PDA

View Full Version : MCadoo, PA

PMASON718
03-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Who has been here to pick up a trailer from Haulmark? What is the town like and is there anything that I should be aware of before picking my trailer up? Did you guys have plates when you picked up your trailer of did you just tow it back home without them. I'm also thinking about staying in a hotel over night but in Hazleton. I ordered a Transport DLX 6x12 V-Nose in BrandyWine. I paid $3500 for everything plus there offering a $150 rebate so that makes this trailer $3350. I thought this was a great price. The base price for the trailer was $2625 with a $150 rebate without all these options. I can't wait to see what it looks like in BrandyWine. Cathy from Hill Equipment was a great person to deal with.

Options I added

Electric Brakes
E-Track from the front to the back of the track on both sides on the lower walls
Torsion Suspension
Flush Lock
Roof Vent
Side Vent
Ramp Door
Tire & Tow pkg (Spare tire, Spare tire mount & 4 D-rings)
Side Door
15" Wheels *
2 12 Volt lights & @ Wall switches (one besides the side door and 1 at the rear near the ramp door.
Rear Stablizer jacks *

I'm going to do my own LEDS, this way I have a choice on how many Diodes I want the taillights to have and paint the floor with Herculiner. Has anyone used Herculiner?

Petr51488
03-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Who has been here to pick up a trailer from Haulmark? What is the town like and is there anything that I should be aware of before picking my trailer up? Did you guys have plates when you picked up your trailer of did you just tow it back home without them. I'm also thinking about staying in a hotel over night but in Hazleton. I ordered a Transport DLX 6x12 V-Nose in BrandyWine. I paid $3500 for everything plus there offering a $150 rebate so that makes this trailer $3350. I thought this was a great price. The base price for the trailer was $2625 with a $150 rebate without all these options. I can't wait to see what it looks like in BrandyWine. Cathy from Hill Equipment was a great person to deal with.

Thats where i picked up my trailer. Its a quiet town really in the middle of no where lol I don't think theres a need to spend the night as its only about 3 hours away. They DO NOT (atleast not for me) give temp plates. You don't even get the title. Make sure you have all your paperwork and call them for the hours of pickup. I went and i made it within 10-15 minutes of their pickup hours. I had no idea when they closed. I got lucky that they were open because i would have been pretty pissed driving for 3 hours, and making my dad take off from work to get me there. Also make sure you have a 7pin plug. Oh, and i noticed you bought it off ebay about week ago. I had to wait a few months for them to make mine.

PMASON718
03-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Thats where i picked up my trailer. Its a quiet town really in the middle of no where lol I don't think theres a need to spend the night as its only about 3 hours away. They DO NOT (atleast not for me) give temp plates. You don't even get the title. Make sure you have all your paperwork and call them for the hours of pickup. I went and i made it within 10-15 minutes of their pickup hours. I had no idea when they closed. I got lucky that they were open because i would have been pretty pissed driving for 3 hours, and making my dad take off from work to get me there. Also make sure you have a 7pin plug. Oh, and i noticed you bought it off ebay about week ago. I had to wait a few months for them to make mine.

Pickup hours are M-F 8 to 2:30 pm and this is why I rather spend the night in a hotel in Hazleton, wake up Friday morning and start heading back towards NYC. I don't want to get up Friday morning around 5am and drive to Mcadoo just to turn around. I plan to leave Thursday night after work and get there around 10pm, wake up and pick up the trailer. I'm going to try and have my official plates ready b4 I go. If your trailer is paid for in full Cathy will be able to mail you the paper work a week or so b4 the trailer is done (this is what she explained to me). Also the trailer is suppose to be done in 4 to 6 weeks. Was the factory big or small and how was the people.

Petr51488
03-04-2009, 01:20 AM
From what i remember its pretty big and the people were nice. Its spread out over the property. They have an office area i think and the factory itself. I never drove around there to check things out. It was more of a wheres my trailer and lets get home type thing

PMASON718
03-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks alot. Where did you drive from

PMASON718
03-04-2009, 04:00 PM
How is your Haulmark holding up and what do you think about it?

Petr51488
03-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Holding up great. I drove from the giants stadium area. Not too far from you. The only issue i had with my trailer was the electric brake wire by the axle. It would get cought in the springs and rip it. They solved it by giving me more slack and looping it up. Havn't had a problem since.

PMASON718
03-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Holding up great. I drove from the giants stadium area. Not too far from you. The only issue i had with my trailer was the electric brake wire by the axle. It would get cought in the springs and rip it. They solved it by giving me more slack and looping it up. Havn't had a problem since.

Is this something that I should look at b4 leaving the factory. If so where should I look.

Petr51488
03-04-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm sure it doesnt happen to all of them. I noticed a year or two down the road.

PMASON718
03-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks. I opted for the torsion suspension vs the leaf springs, I hope I made the right decision

lawnman757
03-08-2009, 11:19 AM
PMASON718, Curious to if you have the contact information for Cathy as I am looking for a new enclsoed trailer and have had no luck on ebay. Thanks

Rich

PMASON718
03-08-2009, 11:36 AM
her number is 740-262-0404. You can tell her that I recommended her to you, lol.

Johnson LCO
03-11-2009, 11:03 PM
I was going to buy an enclosed last year but decided this year would be better. I called the number you gave for hill's and it seems the prices have gone up significantly from last year. The trailer last year was 4200, now is 4650. Also for some reason the v-nose is cheaper by 200. The woman I talked to had no idea what she was talking about and had to call me back with info. I was very disappointed and may just go buy from the local Wells Cargo dealer even if it costs an extra $500. I may be willing to pay 4400 for the trailer but I am not sure if the prices are negotiable. Any one know?? Also if anyone knows a brand that sells a 20 or 18 foot that does not cost over 1k more than the 16 foot model let me know. Thanks

PMASON718
03-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Did you speak to Cathy? I did a lot of research myself b4 calling and when I did call I had a lot of questions. I also called the Haulmark factory direct b/c I felt they could help me better. Give them a call 570-929-3761. Let them know you have some questions b4 purchasing. Let me know how it goes. Believe it or not I think her office sells the most trailers for Haulmark.