PDA

View Full Version : business card

rrev75
03-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Here is the card I came up with. My son, who is 6, is a part of alot of things that I do. I do some custom paint stuff on the side and long story short, he ended up being the name. So that's why the logo that is there. Let me know what you think. Thanks

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee260/littlemancustompaint/LawnMowingcard.jpg

DynaMow
03-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Randy I like the theme. I like the dad and son characters.

Lose the leave the message thing
Randy Revis Owner/Operator
Lose the listing of services, maybe put full service lawn property care, or something to that extent, dont turn them away in their own mind
The Little Man title is to big

not sure I like the color either

Runner
03-04-2009, 12:26 AM
I agree with all of the above. Don't make the front a resume. you want to list services? Do it on the back. It is so cheap, because you're already having them printed. Darken the greens. this looks like it was done while you were playing with MS paint, or something. the messgae thing stands, too...not necessary. Also, make DARNED sure you are licensed before you go putting hat stuff on your business cards. In Michigan,...you can actually be fined for that. Oh,...one other thing...never use the word "yard". You can use lawn, turf, landscape, property,...ANYthing but "yard".

grasschopperofchicago
03-04-2009, 12:44 AM
I agree with the two above....eliminate the leave message, make that bottom right corner something like

Randy Revis
Owner/Operator
239-xxx-xxxx

make the little man smaller, and change the green to more of a hunter and elminate the Ala Carte descriptions under Lawn Service...maybe something like
LITTLE MAN
lawn services as you have it but smaller and in that void maybe something like...
Dependable Quality Service

rockymtnmf
03-04-2009, 12:53 AM
I agree with everything, especially the "message" thing. Call for pricing isn't needed either, I would assume, that if they want the service they will call you for a price.

The biggest problem is your logo text, and the silhouette of the fater and son. They are low res images that your enlarged, and that is why you have the jagged edges, and make the card VERY un-professional looking. The "small guy" fell is OK, but there is a point where you still need to have professionalism.

Just my 2 cents

rrev75
03-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the help guys.

jhastrello
03-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Take a look at Vista Printing. Not only can you do quite a bit with their business card design on-line, they make top quality cards at a great price. You can get 'proofs' if you want also.

I like the 'theme', and do agree with most recommendations above. The other thing I would add is this: make sure that your card looks PROFESSIONAL, when printed.

My card is full 4 color printing, glossy, and carries a very straight forward message.

Nice job to start with.

grasschopperofchicago
03-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Take a look at Vista Printing. Not only can you do quite a bit with their business card design on-line, they make top quality cards at a great price. You can get 'proofs' if you want also.

I like the 'theme', and do agree with most recommendations above. The other thing I would add is this: make sure that your card looks PROFESSIONAL, when printed.

My card is full 4 color printing, glossy, and carries a very straight forward message.

Nice job to start with.

Yeah I agree here, Vista Print does good quick work at a decent price and you can actually call them to look at your design for pointers...pretty much everything I get is from them...

rrev75
03-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks again guys. I put the services on there because most of the people around here seem like if you don't tell them up front what you can do, they don't ask. I see your points though. I just printed a few for now but all your ideas are right on the money. I just do this part time along with autobody full time so the message part was cause I can't always hear my phone.

Grits
03-04-2009, 08:18 PM
I like the idea.....BUT...you should have it professionally done. Keith at KBK Graphx can hook you up. You can send him your version and he will make it look amazing. PM me if you want his contact info.

DLAWNS
03-05-2009, 10:13 PM
I think you have a great start. I would take some of the advice that you have been given and tweak it a bit and see what ya come up with.