PDA

View Full Version : RB Easy Rain has been discontinued

Stuttering Stan
03-03-2009, 11:12 PM
I was surfing the RB site and my jaw dropped when I saw this:

http://store.rainbird.com/shopexd.asp?id=1202

Easy Rain timer is being discontinued. I call this my Friday friend. If I get a late call that involves wire hunting, I would throw this on the valve and come back the next week. Also very useful in temporary solutions when wire hasn't been stretched to a valve. Going to miss this one, it's been a great tool.

DanaMac
03-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Never used it. But you can get the Hunter version and the DV latching solenoid that adapts to the DV valve.

bobw
03-04-2009, 03:18 AM
God I hate those POS's. I do have a dozen or so installed out in the field where we have no electrical, so I have learned to live with them...but I sure hate em.

Waterit
03-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Going to miss this one, it's been a great tool.

I bet there are still plenty in the pipeline. I was thinking about tossing the 1/2 dozen or so I have laying around, guess I'll hang onto them now.

They are great for the reasons you give, but what a PITA if you have more than one to set!

Mike Leary
03-04-2009, 09:41 AM
They are damn handy for establishment or to get the system running before all the wiring is done. Oddly enough, we've had good luck with the Nelson version. Takes a adapter for W*M valves. Expect them to last a season.

DanaMac
03-04-2009, 10:12 AM
I have one place that has five entrances to a certain neighborhood. No electricity at any of them. Approximately 20-25 of the Hunter SVCs. Pretty crappy system all around. Water is supplied from the golf course. And the zones are all stretched.

HokieAg07
03-04-2009, 08:21 PM
I use Hunter SVCs all the time in all flavors too, 1,2, and 4 station models. They are a pain to program when you have a 4 station but when you cant get wire to a valve theres no better way to get stuff working

mitchgo
03-04-2009, 11:53 PM
we stock one hunter svc.

We service a lot of clients with them in..
Though if I was working and a client wanted to extend a zone I wouldn't ever consider using it.

I think it's a lazy and cheap way of extending something.
I realize there are some circumstances. But if you have to get the main line over there to install the valve. Then you can sure get wire over there.

Bigred350
03-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Yea they sucked anyway. The hunter ones are easier to set.