PDA

View Full Version : Flyers for cleanups, aerations, etc.?

JohnnyCuts
03-02-2009, 05:56 PM
I've used flyers with good success for seasonal work like mowing and snow removal and have been tossing around using them this spring for cleanups, aerations, mulch installs etc.

My concern is using them for one time lower paying jobs. Say I hire 3 kids w/ bikes to help distribute. I pay them $10/hr and we are able to pass out 4000 flyers in two days. I get 40 calls and close 1/2 of them.

Say I get 12 aerations @ $75, 5 cleanups @ $300 apiece, and a couple mulch installs that net $6-700. That looks like maybe $2000 net for work minus about $450 to pay the kids.

That's starting to look like $20/hr when its all said and done. Perhaps the biggest benefit is turning these folks into long term customers.

Anyway just wanted some feedback from some of you folks that might have done this in the past and how you feel it worked out.

modedicebox
03-03-2009, 09:17 PM
We did "fall services" flyers last season. It worked out pretty well. I paid a buddy to hand out close to 3000 flyers, he did this in about 40hrs. In return we landed about 30 jobs. Net was around 7000. We put out about 700 for advertisement. I don't know how many long term customers will sign on yet. Sending letters out toward the end of the week.