PDA

View Full Version : Hadco University

LightYourNight
03-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Hadco has a really cool concept with these free continuing education classes. Check it out www.hadcouniversity.com

GreenLight
03-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Like you, I do love this. I am a literature and continuing education fanatic, I love the opportunity to take advantage of any resource (especially free ones, even if it is mainly reinforcing info). One problem I do have with hadco here is they don't have anyway to enforce a contractors license or business license in the field. My only complaint is any average joe homeowner could use these courses and do it themselves.

LightYourNight
03-01-2009, 03:37 PM
very true greenlight.

Mike M
03-04-2009, 01:38 PM
I think this looks good enough to try, especially for those interested in getting into lighting (especially landscapers looking into diversifying).

Did you see the municipal job on the bridge with LED's? I wonder if Kolor Kinetics (also owned by the same parent company) has anything to do with that?

Personally, I'd like more info regarding training for large scale commercial and municpal lighting, specifically for LED's. I know they do on-site course work/training for Kolor Kinetics in Boston. This is namely for high-power white LED's and RGB LED's.

Government jobs and government contracts seem to make a lot of sense to earn money over the next several years.

If anyone has more info on advanced training for LED's, let me know, thanks.

LightYourNight
03-10-2009, 02:34 AM
Hey Mike, You should send that message to Hadco. I would like more training on using some of the commercial led produts they sell. There are some demo videos on their website for the led products.