PDA

View Full Version : Gov contract.

meicher806
03-04-2009, 10:37 AM
I recived a email last night requesting a bid for bed maint. on some city medians. I have reviewed all their terms/conditions ect. it is definatly something that our copany can handle, im just wondering how you guys would bid out a job such as this, they do not say if they want things done weekly, bi-weekly,monthly. Also I know what all my costs are so dont confuse this with im asking what to charge. but for any guys that have bid gov jobs before knowing that they are going with the cheapest bid do you cut your profit margins to get the work knowing that you are going to be seen all over town doing work for the city?

Kate Butler
03-04-2009, 08:02 PM
the increased paperwork costs? If it's a government job, there will be additional layers of paperwork and the necessity for corresponding CYA backup. ie. documentation of paying more than minimum wage, what are you paying in incentives (bonus', overtime, etc ..) The list goes on and on.

meicher806
03-04-2009, 09:29 PM
yes i did after i posted origanilly. there aint much left over :hammerhead: im thinking of raising my price now to turn a better profit if i get it.:laugh:

Groomer
03-04-2009, 10:12 PM
I would say by mid 09 there will either be government only jobs, or no government jobs.

IntegrityGuy
03-04-2009, 10:30 PM
I would charge them 1,000,000$ just because its the government.

meicher806
03-04-2009, 10:42 PM
I would say by mid 09 there will either be government only jobs, or no government jobs.

if that holds true we are all in a world of trouble!! i think i may just better off collecting ssi some days........ ohhhhhhhhhhhhh wait thats government run to.... maybe ill just start farming that way i can at least feed my kids, wife and self. wait..... if i start farming i need to buy more equipment OK.... but wait the banks arnt giving out loans....... we are screwed.:hammerhead::hammerhead:

In all seriousness i hope the economy can get turned around for everybodys sake

meicher806
03-22-2009, 10:32 AM
well i herd back on 2 of my gov bids i place last week, and i was shocked, they put everything in chart form so you can see who bid what which is nice you get to price check your self with others in the area... but i was shocked when i saw the results.. i was on the higher end of the chart but i expected this because i dont low ball,bid #1..winner$3300.00 all other bids around 13500 average. my bid $15,056.00 bid #2.. winner $12600 all other bids between 39k-53k my bid was at $45,462.00

I am wondering how long the other co will be around. my guess not long. It was nice to see i am where i want to be price wise with the larger co's because when price is equal it comes down to service and as a smaller co im able to keep it more personal with the customer.