PDA

View Full Version : Mosaic stones off the patio I did last year, plus a Palm Island

PAR Lawn
03-02-2009, 10:51 PM
I de-thatched this customer's lawn getting it ready for the summer and these are the stones I laid down for him around his patio last year. After I laid these stones and put in that little Palm Island, boardered it with that black plastic edging and planted the anuals. After that he hired us to do the lawn maintenance. This year he wanted the lawn in back de-thatched and for me to till out all the grass out from around the pool and lay those other stones I posted pictures of. Also tearing out all of the ivy on the walls. Big job there.

Lucky Star Lawn Care
03-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Not a fan of the black edge stuff....this guy sure is keeping you busy!Thumbs Up

kl680
03-03-2009, 10:12 AM
You need to learn to tighten up your spacing. I looked at the last post and wasn't going to say anything, but each post IMO shows the same mistakes.

tamadrummer
03-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Decent stuff but if you are in charge of the maintenance then why are you not edging? Do they want the grass growing over the stone?

Also that Robilini is begging for a trim right about now..... (Pygmy Canary Island Date Palm.)

Lucky Star Lawn Care
03-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Yeah I can see that grass growing crazy into the rock area. I agree with the spacing but from what it seems his customer has things set the way he wants them and thats it...

billslawn89
03-03-2009, 01:21 PM
ya nice job on this one also! but, i agree with the black plastic edging....junk...just use a stick edger around the palm island and along the stones. will look neat and clean! keep up the good work man!

PAR Lawn
03-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks everyone. These pictures were taken right after I de-thatched and cleaned up the grass. It's starting to grow in now, but as far as the grass growing over, I trimmed all that back and also around the palm. Yea, I know that black plactic is a cheap way to go, but that's what the customer picked out of 5 different choices I gave him, same with the stone layout, he said that he wanted a 2"- 2 1/2" space between each stone and after I finished it, he couldn't stand still....he loved it, that's why he wanted me to do the same around the pool.
I say, if the customer knows what he wants and is paying, he can have it any way he wants it. He just asked me today if I quote his to re-do his sprinkler system before the summer. Gotta love this business!!

CALandscapes
03-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Also that Robilini is begging for a trim right about now..... (Pygmy Canary Island Date Palm.)

You mean Phoenix Roebellini Palm? (Also known as Pygmy Island Date Palm)