PDA

View Full Version : When to start putting doorhangers out?

jondcoleman
02-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Have you all started putting your advertisements out there? We probably won't start our first round for another 2 weeks so I am wondering if I should wait until then or go ahead and start next week. Any opinions appreciated. Thanks!

Jon

KES
02-27-2009, 11:04 AM
In Alabama I have already been doing it. I and everyone else around here starts in January, but I know our growing season is different from up north.

Derek

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Don't start until you get a nice string of warmer late winter/early spring days in a row.
Especially don't start if there is any snow/flurries/ice in the forecast. People will just grab your hanger and dump it.

Watch the weather forecast and catch people in spring fever.

Marcos
02-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Have you all started putting your advertisements out there? We probably won't start our first round for another 2 weeks so I am wondering if I should wait until then or go ahead and start next week. Any opinions appreciated. Thanks!

Jon

What a waste!
Door hangers only have effectiveness between 2 to 3% of the time....when they're not blown into the bushes by the wind.

jondcoleman
02-27-2009, 02:36 PM
What do you use Marcos? I don't know that there is anything else that works more effectively, except maybe word of mouth.

Marcos
02-27-2009, 09:32 PM
What do you use Marcos? I don't know that there is anything else that works more effectively, except maybe word of mouth.

Referrals, W.O.M, kiddie team sports sponsorship, and local newspaper and mailer coupons, like Val Pac.