PDA

View Full Version : Sod installation

Southernlawnman99
02-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Let me ask you Florida guys something. I have a customer who needs new sod in the front yard. I'm not sure how many sq. feet yet. I'm going over today to give an estimate. I can get 500sq. foot pallets for $105 each. What should I charge for prep and installation? I'm going to have to remove the old grass. I was thinking $.50 $.70 a sq. foot total. What do you think?

Southernlawnman99
02-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Have I been bared from this site? Whatever I did wrong, I'm sure we can work it out. lol

Sym
02-26-2009, 10:00 PM
well.. with sod prices ridiculously low... you price seems fine. A place near me has pallets of 500 sq ft for $99.

Is is in the front yard or back yard?...I always charge more for the backyard (wheelbarrowing back and forth) unless I can get my trailer back there....

Also, something to consider, are you having it delivered or are you bringing it yourself? Don't forget to add the price of delivery! and of course disposal....

sorry if this sounds patchy... I'm really tired and too dumb to go to bed

cochino12
02-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Let me ask you Florida guys something. I have a customer who needs new sod in the front yard. I'm not sure how many sq. feet yet. I'm going over today to give an estimate. I can get 500sq. foot pallets for $105 each. What should I charge for prep and installation? I'm going to have to remove the old grass. I was thinking $.50 $.70 a sq. foot total. What do you think?

Sounds low to me, we usually do ~ $1.25/sq ft to remove and reinstall + dump fee's and are on the lower end of pricing here.

Southernlawnman99
02-27-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm moving to Colorado. I quoted 3400sq. feet yesterday at $2700 & the lady had a cow. It's a remove & install job. I guess she thinks it's easy. If she calls me back after she checks around, that means I'm low & the price goes to 3K.

I.M. Green
02-27-2009, 01:06 PM
I normally give to seperate prices for something like this. The first price is just me laying the sod. The price is me laying the sod and hiring someone with a bobcat to come in scrape it, level it, and haul it away. That way they see how much of a pain and how expensive the removal part is

Turf Dawg
02-27-2009, 11:19 PM

I think it depends on how hard the job is. I just priced/got one today that I priced at .70 a foot. That is to cut out old sod and replace with St Augustine. This is a front yard with easy lines. 4 years ago I did this same persons backyard. I priced the back at like 1.50 a foot, but there was no acess for equipement, tons of trees and beds. BTW our St Augustine is 450sq ft pallets and or running around 125 delivered.

justanotherlawnguy
02-28-2009, 10:57 PM
$1/sf installed, inc prep, 1 pallet minimum....