PDA

View Full Version : 33in Stealth Mower

fredski119
02-28-2009, 03:00 PM
33in Stealth mower 10.5 motor in good condtion. Comes with mulching kit, steel catcher and extra set of blades .Asking $700 am located in Broadview hts Ohio suburb of Cleveland. If intrested post a reply Thanks Fred

RGM
02-28-2009, 03:06 PM
How old is it that engine really isn't rated for high hrs that you would put on it for commercial use. I don't think I would get it but if its a first mower for you maybe but $300-500at the most.

fredski119
02-28-2009, 03:28 PM
This mower sells for $1400 brand new. And its made for commercial use you can't buy this mower at your big box stores like Home Depot!

jlawnman
02-28-2009, 08:36 PM
How old is it that engine really isn't rated for high hrs that you would put on it for commercial use.

These engines must might surprise you. Just because it doesn't say Kohler or Kawasaki or Honda on the top doesn't mean it won't last a while if it's serviced properly.

Lakewlc
02-28-2009, 08:53 PM
only if you were closer

RGM
02-28-2009, 10:26 PM
The Briggs IC (Industiral commercial) engine is ok for home owners but not for commercial use that is considered an estate mower probably rated at around 200 hrs. The Cub 33'' that Home Depot is almost the same mower brand new at $1199
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100626122

Mowingman
02-28-2009, 11:30 PM
The Sutech Stealth is considered by most commercial cutters, to be probably the worst mower of it's type ever to be sold as a "commercial" machine. If you go way back into the archives of this site, you can find dozens of posts about how badly designed this mower is.
It could be nice for a homeowner with a large, level lawn though. Real value is probably less than $500.00.
The 33" Ariens, or even the 33" Cub are much better designed and better cutting machines.
I would try to sell it on Craigslist, not on a forum like this. Good luck

I MOW ALONE
03-01-2009, 12:39 AM
i know nothing about these mowers but the briggs i/c is a pretty good engine. the i/c will last way more then 200 hours.

newtostone
03-01-2009, 01:24 AM
I had one and liked it, Its not a dual hydro unit but its good for what it is.

RGM
03-01-2009, 05:13 PM
i know nothing about these mowers but the briggs i/c is a pretty good engine. the i/c will last way more then 200 hours.

Only if you take care of it keep it clean and change that oil but they are rated around 200 hr and a Koller command is rated for around 2000 hrs

I MOW ALONE
03-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Only if you take care of it keep it clean and change that oil but they are rated around 200 hr and a Koller command is rated for around 2000 hrs

200 hours thats it? i can only go off of the one that i had on a trac vac and it had performed very good. i guess you can get a good one and a bad one with every brand out there. but i do agree that the mower itself is not commercial grade material nor is the engine. i was just saying that the i/c motor aint too bad.

Wittapp
03-15-2009, 09:27 PM

My last briggs IC lasted less than 100 hours.

fredski119
03-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Hey, guys i just sold the mower yesterday for $600. I guess not bad for a commercial mower or non-commercial! I think the stealth mower does serves its purpose. The mower deck itself is worthy to be a commercial mower. Hey all am saying is that the mower does the job.

jlawnman
03-15-2009, 10:49 PM
I've never in my 20 years of professional grass cutting have I EVER seen a Kohler last 2000 hours... I purchased this Dixie Chopper once that came with the biggest lemon engine of all: the 25 hp Kohler vertical. at around 300 hours it decided it no longer needed a piston rod... Under warranty and after about 3 weeks in the shop, I ended up with another lemon 25 hp Kohler. (I even told the dealer that I would pay the difference to have a Honda or a Kawasaki installed.) This one lasted about 800 hours. This sob decided that the valve wasn't going back to it's seat quick enough, so it shoved it & the adjoining rocker arm through the valve cover. Subsequently spewing LOTS of hot oil all over an even hotter exhaust system... Fire ensued... Luckily there wasn't much fuel in the tanks. I made a call to an attorney and subsequently had another machine on the way... This time with the new and improved 27 HP Kohler vertical... I don't know how long that one lasted.. I sold it shortly after taking delivery of it.. & purchased a SCAG w/ Kawasaki..

I will say.. that if I were to have another Kohler... it would have to be a single cylinder engine. Those I hear are bulletproof.

lawnpro724
03-15-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure about the smaller commercial engines Briggs makes but their Vanguard Commercial engines are just as good as any other engine out there. I put over 1500hrs on my last mower with a Vanguard and it still ran strong when I sold it.

Panhead
03-17-2009, 12:35 AM
I have a Sutech Commercial 33 and I have to say its a well built machine. I had it for about 4 years and the only problem I had was the handle bars snapped at the bottom but it was an easy fix.

RGM
03-19-2009, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure about the smaller commercial engines Briggs makes but their Vanguard Commercial engines are just as good as any other engine out there. I put over 1500hrs on my last mower with a Vanguard and it still ran strong when I sold it.

I have a snapper pistol grip 48'' walk behind with a 16 hp vanguard that had
about 5000hrs on it.

WeCare-LawnCare
03-19-2009, 06:12 AM
I have a Sutech Commercial 33 and I have to say its a well built machine. I had it for about 4 years and the only problem I had was the handle bars snapped at the bottom but it was an easy fix.

Same here, we have 2, and they both have welded handles. They have worked well for us, but it is a little work on hills. Good Deal with the basket and all, wish it was closer, I would have bought it.