PDA

View Full Version : Considering a smaller truck.

Central Island Lawn
03-01-2009, 03:28 AM
Hi folks.
I'm looking at getting in to a small chassis truck. There is an old Ford Ranger diesel available that I am thinking about using for maintenance. I'll be hauling a 4 x 8 trailer with not too much equipment. I'll have a 34" walk behind, a 21" mower, trimmer, blower, hand tools and stuff, plus all the clippings I pick up in a day or two in the back of the truck. It's the 2.3L turbo diesel, 5 speed. What do you guys think. Yeah it's gutless, but I'm not trying to win any races with this thing. Currently, I drive a 1988 Ford F250 diesel. It seems like a little overkill to pull a few mowers and some hand tools with that much truck. Even when I do irrigation I usually have only a handfull of tools in the back and the supplies are not that heavy. Tell me what you think.

jbpo
03-01-2009, 04:29 AM
the smaller truck will do you just fine. i don't get all the people that have way more truck than they actually need. i have used a compact truck for the last 4 years and have not had any problems. it will save you a little on fuel too which equals more $$ in your pocket.

hchase86
06-18-2009, 02:04 PM
if you are interested in purchasing a cab and chassis, Uhaul sells out their old cab and chassis. They have a lot of different sizes and if you are interested, they also sell thier box trucks. this is just an idea for you. check out their website: www.uhaul.com/trucksales/