PDA

View Full Version : STRONG weed killer

QualityMowingServices
02-26-2009, 08:46 AM
hey guys,
I have a place I bid on that has a very steep stone drop off because his property sits about 20 feet higher than the neighbors. The problem is it's too steep to walk and weed trim but there are very thick bush like weeds that grow out of the wall. Is there any weed/grass killer you guys would suggest? Does any 'kills-all' come in hard fertilizer form so it would get inbetween the rocks? Thanks let me know!

David Haggerty
02-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Several soil sterilants come in granular form. They're all susceptible to migration. They'll bleed and leave little dead trails right back to the job site. That's when the Department of Agriculture Investigators show up and fine you for not having a license.

Tell the customer what he needs. He has to buy it and apply it. Farm supply stores are a good place to find it.

Just because you can buy it doesn't mean it's legal for you to apply it.

Jason Rose
02-26-2009, 09:14 AM
I agree, in this situation, where the runoff is going directly onto the neghibors property, a sterilant is NOT a good idea.

It's early, and other than the winter annuals, nothing else is germinating yet. Tell the customer to put down a pre-emergent, like used for landscape beds, 2 to 3 times per year. that will cut the amount of weed growth immensly. Hit the stuff that's already growing with roundup on a warm day.

Preen, is an option, but the better option is Greenlight Amaze (both usually available at a garden center)

QualityMowingServices
02-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the info. I didnt think about the runoff. I'll talk to him and let him know the situation.