PDA

View Full Version : trying to get out ahead

lawnfreak09
02-24-2009, 09:04 PM
hey i am new to the site and just wanting to introduce myself. i started working for a friends uncle in high school and stayed there for 4 years and then bought my own equipment. i am just doing residential yards right now. Small operation trying to expand. Any advertising tricks would be appreciated. thanks

DLAWNS
02-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Welcome to the site. Not really an advertising trick, but just get out there with some fliers. Good luck to ya!

lawnfreak09
02-24-2009, 10:00 PM
hey thanks for the reply i see that you are like the lawnsite meet and greet

DLAWNS
02-24-2009, 10:23 PM
I try.:laugh: I always notice all these new guys saying hello and no one really says anything...so I took it upon myself to be a one man welcoming committee.

lawnfreak09
02-24-2009, 10:39 PM
looked at your website looks like you got it goin on for being so young. good to see someone young doing good. i'm just 20 myself

DLAWNS
02-24-2009, 11:34 PM
looked at your website looks like you got it goin on for being so young. good to see someone young doing good. i'm just 20 myself

Thanks, dude. I gotta update the site. It's like two years old and I need to add stuff like a pics page and a couple other things. The pic on there is of when I started, you should check out my picture thread. It's on the first or second page in the pictures forum. Let me know what you think. It's also great to see young guys getting into the business. You should post some pics of your equipment or some of your work.

lawnfreak09
02-25-2009, 12:13 AM
i will try to get some pics on here. if you dont mind me asking what kind of equipment did you start out with. and what kind of money you made your first year. i made a little over $16,000 last year i know that is not a lot of money but i am trying to see if i am on track here. thanks

DLAWNS
02-25-2009, 12:26 AM
i will try to get some pics on here. if you dont mind me asking what kind of equipment did you start out with. and what kind of money you made your first year. i made a little over $16,000 last year i know that is not a lot of money but i am trying to see if i am on track here. thanks

The picture on the website is pretty much what I started with. My first year we brought in a little over 50. This year we brought in a little over 100. You're doing very well for yourself. We went balls to the wall to get customers and I am in an area that I know a lot of people and had a lot of good contacts. Any other questions or for more details, just ask.

lawnfreak09
02-25-2009, 12:35 AM
hey thanks for all the info it is nice to have someone on here to ask ?s

DLAWNS
02-25-2009, 12:48 AM
No problem, man. Like I said..anytime.

TheCanadianLawnRanger
02-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Hey and welcome

Last year was my 1st year. I had 80 residentals. I bought the contracts off another company though. I brough in about 50k last year but put out most of it to buy the contracts and all the equiptment i needed.. best of luck. 1 thing I found that was good for advertising was free classifieds online in my area.:canadaflag: