PDA

View Full Version : millenium vs. momentum

GREEN-UP
02-26-2009, 12:39 AM
I am thinking of switching over to millenium this year compared to momentum. Can I get some feedback on results of using millenium vs. momentum. I am 98% commercial, and mill is geared all comm. Will I get more for my $$ and good results?

Josh.S
02-26-2009, 11:24 AM
I am thinking of switching over to millenium this year compared to momentum. Can I get some feedback on results of using millenium vs. momentum. I am 98% commercial, and mill is geared all comm. Will I get more for my $$ and good results?

My friend uses millenium ultra 2 and he says it works great and he wouldn't use anything else. He said he hasn't got nearly the call backs compared to when he used triplet and strike three. I don't know anything about momentum though.

DITCHDIGGIN
02-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Without looking at the label(it's been a while) I don't think you can use Millenium on residentials because of the Confront. Momentum and Millenium are both good products and I use both of them with excellent results. The Millenium uses a lower rate compared to Momentum but the price per 1000 comes out close to the same when its all said and done.

PSUTURFGEEK
02-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Both products are made by Nufarm and very similar, I think momentum is a better product for the money due to the nutsedge suppression.

foreplease
02-27-2009, 12:28 PM
I have been using Momentum for 7-8 years on athletic fields and changed to Millenium part way through last year. I think I am going to change back. Typically I spray below label rates anywhere from 0.9 - 1.2 oz/M depending on how things look. I guess I should try Millenium at full rate before deciding. My impression last year was they both work but that Momentum works better. I think I just feel more comfortable with it as I know how it behaves.

I'm glad to see the question raised as I thought it was just me.

RigglePLC
02-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Millenium has 2,4-D, dicamba, and clorpyralid--which chlorpyralid can sometimes persist in the clippings--when they are used for composts it can damage tomatoes and other plants a year later--or even longer. So...no longer registered or allowed on home lawns--only commercial where you can control the clippings disposal.

Momentum has 2,4-D, triclopyr, and fluroxypyr. No clopyralid, no dicamba.

I prefer a product with dicamba.

foreplease
02-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Millenium has 2,4-D, dicamba, and clorpyralid--which chlorpyralid can sometimes persist in the clippings--when they are used for composts it can damage tomatoes and other plants a year later--or even longer. So...no longer registered or allowed on home lawns--only commercial where you can control the clippings disposal.

Momentum has 2,4-D, triclopyr, and fluroxypyr. No clopyralid, no dicamba.

I prefer a product with dicamba.

Well done. I bet you have less clover than I do. Great explanation.

TMlawncare
03-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Both products are made by Nufarm and very similar, I think momentum is a better product for the money due to the nutsedge suppression.

Momentum offer no nutsedge suppression. You must be thinking of Q4 or a comparable product.

PSUTURFGEEK
03-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Read the label on momentum fx2 then comment, I happen to keep up with this industry on a daily basis.

TJLANDS
03-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Momentum offer no nutsedge suppression. You must be thinking of Q4 or a comparable product.

Just FYI, Momentum, FX Fx2
Even though it wasn't labeled for nutsedge until recently it has pretty much eliminated nutsedge on all of my accounts. Not all people knew about it.
I had some commercial accounts that were just inundated with the weed.
Havent needed to buy Manage$$ in a couple of years