PDA

View Full Version : New to site

FLCthes4:11-12
03-03-2009, 07:52 PM
I started my business while in college picking up small installation jobs from the nursery that i worked at (they do not do installs). I started with a pick, shovel, rake and wheel barrow. And was amazed at how much i could do and make with just that and a borrowed tiller. That grew until the nursery job became too much and I was just going to school and landscaping. While other kids were buying new cars and expensive toys. I bought a new holland 33 hp tractor. Business got slow. I went to work for another company for 2 years as installation manager and learned alot. Wife got pregnate so I quit my full time job (:dizzy:) moved back to her home town and started full time with business. Today we are still small just one F250, couple of trailers, NH LS180 skid steer,several attachments, bunch of hand tools. Sorry for the lengthy post. I haven't thought about where i have come from lately.

DLAWNS
03-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the site. Good luck in '09.

J & D Greens
03-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Welcome to the site. I feel for you. Starting from scratch would be tough in this economy. Hope you are blessed with as much work as you can handle and you have a healthy baby. You hang in there if the going gets tough. I would also find some kind of out-let that allows you to free yourself up, like fishing, or biking or what is now my favorite thing to do Golf. Shoot straight with everyone and things will go good for you. Take care David