PDA

View Full Version : Intro, and thanks for having me!

PAR Lawn
02-25-2009, 12:58 AM
Hi,
I'm new in the business, 7 months. I started working my Dad's lawn @ 14yrs. old, and liked it. I have had a few jobs since then, but I really liked working outside. I got the opportunity July 08 to start my own business, I thought about being a poolman, then I talked to poolmen and they said no way, find something else, so I chose LawnCare.
I have walked many, many, many neighborhoods putting out flyers that I made. I have had great success in doing this! It's so funny though. You can put out 500 flyers and get 1 call, then the next day put out 50 and get 5 calls. I'm at the point where I'm getting referals from other referals now, and the business is starting to snowball. I have 18 customers and my income is over 35K and growing. I have been studying and reading, talking to other guys out there, and I have learned so much. I have to say though, it's no cakewalk getting it started. I have always been of the school, "You have to put your heart and soul into what you're doing." Plus loving what you're doing always helps!
I'm very glad that I stumbled onto this site. It's tax time now and I have to start the expense thing, so if there is anyone out there who can point me to a good tax program, TurboTax, or H & R. Or even if I should stay away from that all together. I have like no trust for the evil tax man...lol!
You all have a great week and remember,..green side up!

lawnfreak09
02-25-2009, 08:54 PM
hey welcome to the site. i did all my taxes on turbo tax. real simple stuff. good luck

DLAWNS
02-25-2009, 11:03 PM
hey welcome to the site. i did all my taxes on turbo tax. real simple stuff. good luck

What are you stealing my job? Just kidding.

PAR Lawn: Welcome to the site and good luck in '09.