PDA

View Full Version : Moss stone

bohiaa
02-27-2009, 11:32 PM
I have never herd of moss stone,

have a customer who wants a flower bed built around a tree using this stone.

does anyone have any pics..

Thanks

Smallaxe
02-28-2009, 08:56 AM
... herd of moss stone? Does it come in herds? :)

I think its just rocks that grows moss. I would have this lady give me a sensible description of what she is talking about.

Cultivating moss on stones! That would be an interesting challenge.

Isobel
02-28-2009, 09:27 PM
I have never herd of moss stone,

have a customer who wants a flower bed built around a tree using this stone.

does anyone have any pics..

Thanks

i've never even heard of this stuff. :dizzy:

The Elements Group
03-01-2009, 10:21 AM
i have used "mossy rounds" and also mossy "one-man " boulders but ..... this may not be what he is looking for... you can create moss with buttermilk and miracle-gro this could be an option....... good luck

White Gardens
03-01-2009, 10:36 AM
... herd of moss stone? Does it come in herds? :)

Ha, I can see it now..... A herd of stones roaming the country side. Would they be like lemmings and throw themselves off of cliffs, they would be dumber than rocks. :laugh: Or, how about rolling stones.

Smallaxe
03-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Ha, I can see it now..... A herd of stones roaming the country side. Would they be like lemmings and throw themselves off of cliffs, they would be dumber than rocks. :laugh: Or, how about rolling stones.

I think you just came up with a commercial for selling moss stone to LCOs. :laugh:

Bush_Baron
03-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Bohiaa,
Go to Wayne's Landscaping, corner of Beltway 8, and 288. They carry Moss Stone, as do many supplier's in the Houston area. Moss Stone has a blend of colors, moss green, brown, and gray. It is popular for bedding boarders. They will ask you if you want "stackable" moss stone, you want "stackable". The stackable goes pretty quick, so if they do not have it, ask them when their next delivery will be, and make yourself available to hand pick the stones you want. It sells for a few cents more per pound...around .14-.16.

Precedence
03-01-2009, 06:20 PM
http://www.renovationexperts.com/images/Landscaping/mackia/rock.jpg

This is weathered limestone, it's sold as moss rock in my area.

Smallaxe
03-02-2009, 05:18 PM
The local box store carries some pieces that look like the weathered limestone. I will have to check and see what it is called.

Kate Butler
03-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Collect some moss, put in a blender with milk (doesn't have to be buttermilk), pour result over the stones you want to grow moss...

Twitchy
03-05-2009, 05:05 PM
On Long Island it's call moss rock, and is commonly used in landscapes for large accent pieces. It's a great stone to use when building retaining walls and waterfalls. The attached picture shows first 25 tons of moss rock that i had delivered to jobsite.