PDA

View Full Version : aquascapes <--- anyone used this product?

smartin650
03-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Hello everyone,

I am looking into adding the installation of waterfalls and landscape ponds, I have been watching dvd videos about the installation and products from this company. Just wondering if there a good company with a great product? Any other ideas or do's or don'ts? Any help would be great.
Thanks
Seth

LiteEmUp
03-03-2009, 12:31 PM
although it is important to choose a high quality product when building waterfeatures it is most important to pay attention to design. look to nature for your answers. use LARGE stone to create a more natural effect. height does not create beauty...nature does. make sure all artificial components are disguised. there are many quality products on the market but it is really about the support you will receive from your distributor and factory reps. make sure to ask a lot of questions and see if your distributor and reps are willing to help you on an install...that will tell you a lot about both companies. personally i have had success with aquascapes back in the day, failure with several other companies, however i prefer SAVIO.

just pondering
03-03-2009, 01:48 PM
I agree with LiteEmUp on looking to mother nature, We are now installing the PondBuilder line and have been very happy with the system.the system has no more bulk head fittings, all spun weld fittings for piping,ss self tapping screws and a great landscape lid for the top of the biofalls so you can hide the biofalls better.check them out at www.pondbuilder.com hope this helps.

Jeff

Pondering Waters

smartin650
03-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Thanks for your information.. I have looked at both websites and will be getting some info from those companys.

Seth

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
03-04-2009, 12:06 PM
I have to give Aquascapes cerdit for my pond building experience. I try to mimick thier builds and mother natures water scapes. I use thier products when the budget allows and if the budget is a little slow than I use other companies accordingly. Try to use all the companies that are in your area so you are familiar with them. I say this because if you get on a stone suppliers referral list they might only use one company like Atlantic, Savio, ADI (Aquascapes) Pond builder, Easy Pro etc. I agree with every statement above and the most important thing is to have fun and definately think outside of the box! And one more thing don't be afraid to fabricate your own stuff after you get your feet wet.