PDA

View Full Version : Z Spray DELIVERED :)

Rayholio
02-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Got my Z spray Jr today..

Geeze.. These things are huge! They call THIS a Jr??

Heheh somehow the pics don't do it justice... Built like a tank.. and really quite functional.. I wish it were a little lower to the ground, with better spreader calibration guidelines... but other than that... Top Notch product.

Anyone put a blower rack on one of these? So you can blow off sidewalks while you're out?

rcreech
02-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Got my Z spray Jr today..

Geeze.. These things are huge! They call THIS a Jr??

Heheh somehow the pics don't do it justice... Built like a tank.. and really quite functional.. I wish it were a little lower to the ground, with better spreader calibration guidelines... but other than that... Top Notch product.

Anyone put a blower rack on one of these? So you can blow off sidewalks while you're out?

Thats great Rayholio! Good Luck to you!

We are actually in the middl of working on a backpack sprayer mount for our Z Int as we speak! I will try and post pictures tomorrow when completed.

We are making an insert to fit in the tray and hold the backpack. I am not sure how we are going to mount the tube on the front...but thinking maybe a C clip. That is one of the things we have to come up with today.

br549oicu8
02-26-2009, 09:33 AM
The Z-Folks mentioned to me they were working on a mount for a blower also...
You'll love that machine!!!!

grassman177
02-26-2009, 10:16 AM
told you it would be good, congrats man. calibrations are easy and if you have problems call them and they walk you through it so it cant be messed up. i can tell you now to set the speed at5-6 mph and the hopper setting at i think about 5.5 for a little less for 4lbs per k and the impellar speed dial at about 2-2.5. that will get you real close and you can play from there. good luck.

Rayholio
02-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Great :) Thanks for the calibration advice :) and I can't wait to see some of these customizations!

-Ray

a plus bob
02-26-2009, 02:24 PM
man we need some Z-SPRAY A team t-shirts dont we guys!!!:laugh:

br549oicu8
02-26-2009, 02:30 PM
I vote...
1 Z-Spray--hat and shirt
2nd Z-Spray--Sweatshirt
3rd Z-Spray---embroidered jacket!!

Don't tell Andy I said that though!!!
LOL!!!!!

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
02-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Is it just me, or was the T3000 a flop:dizzy::laugh:

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
02-26-2009, 02:32 PM
I vote...
1 Z-Spray--hat and shirt
2nd Z-Spray--Sweatshirt

LOL!!!!!

What if you have a Z-Plug...Anything for that:dancing:

DUSTYCEDAR
02-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Yeah dont forget the hole punchin guys:)

br549oicu8
02-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Those count too!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope Tom Rich isn't shaking his head at me....going..."Geez"!!!

LOL!!!!:hammerhead:

br549oicu8
02-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Hmmmm.......

Real Green
02-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Is it just me, or was the T3000 a flop:dizzy::laugh:

:confused: Why would the T3000 be considered a flop? It was just made available to public in November. So three guys on the board get new Z-Sprays and are excited and post about it. That makes the T3000 a flop?

turf hokie
02-26-2009, 06:50 PM
:confused: Why would the T3000 be considered a flop? It was just made available to public in November. So three guys on the board get new Z-Sprays and are excited and post about it. That makes the T3000 a flop?

I have a z spray and love it so sign me up for a tshirt!!!!, but I also am looking forward to meeting Bob and the T-3000 at the Valley Green open house in March. I am curious as to how it looks and feels up close after all the hype on here. I am really curious about the steering wheel concept as it is different than anything out there right now.

grassman177
02-26-2009, 07:54 PM
i dont think it is a flop and i would never own one! nothing is a flop if chemlawn is buying tons of them. i thinik they will do well with this machine, but like i said, not my cup of tea. i prefer the Z tea!!!!! nice shirt dad, very cool haha.

Rayholio
02-26-2009, 08:28 PM
These machines are ALL different enough that they have their own customer base, and what's right for one person will not be right for the next.. Not are failures that I can see, as they have all brought something different to the table, and will continue to sell well to like minded companies.

turfsolutions
02-26-2009, 08:40 PM
If 3 zsprays = embroidered jacket

What about 2 zsprays and a z plugr gets an embroidered jacket too.

LT RICH guys can pm me and I will provide my address.:clapping:

a plus bob
02-26-2009, 08:41 PM
I vote...
1 Z-Spray--hat and shirt
2nd Z-Spray--Sweatshirt

LOL!!!!!

Why dont we just tell Tom Andy said it was ok?:waving: HI ANDY

americanlawn
02-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Been doing this over 30 years. Always comparing & testing many ride-ons including Permagreen, Z-Sprays (all sizes, including locking casters), T3000's, and others.

PG's have their place, and they have helped out most of us in the past. Thank you PermaGreen -- I respect you very much.

How 'bout Z-Sprays?? Locking casters (odd that they just came out with this, cuz it's probably to compete with the T3000???, but that is a joke. We spent several hours testing them - still the same thing....anybody that runs zero-turn mowers knows what I'm talking about.. No matter how you "lock in" the front tires, you will go downhill quickly. :hammerhead: Oh yes...it takes another "hand or foot" to operate this obsolete option.

Check out fellow members who run Z-Sprays. You will see either a LARGE truck or a trailer being pulled by another vehicle.:laugh: That means extra insurance & licensing & fuel for the extra vehicles needed. Not good. :cry:

I got more, but I'm saving them. PM me if you want actual comparisons.

Okay -- "pull my leg":laugh:

Here's another one of many............

Deflector shield: (important for most folks). T3000 = "on the fly". Z-Spray = stop the unit, then go in front of the machine, then "hand flip" the deflector down, then climb back on the machine...... then reverse the process once a delfletor shield is not necessary. :hammerhead:

The above issues/questions are addressed whenever folks have demoed our T3000's. So far, these issues were important to those who tried our T3000's. Hence my post. I don't aim to upset anybody. Just telling it how we see it. :usflag:

i dont think it is a flop and i would never own one! nothing is a flop if chemlawn is buying tons of them. i thinik they will do well with this machine, but like i said, not my cup of tea. i prefer the Z tea!!!!! nice shirt dad, very cool haha.

a plus bob
02-26-2009, 09:40 PM
I have NEVER stepped off my Z-SPRAY to put my deflector down always on the go.I use a 1 ton chevy with a carrier rack alot like your rig!!!I don't have casters and I can promise you I can run circles around your T3000 on a hill!:weightlifter:

jkranium
02-26-2009, 09:41 PM
you or your guys must be short. :) I am 6' and can easily reach the deflector on my z-intermediate while standing on the unit. Or maybe I have ape arms....I think there is a place for both. The T3000 has grown on me and I think I will never get another permagreen. Put I just love the z on 30k plus properties

br549oicu8
02-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Been doing this over 30 years. Always comparing & testing many ride-ons including Permagreen, Z-Sprays (all sizes, including locking casters), T3000's, and others.

PG's have their place, and they have helped out most of us in the past. Thank you PermaGreen -- I respect you very much.

How 'bout Z-Sprays?? Locking casters (odd that they just came out with this, cuz it's probably to compete with the T3000???, but that is a joke. We spent several hours testing them - still the same thing....anybody that runs zero-turn mowers knows what I'm talking about.. No matter how you "lock in" the front tires, you will go downhill quickly. :hammerhead: Oh yes...it takes another "hand or foot" to operate this obsolete option.

Check out fellow members who run Z-Sprays. You will see either a LARGE truck or a trailer being pulled by another vehicle.:laugh: That means extra insurance & licensing & fuel for the extra vehicles needed. Not good. :cry:

Okay -- "pull my leg":laugh:

Deflector shield: (important for most folks). T3000 = "on the fly". Z-Spray = stop the unit, then go in front of the machine, then "hand flip" the deflector down, then climb back on the machine...... then reverse the process once a delfletor shield is not necessary. :hammerhead:

The above issues/questions are addressed whenever folks have demoed our T3000's. So far, these issues were important to those who tried our T3000's. Hence my post. I don't aim to upset anybody. Just telling it how we see it. :usflag:

I think it would be more appropriate for you to pull my finger!! That way equal lingo would be traded.....

grassman177
02-26-2009, 09:42 PM
i can reach down and flip the deflector sheild on the fly with my zsprays, but maybe that is me. i do not have to get off the machine

Real Green
02-26-2009, 10:42 PM
These machines are ALL different enough that they have their own customer base, and what's right for one person will not be right for the next.. Not are failures that I can see, as they have all brought something different to the table, and will continue to sell well to like minded companies.

I agree whole-heartedly.

RABBITMAN11
02-27-2009, 10:07 AM

How 'bout Z-Sprays?? Locking casters (odd that they just came out with this, cuz it's probably to compete with the T3000???, but that is a joke. We spent several hours testing them - still the same thing....anybody that runs zero-turn mowers knows what I'm talking about.. No matter how you "lock in" the front tires, you will go downhill quickly. Oh yes...it takes another "hand or foot" to operate this obsolete option.

Check out fellow members who run Z-Sprays. You will see either a LARGE truck or a trailer being pulled by another vehicle. That means extra insurance & licensing & fuel for the extra vehicles needed. Not good.

Okay -- "pull my leg"

Deflector shield: (important for most folks). T3000 = "on the fly". Z-Spray = stop the unit, then go in front of the machine, then "hand flip" the deflector down, then climb back on the machine...... then reverse the process once a delfletor shield is not necessary.

The above issues/questions are addressed whenever folks have demoed our T3000's. So far, these issues were important to those who tried our T3000's. Hence my post. I don't aim to upset anybody. Just telling it how we see it.

We all know you love your machine. When you get on here and talk smack your crediablity turns to crap. Why don't you just keep your mouth shut. FACTS ARE THE FACTS THE ZSPRAY IS A SUPERIOR MACHINE THATS WHY IT IS THE CHOICE OF MOST PROFESSIONAL LAWN CARE APPLICATORS!
You have told us over and over and over to the point that you sound stupid.
May bee you thought we forgot about you and your t-3000. No one that mows grass is going to stop mowing grass with a zero turn mower and go back to a MTD tractor.

FdLLawnMan
02-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Ok,lets turn this into a bash the the T3000 because you feel so superior that you have a Z-Spray. Like Real Green says, the T3000 was just introduced in November so I would give it a few years before you make a statement that it was a flop. Larry likes his T3000 and does well with it and has the numbers to prove it just like Reel Green. If they would have been junk they woudn't have bought another one. Larry went so far as to visit all the factories and drive them for several hours and the T3000 fits the bill for him. Can any of the rest of you guys say that. You guys like your Z-Spray so great. Quit ripping on a sponsor of this site. That isn't very smart. I like my T3000. I can get in small yards and large properties. It is easy to handle, very reliable, spreads and sprays great and I am not beat to crap after a day of work. As far has hills, I would challenge anybody on any hill. And we are not going to be going straight up and down either. I have a Zero turn mower and like it, but I do know it can be unstable on hills.
Relax, enjoy your Z-Sprays, its a machine, not a religion.

br549oicu8
02-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Ok,lets turn this into a bash the the T3000 because you feel so superior that you have a Z-Spray. Like Real Green says, the T3000 was just introduced in November so I would give it a few years before you make a statement that it was a flop. Larry likes his T3000 and does well with it and has the numbers to prove it just like Reel Green. If they would have been junk they woudn't have bought another one. Larry went so far as to visit all the factories and drive them for several hours and the T3000 fits the bill for him. Can any of the rest of you guys say that. You guys like your Z-Spray so great. Quit ripping on a sponsor of this site. That isn't very smart. I like my T3000. I can get in small yards and large properties. It is easy to handle, very reliable, spreads and sprays great and I am not beat to crap after a day of work. As far has hills, I would challenge anybody on any hill. And we are not going to be going straight up and down either. I have a Zero turn mower and like it, but I do know it can be unstable on hills.

You are right. To each his own. We just happen to be praising our Z-Sprays to each other and it never fails that a certain (other brand) user wants to chime and start pi$$ing people off. I have 3 Z's and love them. I saw the T-3000 in Louisville and wasn't impressed at all but that is just my personal take. It could be the perfect match for others and that is wonderful.
Our Z-Max does some pretty incredible slopes. I need to call Andy about where he got the slope meter he used in the video they made. I am curious myself now.
Whatever makes you money..........

grassman177
02-27-2009, 02:26 PM
yyuuuppp. well said, most with zsprays dont start any bashing until someone else comes in and starts with the hype first. i am not innocent. i bashed the t3000 a time or two but realized it was not cool. if folks buy it and like it then it is a good product for them. i nor my dad will ever consider one by any means but i wont bash anyone for choosing it over aonther brand. use what you will, but we are proud to own the machines we have and just want to brag it up without interferance. too bad it will never happen.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-27-2009, 04:04 PM
LETS ALL HUG:clapping:

sprayboy
02-27-2009, 05:37 PM
LETS ALL HUG:clapping:

you might want to take a bath first.............you look kinda dirty.........dusty

americanlawn
02-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Hey folks -- just thought I'd liven it up. Heck - I consider all who have posted on this thread as friends. Sure we battle back & forth. When we drove the Z-Sprays (all of them), my "right-hand man" could not reach the deflector shield cuz he is short, but I could. I wish they could come up with a lever instead of having to flip it up/down by hand.

Had a guy from K.C. stop by today to buy our last PG carrier rack (we still have a used PG Ultra for sale - cheap). He's gunna run his PG until it dies, but after that, he plans to compare the Z vs the T. (best 2 choices in my book). His concern was his very small storage building, so he liked the idea of a carrier rack vs a trailer or large truck. He called B & B regarding a carrier rack for a Z, but he was disappointed with what they recommended.

We like what we have, and others like what they have. That's what's important. A few years ago, there was no good choice. We have a (very expensive) tanker truck that we rarely use any more....thanks to TURFCO & LT Rich.

grassgod
02-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Ok,lets turn this into a bash the the T3000 because you feel so superior that you have a Z-Spray. Like Real Green says, the T3000 was just introduced in November so I would give it a few years before you make a statement that it was a flop. Larry likes his T3000 and does well with it and has the numbers to prove it just like Reel Green. If they would have been junk they woudn't have bought another one. Larry went so far as to visit all the factories and drive them for several hours and the T3000 fits the bill for him. Can any of the rest of you guys say that. You guys like your Z-Spray so great. Quit ripping on a sponsor of this site. That isn't versmart. I like my T3000. I can get in small yards and large properties. It is easy to handle, very reliable, spreads and sprays great and I am not beat to crap after a day of work. As far has hills, I would challenge anybody on any hill. And we are not going to be going straight up and down either. I have a Zero turn mower and like it, but I do know it can be unstable on hills.

hey, call a Spade A Spade, there was only one guy really trying to bash a product. only one guy that went out of his way to try and bad mouth in detail a Good Product. lets face it, there are a couple of guys on here that are either sales reps and/or distributors for the new so called "revolutionary spreader/sprayer." American Lawn has gone out of his way to bad mouth Z-Spray, and with exgarrated and incorrect information at that. seems he cant operated spray equipment or tow a trailer, and unless the mower has training wheels he cant operate it either. Then theres the "gas guzzling" trucks he doesnt have. loaded Full size TRucks with a tray on back that must be solar powered. how else would it get better milage then any other person on here. I for one dont believe for a minute he has spent any time driving various equipment as he has started. maybe it time for "Larry" to move on, drop the sales pitch. if you guys are profitting from your T-3000 sales pitch just admit to it, or is that another way of misleading people on whats behind your tatics.

robertsturf
02-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Hey folks -- just thought I'd liven it up. Heck - I consider all who have posted on this thread as friends. Sure we battle back & forth. When we drove the Z-Sprays (all of them), my "right-hand man" could not reach the deflector shield cuz he is short, but I could. I wish they could come up with a lever instead of having to flip it up/down by hand.

Had a guy from K.C. stop by today to buy our last PG carrier rack (we still have a used PG Ultra for sale - cheap). He's gunna run his PG until it dies, but after that, he plans to compare the Z vs the T. (best 2 choices in my book). His concern was his very small storage building, so he liked the idea of a carrier rack vs a trailer or large truck. He called B & B regarding a carrier rack for a Z, but he was disappointed with what they recommended.

We like what we have, and others like what they have. That's what's important. A few years ago, there was no good choice. We have a (very expensive) tanker truck that we rarely use any more....thanks to TURFCO & LT Rich.

Ok guys I am the one who drove up to see Larry and his ultra secret machine. While I was up their I picked up his last PG rack. He is NOT a salesman for Turfco as many would have you believe. What he is, is a good business man who has found a machine that works well for HIM. It's just like in the mowing threads you ask a question about what mower is the best and you will get a hundred different responses. He did allow me to drive around his T 3000 and it is a well built machine. Some of the criticism's that are leveled about him and the machine are just not right. Just one about the machine is the turning radius. It turns very tight but not like a Z, so does that mean it won't work for small yards? You will have to make that decision on your own. My challenge to you guy's is get out of your mom and dads basement and get a real job or start your own business and see what challenges really come your way. BTW I still think the T 3000 is a little pricey but when my PG dies (2-3 yrs) who knows?...

Victor
02-27-2009, 08:02 PM
If you go up to post #8, you'll see that Liberty started the stone throwing in this thread, not Larry. His quip about T3000's being a flop is what started the back and forth crap. Not Real Green, not FD and not Larry. If some of you elect to twist the truth to suit your agendas, so be it, but don't tell me a pig's but isn't pork.

No matter how you stack it up, there will always be fans of Z's and there will always be fans of T3000's. Using which ever one is best for you is all that matters.

grassgod
02-27-2009, 08:20 PM
If you go up to post #8, you'll see that Liberty started the stone throwing in this thread, not Larry. His quip about T3000's being a flop is what started the back and forth crap. Not Real Green, not FD and not Larry. If some of you elect to twist the truth to suit your agendas, so be it, but don't tell me a pig's but isn't pork.

No matter how you stack it up, there will always be fans of Z's and there will always be fans of T3000's. Using which ever one is best for you is all that matters.

twisting the truth, that is what you can call it when you read all the crap American Lawn posted in his post. i dont have a thing against the T, tried it, not for me. Pg's i have one, still not for me. i love the Z and the things it can do with a little common sense is awsome. but to point out flaws that are not there, thats wrong. i agree with you Victor, there is a different machine for each person out there.

grassgod
02-27-2009, 08:45 PM
btw those orange z spray shirts, awful!!!!

grassman177
02-27-2009, 08:59 PM
by the way, the t shirts are not real. my dad made them up on a website in like 30 secoinds just to have a bit of fun. we are useing this webiste to do some long sleeve shirts for our techs to use this season. very cool site. custom everything and hundreds of colors to choose from

grassgod
02-27-2009, 09:08 PM
by the way, the t shirts are not real. my dad made them up on a website in like 30 secoinds just to have a bit of fun. we are useing this webiste to do some long sleeve shirts for our techs to use this season. very cool site. custom everything and hundreds of colors to choose from

i figured as much, you mean you dont wear nice long sleeve collared shirts, lol

Runner
02-27-2009, 09:17 PM
I've got nothing bad to say,...But it DOES just utterly blow my mind how and WHY they would make a video that is supposed to be a direct representation of professionalism, and that shows something as sloppy and unprofessional as not only people applying in shorts, but as comical as a clown as the guy in the video at 1:46 spraying stuff all over his shoes and bare legs - and if that wasn't bad enough,..then trudging through it. :dizzy::hammerhead:
This just SCREAMS of the connotation that "we build equipment, but we don't know a DARNED thing about spraying - to begin with". Here is the vid...see for yourself...http://www.turfcodirect.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&func=viewpub&tid=1&pid=39 :rolleyes:

americanlawn
02-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Now I hope folks finally realize that I do not lie --- I mean REALLY...,what's it gunna take??? no reason for it. robertsturf was here today, and he just vouched for me - even though he doesn't run a TURFCO (thanks bud)). robertsturf runs a small business that includes his wife (just like me). He drove up today with his wife & son. A fine Christian Family for sure. He test drove a T3000 today at our facility he liked it. I ain't no salesman for sure. I merely post results of what we have tried. Vic and several others (many of which run Z-Sprays) are also friends of mine. I truly do not know what products work best for the next guy. All I know is that people have good choices now compared to ten years ago. Thanks all -- don't blame me personally if I see faults or needed improvements in equipment, I'll post most suggestioins -- some I will keep to ourselves & TURFCO. Just trying to offer our experiences with products we tried or use.

Note: Thanks lawnsite :usflag:. Your guys have a fine site. Hope members appreciate it.

RABBITMAN11
02-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Funny how the day you went to Z-spray headquarters that just happened to be the day a convention for green industry took place! You test drove the equipment in the parking lot and down a drainage ditch now you are a so called expert of other ride ons. You can keep your ride on tractor and we will keep our high tech zero turn ride on! Peace out..............

spray master
02-28-2009, 01:15 AM
Right on rabbitman. But I can't say anything bad cause turfcobob will yell at me. :confused:. But I agree with GrassGod and he's out look about a certain guy on here.

Funny how the day you went to Z-spray headquarters that just happened to be the day a convention for green industry took place! You test drove the equipment in the parking lot and down a drainage ditch now you are a so called expert of other ride ons. You can keep your ride on tractor and we will keep our high tech zero turn ride on! Peace out..............

grassman177
02-28-2009, 10:24 AM
actually we do wear long sleeve collared shirts, ahha. they are pretty thin and cool though. the long sleeve t shirts with our logos are for the spray techs as they are a cheaper alternative rightnow. you guys are getting pretty pissy. it can get darn funny on here too! we can all calm down a bit, i get it and have been there but it is ok, we are all still here to help one another.

Tscape
02-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Funny stuff for sure! I have had guys on here threaten to drive to my house and beat me up over this topic. It really is funny stuff. BTW, I'm still waiting for my doorbell to ring. You know who you are.