PDA

View Full Version : Weed Control Apps and Snow?

clallen03
03-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Im not sure if you'll care but its really snowing in ATL. This hasn't happened in about maybe 6 years (someone correct me if Im wrong). We have gotten snow but not like this and its still coming down.

This got me to think about my Round 1 app we just sprayed. Im sure many of you'll are from areas that get snow a lot so I wanted to ask how does heavy snow effect your weed control applications?

Thanks

This is a snap shot out of my window. My neighbor just pull up from the store. Otherwise the care would have more snow on it.

LawnTamer
03-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Your apps will be fine, unless they were just done. We have snow as a real possibility here through May. Happens all the time, you may see a little slower action on your 3-way herbicide, but so long as temps were warm enough on the day of application, you'll be fine.

RAlmaroad
03-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Corey: It's a great time to sow fescue grass seed!!! Be Positive--you'll be fine. My son was going to school there about 4 years ago during an ice storm--it was colder there than any day we had in TN. Snow is good for the lake also. Roy

mngrassguy
03-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Mother Nature's natural weed control. Your customers will never know if it was your app or the frost.

Did you fert at the same time? Nothing better than "slow release" irrigation to activate that fert.

It's a good thing it happened on a Sunday. It should be all gone before rush hour tomorrow. ATL drivers don't have a clue how to drive in that stuff.

cod8825
03-02-2009, 12:37 AM
MN its not just Atlanta drivers. We received between 4 to 6" in Kansas City here Saturday and I never so many wrecks in my entire life.

mngrassguy
03-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Even Mn drivers "forget" when we don't get snow for over a couple of weeks. Watching the weather just now, it looks like ATL is still getting pounded. As long as it's gone by next Sunday for the NASCAR race.