PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! need help finding an 11ft dump bed

O'BrienLawn&Landscape
03-03-2009, 02:09 PM
about two weeks ago our dump bed took a crap on us and is basically a hunk of scrap now. I have a 99 F-450 that i need to put a bed on ASAP. The pump is still good and the frame on the truck is still good but i need everything else. The last bed was an 11ft, 9 ton with a 34" frame. I tried ebay and nothing. All local truck places want 7 grand installed. If you guys know of any places i can get one fairly reasonable pleeasseee help. Its about to be time to use it for spring clean ups. Thank you if you can help!

BlackDog3
03-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Too bad your not closer to where i live. I got a 9 foot bed from E.M Kutz for about 550 bucks. That is what is on my dump truck right now. It maybe worth the ride to save a bunch of money.

http://www.emkutz.com/index.html

Chris

Gravel Rat
03-03-2009, 03:13 PM
For 7 grand thats pretty d*mn cheap it was 10 grand here for a 11 foot fold down side bed that wasn't installed.

You cheapest option is a dumping flatdeck.

BlackDog3
03-03-2009, 03:25 PM
I forgot to put a picture in from before. Here is my truck. It pretty much is a dumping flat bed. It does have steel floors. A friend added the sides before i bought the truck. Did you try to look on craigslist? Just buy a whole truck with the bed you want and transfer it over to yours and junk the rest of the truck your bought.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj119/Blackdog3/Trucks/DSC01403.jpg?t=1236108160

stuvecorp
03-04-2009, 03:26 PM
There hasn't been to many deals on small dump boxes, I want a new one also and they are not giving them away now. I know Crysteel has some they try to sell at some discount but don't know how bad shipping from Minn./St Paul to you would be. Check them out and keep trying some of the body upfitters close by.

O'BrienLawn&Landscape
03-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Thank you all for all the help, i really appreciate it. I actually found a guy out of Indiana who fabricates beds. It costs $2600 for the bed and then $1400 for the hoist system. So i figure after paint and installation i will have almost 6k in it which is not tooo bad. Thank you all who have tried to help, i really appreciate itl Good luck this mowing season!