PDA

View Full Version : Keeping paperwork organized? HOW?

J-Mass-Ind
03-03-2009, 03:07 PM
How do you prefer to keep your paperwork organized?

1. Customer lists\Routing\notes
2. Receipts
3. Invoices: Payable\Receivable

Does anyone use a laptop in there truck? Anyone gone paperless?

J-Mass Industries

AI Inc
03-03-2009, 03:12 PM
eliminate what ya can , deal with the rest on a daily basis.

Drew Gemma
03-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Quickbooks
Microsoft Excel
and piles on my desk which make my wife want to kill me

When that happens I usually stop and sort through them. I use a 4 drawer cabinet with catagorized folders and monthly folders depending on what it is.

billslawn89
03-03-2009, 05:35 PM
quicken for invoices
microsoft works to keep track of my clients for that day

i do paperwork every day after getting home. if i don't do it that day, then i will forget, especially after having a couple cold ones! :drinkup:

bohiaa
03-04-2009, 08:27 AM
I throw everything at me CPA, She SCREAMS when I show up with a stack of recipts,

I just love hearing her scream.

browningv308
03-04-2009, 05:25 PM
keep a daily to do list containing the addresses than need service make the bills the night before on your computer then drop the in the mail box after you mow as far as the receipts keep a large envelope in the truck as you buy something put the receipt in the envelope at the end of the month write down what month it was and put it in the pile of stuff for the tax guy you can even add up the amounts of all the receipts and keep track of what your spending i have been doing this for my heating and air business ans my landscaping business for several years now and it works pretty good

Grits
03-04-2009, 07:12 PM
I have daily route sheets, Quickbooks, and a file cabinet. Paperwork sucks, I hate it.

lhk2
03-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Quickbooks
Microsoft Excel
and piles on my desk which make my wife want to kill me

When that happens I usually stop and sort through them. I use a 4 drawer cabinet with catagorized folders and monthly folders depending on what it is.

I second that. If my wife cleans my desk I can't find a thing. There's no easy way to do it. We just hired a office manager, seems to be easier with the paper work and phone calls, and daily billing and filing.

lawnprosteveo
03-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Gopher software for routing, scheduling, invoices, accounts receivable...

ExtExc
03-05-2009, 09:21 PM
my better half will be helping me this summer thank god. i will try to have her help me in the field when possible, and more so keeping organized in quickbooks and with paperwork. i also will be working out of my truck with quickbooks online.

Drew Gemma
03-05-2009, 09:46 PM
i wouldn't dare let my wife touch my paper work:dizzy:

EagleGrounds
03-06-2009, 10:16 AM
I keep a laptop in my truck, but i like to make hard copy back up every once and awhile, which i keeped in a locked filing frawer under my desk:weightlifter:

ExtExc
03-15-2009, 11:41 PM
whats a filing frawer? :)

vinny69
03-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Only use a credit card for company expences,that way if you lose a reciept or two you still have your statement.remember if you dont have a reciept or at least a statement for your purchases you can still claim it but if the gov. says its audit time your SCREWED.BIN THERE DONE THAT

AboveTheCut
03-20-2009, 10:54 AM
i use lawn pro mostly. i had good luck with it last year. i like its scheduling and marking jobs complete, etc. the invoice dont look as nice as some of the others but work well. it gives you the ability to save invoices in .pdf which i actually email most of my customers. i really like the electronic record. i also tried out and pay for an online service "landscape management". i signed up early so locked in on the monthly fee of $2.99/mo. everything is done online and the invoices are nice. i dont really like the scheduling part of this one though but you can email them and request changes and they get back to you. they are improving all the time. pm me if you have specific questions and i will do my best to answer. good luck.