PDA

View Full Version : cutnturf

cutnturf
03-03-2009, 06:44 PM
My best friend and i started cutnturf a lawn mowing, trimming, cleanup, etc. business. We have been friends for 3 years now and have never had a fight or conflict. My history. I live on a farm with 9 horses and chickens, i worked with a guy who farmed 400 acres of hay, corn, wheat, soybeans and learned mechanics and farm knowledge. My best friends history. He is a hot rod guy that has tons of mechanical knowledge. We first thought of doing a lawn bussiness two years ago but never went through with it until this winter. We found a gravely pro 150 50" wb for cheap in awesome condition. Found a sulky for $25 which was a steal! We bought a homelite curved shaft weed whip for $12 and picked a straight shaft weed whip out of the garbage whit all it needed was a spool. We also got a walk behind edger for free. My friend has a 97 Tahoe to pull my 5 by 10 trailer.

MileHigh
03-03-2009, 07:49 PM
no bashing intended.

but damn...clean your mowers...IT'S THE OFF SEASON!

I'm sure they still make the bread though.

nice pics.

cutnturf
03-03-2009, 07:59 PM
we just got the mower and its 27 degrees in michigan and i didnt wanna powerwash the equipment then have it freeze to all the belts and such

South Florida Lawns
03-03-2009, 08:13 PM
good luck! One question though, where's the blower?

cutnturf
03-03-2009, 08:27 PM
we are still trying to find one that is a resonable deal, all the ones around me have been 30 dollars over priced and can not talk them down.

NIXRAY
03-03-2009, 08:34 PM
we are still trying to find one that is a resonable deal, all the ones around me have been 30 dollars over priced and can not talk them down.

Hey I understand you are in the need of a blower??
PM or e-mail me at ngramer(at)yahoo.com with your equipment needs and budget I've got numerous units in stock and can get just about anything within a reasonable amount of time thanks and good luck with your new company.
Nick
G~Force Small Engine
*Coming soon 24/7 mobile service* :weightlifter:
ngramer@yahoo.com

Kennedy Landscaping
03-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Good luck with your quest. Looks like you will be off to a good start.

IntegrityGuy
03-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Best of luck two both of you guys. This is basically how me and my buddy started out last year and now we are doing really well. You wont know what to do with all the money you will be earning. Just make sure you can be reliable.

grassman177
03-03-2009, 11:14 PM
that is how many get started, good luck and be smart cause it is tough to make it far in any self venture without strong relsolve

Lucky Star Lawn Care
03-04-2009, 01:13 AM
Good luck to you guys...but be prepared to start bit##n at each other to..lol

Holleys Landscaping
03-04-2009, 01:20 AM
Everyones got to start somewhere right. I started just like that, and finally have the money to get a new exmark and some other new equip. just save all your money for better equipment.

2brothersyardcare
03-04-2009, 07:01 AM
i like gravely, but i hate that curve shaft, but good start. good luck this season

IntegrityGuy
03-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Good luck to you guys...but be prepared to start bit##n at each other to..lol

Thats not true. I have never bitched out my buddy, but we have had to discuss alot of issues that we do not agree upon. We are both really smart in industry related problems that occur and we both know how to do them but sometimes we both just have different ways and eaither way will work but we need to agree upon one way. Usually one of us gives in and doesnt care enough to have their way.

flatlander42
03-04-2009, 02:04 PM
One of my best friends and I became roomates in our first year of college......your good friends till your with them every day. Began to *hate* him rather fast, and by the end of the first semester we had switched roomates. After we didn't live together anymore, we were back to normal.

At least your only working with your bud.

Good luck
Nathan

IntegrityGuy
03-04-2009, 02:25 PM
ya well me and him are friends, but our friends are not friends. So i guess were not always hanging out so that might be why it has worked out good. Me and my buddy also have a group of friends that we both are friends with. Sort of confusing but it works.