PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys like my website?? I can also help you guys as well

soloscaperman
03-04-2009, 04:18 AM
Everything was did by hand and resizing ughhhhhh

Green-Lineandscaping.com (http://green-linelandscaping.com)

Just did the credit card thing. Does anyone want to donate to see if it goes through??? ;-)

soloscaperman
03-04-2009, 06:31 AM
Or the widescreen users...

LouisianaLawnboy
03-04-2009, 09:20 AM
When people are paying their bill, they don't want to donate. Change that and put Pay Now.

soloscaperman
03-04-2009, 10:31 AM
I know, I'm trying to change it

Frue
03-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Well I think you have to many pictures on the front page. To much going on there and your page has 27 errors and 3 warrings here is the link to check for yourself just copy and paste it

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fgreen-linelandscaping.com%2F&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0

bonerigo.1
03-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Your testimonials link is awful. I really think that every one of those is fake. I suggest that you remove the link until you can either spell correctly or get actual testimonials.

JDUtah
03-04-2009, 02:09 PM
change your page titles too

kootoomootoo
03-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Welcome to Green-Line Landscaping's official website.

I'd hate to see the "unofficial" website.
friggin terrible.

Looks like you were busy stealing other peoples website code and pics ...while you weren't writing your own misspelled testimonials lol.

Precedence
03-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Go to http://www.oswd.org/ or http://www.openwebdesign.org/ and get a website template, then add your own content. Plug all your content into Microsoft Word then use grammar and spell check, it should become your new best friend.

Most of the templates from those 2 sites are CSS and XHTML strict compliant so they should display properly in all browsers, then test your site after it's done in IE 6 & 7 and the latest version of FireFox, this covers around 90% of the browsers out there.

Good Luck.

DUSTYCEDAR
03-04-2009, 05:29 PM
CALM DOWN they r just telling you how they see it
you asked and got some feed back
take the good out of it and move on

Scagmower48
03-04-2009, 06:36 PM
when did you take the pesticide test in CT. I took mine yesterday and I am waiting for the results.

Elite Outdoor
03-04-2009, 07:03 PM
You need a phone # on there where people can reach you at. Even though people are checking you via the internet some will prefer to call you personally. Make it as easy as possible.

big acres
03-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, there are no palm trees in CT. I would lose that one, plus the icesickle and replace with some basic pictures of your actual customers lawns. These look like you ripped them off from some photo art site. Just my .02

soloscaperman
03-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Well duh, those pics on my main page were takin because its the pics of nature. One for summer, winter, spring, and fall

big acres
03-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Well duh, those pics on my main page were takin because its the pics of nature. One for summer, winter, spring, and fall

Duh??? Well than post a picture of summer in CT, not Hawaii. And don't ask others opinions if you do not want critical feedback. If I was considering you as a vendor and I pulled up your site, I would question why you don't show YOUR work on the homepage... just some free art you ripped off the net.

Kiril
03-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Site needs alot of work IMO.

Turboguy
03-13-2009, 08:04 AM
When you put a lot of thought and work into something I am sure it becomes personal and harsh comments can be a bit painful. I don't think anyone meant their comments as hurtful. You asked for comments, suggestions and advice and they tried to supply those.

The two photos people seem to not like are the palm trees and ice cycles. They are very beautiful and striking photos and do lend some beauty to your site. However they just don't look like CT. I too haven't seen palm trees in CT and the mountains behind the ice cycles don't look CT either. When you can try to find beautiful seasonal photos that do look like CT and your site will appeal to homeowners in Ct even better.

The services photos on the left are really good in a lot of ways. I do think your site would look a little cleaner if you moved them below your main photo block. It is just not quite as balanced as it should be the way you have it.

You have a lot of good things on your site and I am sure it is going to turn out great and do well for your business.

soloscaperman
03-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Why thank you. Your right I was thinking about putting the stuff in the bottom so it doesn't look crammed. This is my first website I ever started and its gonna take time.

hustler king
03-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Your testimonials link is awful. I really think that every one of those is fake. I suggest that you remove the link until you can either spell correctly or get actual testimonials.

Man, you guys are rough. LOL

Turboguy
03-14-2009, 12:30 PM
I think most of the guys mean well but they can come of that way that is for sure.

Chilehead
03-14-2009, 01:56 PM
From a design standpoint, it looks jarbled. Upon first glance, my eyes were skittering all over the screen just to make sense of it all. The homepage is VERY asymmetrical. Try repositioning the group of services on the right to the center, and then move the different product/information links to an equally-spaced area at the bottom. Keep your company logo/header at the top. Just trying to help, not offend.

LouisianaLawnboy
03-23-2009, 02:25 AM
When you put a lot of thought and work into something I am sure it becomes personal and harsh comments can be a bit painful. I don't think anyone meant their comments as hurtful. You asked for comments, suggestions and advice and they tried to supply those.

The two photos people seem to not like are the palm trees and ice cycles. They are very beautiful and striking photos and do lend some beauty to your site. However they just don't look like CT. I too haven't seen palm trees in CT and the mountains behind the ice cycles don't look CT either. When you can try to find beautiful seasonal photos that do look like CT and your site will appeal to homeowners in Ct even better.

The services photos on the left are really good in a lot of ways. I do think your site would look a little cleaner if you moved them below your main photo block. It is just not quite as balanced as it should be the way you have it.

You have a lot of good things on your site and I am sure it is going to turn out great and do well for your business.

Sounds like you have children:D:D:D:D

03-23-2009, 03:29 AM
The testimonials page looks completely fake. I read those and think "this is so made up, I cant even trust this guy"

Just telling you what me, and joe homeowner are gonna think reading those.

03-23-2009, 03:31 AM
You dont sound like a Demetre to me either.

keepoffthegrass
03-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Well I think you have to many pictures on the front page. To much going on there and your page has 27 errors and 3 warrings here is the link to check for yourself just copy and paste it

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fgreen-linelandscaping.com%2F&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0

HAHA

check google.com on that site..

75 errors 11 warnings... i think your website guy sold you on that program

Isobel
03-25-2009, 01:04 AM
A few things:
1. Your testimonials page, even if the quotes are taken from actual emails, go through and correct grammar and spelling even if they misspelled. Misspellings don't need to make it to your site.

2. the pages that you link to, such as Customer Lawns, you should have the linked page resemble the home page in someway. What I see is a white page, with some type and a few pictures. There's nothing on the page that would make me think this is part of the home page. The point is, make your pages similar looking, put your logo and a phone number up top at least, and always put a link back to the home page.

3. Why do you link ppl to different site, Roses, Flowers, Weeds, Ponds? You want people to stay on your page.

4. Get a proper logo, nothing in your current logo makes me think you have any design experience.

trey_bernhardt
03-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Green Lawn how does your website come up in a google or yahoo search?
Unless a website comes up in the 1st couple pages in a search engine, forget it. If you come up on page 27 or 254 you are not being seen.

Does your website come up if you put in your company name? Many do not come up. Lot's of folks pay good money for useless websites.

I use the internet but I trained to market vehicles on the inter as I worked for GM Fleet Sales doing their marketing. I truned this internet knowledge to better my lawn company after I left GM.

I will help any lawn company turn their website around for cheap.........

Trey

soloscaperman
03-28-2009, 02:33 PM
I don't want my service on a search engine it's just a portal for my customers or local people that may have an interest in my service. I still gotta change my payment thing from "donate" to "pay here"

tonyGub
03-29-2009, 02:05 AM
The testimonials page looks completely fake. I read those and think "this is so made up, I cant even trust this guy"

Just telling you what me, and joe homeowner are gonna think reading those.

I agree with that.

03-29-2009, 02:53 PM
I don't want my service on a search engine it's just a portal for my customers or local people that may have an interest in my service. I still gotta change my payment thing from "donate" to "pay here"

How are the local ppl gonna find you if it doesn't show up on a search engine? It doesnt cost any money to get it showing up on google.

mdvaden
03-30-2009, 12:03 AM
HAHA

check google.com on that site..

75 errors 11 warnings... i think your website guy sold you on that program

I've checked out that validator on a bunch of sites before, and found what it shows to be at least 60% invalid itself in regards to the relevance of the errors. Some of it is trivial stuff that does not matter much. It's a handly tool though. But an iirrelevant or inconsequential error is still inconsequential. I don't think he would really care about that aspect anyway.

Green Lawn how does your website come up in a google or yahoo search?
Unless a website comes up in the 1st couple pages in a search engine, forget it. If you come up on page 27 or 254 you are not being seen.

Some people are not concerned about that.

In fact, if I were going to start from scratch today, that would be at the bottom of my list. No need to omit it - but it would not be the top priority. I think what he wants the site for is understandable.

One more comment though ...

I'll pass on the offer for help that was added in the opening post's description. The site would need quite a bit of change before I'd be looking there for ideas or assistance.

The big black "T" is original looking though.

Grandview
03-31-2009, 08:06 AM
Man, you guys are rough. LOL

True friends tell it like it is. I was at a website marketing class. The guy said you have 8 seconds to leave the impression that you can do what he wants done. The first page has to be good and uncluttered. Phone numbers on every page. 4-5 pages is all you need.

Grandview
03-31-2009, 08:10 AM
It looks like you did yourself. For 800.00 you can have a good site made.

AI Inc
03-31-2009, 08:17 AM
If it was me I would put the area you work in right on the front page. Then people would know if they can even do buss with you without having to search.