PDA

View Full Version : Cusromer warned me of her neighbor

deltascapes
02-25-2009, 11:47 PM
I was spraying a clients yard this morning and the neighbor came out and asked for a price. I measured the yard and gave a quote and a contract and he signed and he left. The lady came out after i finished her yard. She said I need to get money in advance because he stiffed the guy that was mowing her yard. All i need is to chase someone down to pay. I told him I would be back next week before he left and I found this out. The yard is terrible it is going to take a lot of work. Should I leave it alone or just ask for advance or run?

big acres
02-25-2009, 11:57 PM
I think you can make this decision. The writing is on the wall.

br549oicu8
02-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Ask him to leave the check in the door before you arrive. If not there...see ya!

MNBOY
02-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Don't walk. RUN!!!

LouisianaLawnboy
02-26-2009, 09:51 AM
If its bad like you say. Tell the customer that with such a job you are going to have require a partial payment up front.

mngrassguy
02-26-2009, 09:58 AM
You only have 3 option here,

1. Do the app and risk not getting paid. It's only one app.
2. Don't do the app and lose a customer.
3. Ask for payment in advance.

Flip a coin

RABBITMAN11
02-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Tell him you only take on customers that pay for the whole program in advance!

Ric
02-26-2009, 11:32 AM
I was spraying a clients yard this morning and the neighbor came out and asked for a price. I measured the yard and gave a quote and a contract and he signed and he left. The lady came out after i finished her yard. She said I need to get money in advance because he stiffed the guy that was mowing her yard. All i need is to chase someone down to pay. I told him I would be back next week before he left and I found this out. The yard is terrible it is going to take a lot of work. Should I leave it alone or just ask for advance or run?

Delta

You have a signed contract, If he has a copy with your signature then you are committed. You have to do one application and wait for a payment. If he pays then keep going with caution as per his neighbor. If he doesn't pay send him a certified letter saying he has broken the contract by not paying. The threat of credit reporting or collection doesn't effect this type. But the same type will sue you back in a NY second.

Remember, Contracts are a double edged sword. They can strike both ways.