PDA

View Full Version : Pre, Post and Fert questions?

Lawn_Enforcement
02-27-2009, 11:15 PM
For Pre-Em which is better Barricade or Dimension?
also is there really nothing to prevent dandelions only kill them off by waiting then applying MSMA 2,4-d which is the same thing used for a Post essentially right.

Also I find it easier to use granular fertilizer is it easier to get the WP that is blue and mixes in with the MSMa? Does it mix with Barricade and Dimension as well?

Im still learning so any information is appreciated

GravelyGuy
02-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Dandelions are perennials so pre doesn't do anything for them. The best way to toast dandy's that I've found is fall application of Speedzone.

There are much better products than MSMA also. In Indiana you have to have a separate license to apply liquid fert so you may want to check into that.

mngrassguy
02-28-2009, 10:04 AM
I like Dimension because of it's post control of crabgrass. Both will stop weed seeds from germinating but neither will do anything for the ones that are up.

You'll have to rephrase that last paragraph. Your question makes no sense to me.

Sorry, I have to ask, Are you a Licensed Pesticide Applicator?

Lawn_Enforcement
02-28-2009, 02:14 PM
mngrassguy I was asking if you could use Tracite with dimension and Barricade.... and Yes I am licensed I got it last year and am thinking about doing apps this year. Gravely a license in Ky you can use liquid or granular there i no distinction. I know the law and regulations very well but about products I could use some advice on what is best to use... Thanks one more quick thing Dimension does not show to be used as a Post Emergence for Crabgrass so just curious does it work?

mngrassguy
02-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Sorry, I know nothing about Tracite.

Dimension works well on young crab up to about the third tiller stage.