PDA

View Full Version : infield height

cgrappler135
02-27-2009, 07:25 PM
I have the chance to bid on 2 local baseball fields. I was just wondering what the normal cutting height is for the infield? My understanding is anywhere from 2"-2 3/4". Does that sound about right? Thx

thartz
02-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Depends on your turf and I'm not kidding when I say this " How the coach wants it cut " . If he wants a fast field cut it low ; slow field cut it high . I know this sounds nuts but I'll give you an example . My coach would get his scouting report of the opposing team for the coming week . He would tell me if he wanted a fast or slow field . Oh , stripe the heck out of it !!!!!!!

KGR landscapeing
02-28-2009, 03:15 PM
We used to do the same thing on a diffrent scale at the golf course. If they had a tourney coming up and we new it would be windywed letd it come up a hair so ur ball would stick alittle more. u couldnt tell by looking but it was there. 2'' is probably the shortest But in the spring it will take daily mowing to keep it there

ktmmedic
03-19-2009, 01:42 AM
We try to keep our baseball and softball fields around 1.5". Priced a Toro reel mower last week. If principal gives in the fields will be around .75"