PDA

View Full Version : Just Starting out

mrlawnandmulch
03-04-2009, 03:07 PM
im trying to get into the landscaping business and i was wondering what some of the must have tools and equipment needed to get started?

JB1
03-04-2009, 03:18 PM
shovel, rake, broom

Grits
03-04-2009, 07:20 PM
What services will you be providing?

KensLawnCare
03-04-2009, 08:30 PM
mower,edger,trimmer,blower,hedge trimmer,trailer,truck basics tools

Precedence
03-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Insurance.....

openbook
03-05-2009, 04:41 PM
wheelbarrow

KrayzKajun
03-05-2009, 04:46 PM
2009 F350, 20ft trailer, 60" mower, LOL
Just kiddin, wanted to be the first!!:hammerhead:

use the search option, lots of info.

ambersLawnmowing
03-05-2009, 04:59 PM
If you have to ask questions like that you more then likly havent done it yet. Go get a job doing it and then you will know how and what you need to thrive..

Carolina Cuts
03-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Experience.

THE GREEN TEAM L&S
03-06-2009, 01:04 PM
I,like alot of people come on here with real questions, I'm sure no one starts out with experience! wow we come on here for help,sometimes you're not sure if you should ask because of being treated like a idiot, or just get a smart answer,I thought I'd be getting help from some professionals helping new company;s get started the right way with good advice,

punt66
03-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I,like alot of people come on here with real questions, I'm sure no one starts out with experience! wow we come on here for help,sometimes you're not sure if you should ask because of being treated like a idiot, or just get a smart answer,I thought I'd be getting help from some professionals helping new company;s get started the right way with good advice,

Still complaining. Going down the wrong route! Listen if people cant figure out they need a lawnmower to mow a lawn then this may not be the best job for them.

THE GREEN TEAM L&S
03-06-2009, 01:59 PM
still being rude and very un- professional, obviously a lawn mower, but they might also need a"professional" to give them other tips as well as advice,good equipment sites,ideas,just good old-fashioned advice,that's what I'd hope from the people on here ,I've always received great advice as well as good tips,where to get good equip,what works and what's a waste of time etc.. hey advice and helping out a fellow Lawn-care person,that's free, great advice from someones who's been doing it for a long time, wow priceless

JB1
03-06-2009, 02:06 PM
still being rude and very un- professional, obviously a lawn mower, but they might also need a"professional" to give them other tips as well as advice,good equipment sites,ideas,just good old-fashioned advice,that's what I'd hope from the people on here ,I've always received great advice as well as good tips,where to get good equip,what works and what's a waste of time etc.. hey advice and helping out a fellow Lawn-care person,that's free, great advice from someones who's been doing it for a long time, wow priceless

WELL cry me a river, they got just as good a answer as the question asked.

GrassesGuy
04-16-2009, 04:48 PM
By a book!:cry:

American_Bulldog
04-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi, This is my first post and I have a question that kinda fits the thread title. What is the biggest WB one should start with? I am looking to mow yards part time and would like to start out on residential yards first. I have two 4x4 trucks, 7x12 utility tri-ramp trailer, 48" rider, echo BBB, ryobi Trimmer, push mower, chain saw and etc. But I would like to get a used WB and use my rider as backup. I thought about a 36" but can't find one under 1,500. I have found an exmark 60" dual hydro w/floating deck for 950.00 but I think it might be too big. I also found a ferris 52" hydro for 1,000. and before I get ragged on I will be licensed and insured. Thanks for any help in advance.

GrassesGuy
04-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Dude just suck up your pride and buy a Red Hawk brand new for 1,200-1,400 they got the same parts as the name brand mowers. The only difference is that they are assembled in China not America. I bet if you look under the hood of your truck you 80% Chinese parts. Face the reality nothing is made in America folks. Storm the capital if you want the real America back. A lot of guys bash this mower for that very fact, but most have never owned a Red Hawk. I own one and have never had any major problems, they are as solid as name brand mowers. Save your money and take your lady out for a good time instead of blowing an extra 1,500 for the same mower you could have gotten for much less.

That Mower Man
04-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Insurance.....

Definetely need insurance. Gen liab insurance is too damn cheap (compared to the alternative) to not buy it. I agree with the things other said, except depending on your budget a utility trailer may not be a necessity. I lugged my mowers in the back of my Ford Ranger with a safety ramp until I had the extra cash to buy a trailer.