PDA

View Full Version : New from PA

03-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Hello to all. After searching sites and a member of several different ones, this site has a lot of traffic and good input. I primarily do maint. and construction, although design and installation make up a fair amount of my business as well. I am closing out my lawn care division this year as I feel with all the economic down turn (and unemployment), there will be a lot of competition from "trunk slammers" in my area. So watch for my zero turn listing in the used equip. area soon. I need to move this item. I enjoy working within the green industry, and being my own boss as allowed me the extra freedom I need to get to my kids athletic activities as well as help out in the classroom or play taxi as needed. I would not change my occupation. Feel free to contact me if you have any personal questions. I will gladly help where/when I can. Networking is what this business is all about. Good luck to all this year. I feel it will be rough in some spots.

DLAWNS
03-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Welcome to Lawnsite and I look forward to talking with you in the future.

03-01-2009, 02:58 PM
DLawns, thanks for the welcome. this site has a great wealth of info. looking forward to using it to its fullest.

matt10486
03-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Yeh, this site is great. I was on another site for sometime and the people there werent willing to help me out in anyway. Where at in Pa are you? Welcome to the site. Talk to you soon.

Matt

J&R Landscaping
03-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Welcome to Lawnsite! Where in PA are you located??

03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
I am located in Lock Haven, PA; 40 min.east of Penn State and 30 min. west of Williamsport. I enjoy this site much more than any others I have been on. Everyone is very nice and you are correct, all seem more than willing to help. That is the only way to truely be a good business man is through postive interaction with others in the industry. Working against each other is not conducive to anything but under cutting your/our bottom line. Thanks for the inquiry.

Allens LawnCare
03-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Welcome, watch out for J&R Landscaping.....he's nothing but trouble!

03-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the heads up regarding J&R. All info. is good, it is how you interpret it that makes it useful.

J&R Landscaping
03-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Welcome, watch out for J&R Landscaping.....he's nothing but trouble!

ROFLMAO.....I might be trouble but he's about 3 hours from me anyhow!! Good luck this comming season. Seems like its going to be a tough year. I'm seeing a huge number of low ball operations getting started but so far, customers are staying. It just might be a bit harder picking up new clients..