PDA

View Full Version : Trying to ad my websites background image

Dunn's
03-04-2009, 01:14 PM
When I ad the header and background to my site it shrinks it when using yahoo sitebuilder, But when I open the file in adobe photoshop it says it is 1,040 pixels wide even though my site is only1,026 pixels wide it still comes out smaller when I paste the image in and then I have to stretch it which causes some slight distortion.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

ECS
03-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Take a look at your coding for the webpage. It should look something like what I have below.

It will be near the top of the page, under the tags for head. There will be 2 tags for head, one withing thses brackets < > and another one withing the same brakets with a / before the word head.

< body background=" the adress of the picture to go in here " bgproperties= "fixed" text= "#008080" link= "#800080" vlink= "#ae00ae" alink= "#c0c0c0" >

Where this say bg properties = fixed allows it to stay stationary so when you scroll the page, the background stay right where it is at all times. You may have to add the dimensions of the picture for it to be the size you want. height = " pixels height here " width = "1026" which can be placed after where it says bgproperties=fixed

Kiril
03-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Please use CSS ... that is what it is intended for.

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp