PDA

View Full Version : Brant's Lawn Care, Inc.

Lawnut101
03-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Here are a few pics of my equipment and my truck after it got logo-ed up in Nov. I'm hoping for a good spring, summer and fall this year!

Lawnut101
03-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Here is a small planting box I did around a flag pole. It was a good learning experience. I didn't really have a clue what I was doing, but it turned out good. The worst part is that I didn't have a good saw for cutting the stone.

Lawnut101
03-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Here's a few lawns I mow. The first two are for a Realtor at a forclosed property that I did every other week. The third is one of my regular customers.

Lawnut101
03-04-2009, 08:29 PM
And here are a few pics of a very small mulch job I did.

nnj18
03-04-2009, 08:29 PM
haha should've just rented a saw man....no offense but it looks pretty bad, maybe if you were a homeowner....I'd stick with mowing or buy a saw and get your angles down.

Nice ford, bobcat and stripes tho! :weightlifter:

Cuttinitclose
03-04-2009, 08:38 PM
haha should've just rented a saw man....no offense but it looks pretty bad, maybe if you were a homeowner....I'd stick with mowing or buy a saw and get your angles down.

Nice ford, bobcat and stripes tho! :weightlifter:

Looks good IMO.

Lawnut101
03-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Well, it was my first attempt. Wasn't trying to do a bad job. Just a learning experience.

Lawnut101
03-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Looks good IMO.

Thanks. I didn't think it looked that bad.

Nick's Lawn Care
03-04-2009, 08:41 PM
NICE truck and bobcat!

The stone looks a row too tall...

Nick

mowerbrad
03-04-2009, 08:42 PM
How do you like your bob-cat? The stripes look great.

Lawnut101
03-04-2009, 08:49 PM
NICE truck and bobcat!

The stone looks a row too tall...

Nick

I asked the guy how high he wanted the wall, and that's how high he said. Just following orders lol. Thanks for the compliment on the truck and mower. I just put a backrack on it. I'll have to take some pics of that soon too.

Lawnut101
03-04-2009, 08:52 PM
How do you like your bob-cat? The stripes look great.

I really like the Bobcat. I got a good deal on it, and the dealer is great. He sells Wright and Bobcat. The Wright was just a little out of my price range. I will definitely buy another Bobcat someday.

mowerbrad
03-04-2009, 08:54 PM
I really like the Bobcat. I got a good deal on it, and the dealer is great. He sells Wright and Bobcat. The Wright was just a little out of my price range. I will definitely buy another Bobcat someday.

I do like my bob-cat but my dealer is absolutely horrible. They seemed great at first (I knew them pretty well) but after I bought it everything went down hill with them.

Lawnut101
03-04-2009, 09:01 PM
I do like my bob-cat but my dealer is absolutely horrible. They seemed great at first (I knew them pretty well) but after I bought it everything went down hill with them.

Yeah that really sucks when that kind of thing happens. Mine stands behind what they sell. And they give out loaners if your equipment goes down. There are a few dealers around here that I won't buy stuff from.

mowerbrad
03-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Yeah that really sucks when that kind of thing happens. Mine stands behind what they sell. And they give out loaners if your equipment goes down. There are a few dealers around here that I won't buy stuff from.

The one time that I the bob-cat was down for an extended period of time (warranty issue on engine) the dealer wasn't able to perform the warranty work and wouldn't give me a loaner. So I had to go to a different service center (non-bobcat dealer) to get the work done. Needless to say my next mower will not be a bob-cat. It would be but I just can't stand to buy from that dealer again. But honestly it is an overall good machine, just the dealer SUCKS.

Lawnut101
03-04-2009, 09:11 PM
The one time that I the bob-cat was down for an extended period of time (warranty issue on engine) the dealer wasn't able to perform the warranty work and wouldn't give me a loaner. So I had to go to a different service center (non-bobcat dealer) to get the work done. Needless to say my next mower will not be a bob-cat. It would be but I just can't stand to buy from that dealer again. But honestly it is an overall good machine, just the dealer SUCKS.

Yeah, it's 50% good machine and 50% good dealer. That's what makes a mower a great product. If a mower isn't going to be working, then it's no good no matter what brand it is.

Bobcat has some pretty cool looking new mowers out this year. Have you seen them yet?

Kennedy Landscaping
03-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Hey looks great. I really like that Ford too ;)

mowerbrad
03-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah, it's 50% good machine and 50% good dealer. That's what makes a mower a great product. If a mower isn't going to be working, then it's no good no matter what brand it is.

Bobcat has some pretty cool looking new mowers out this year. Have you seen them yet?

Yea, the new ones are pretty nice. If only I had a good dealer I would go demo one. :cry: They seemed to only have gotten better since I bought mine a few years ago.

btnj47
03-04-2009, 09:53 PM
The truck looks awsome and I love the bobcat. Your work looks good too , I dont think the wall looks bad but would agree a bit too high but as you said Just following orders Lol customer is always right

Lucky Star Lawn Care
03-04-2009, 10:01 PM
For not having the proper tools and your first attempt I think you did pretty good. Of course its not as smooth looking as it could be but aslong as you gave it your best and the customer liked it...job well done. I think the height is fine throw some soil and flowers in and will look real good

DLAWNS
03-04-2009, 10:43 PM
It looks like you lay some nice stripes with that bobcat. Good work!

Lawnut101
03-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Hey looks great. I really like that Ford too ;)

Thanks a lot! I really like how it drives. The tires kinda suck for plowing tight driveways though.

Yea, the new ones are pretty nice. If only I had a good dealer I would go demo one. :cry: They seemed to only have gotten better since I bought mine a few years ago.

I'm not in the market to buy a new mower this year, but I will probably try one out for fun anyways.

The truck looks awsome and I love the bobcat. Your work looks good too , I dont think the wall looks bad but would agree a bit too high but as you said Just following orders Lol customer is always right

Thanks! Yup. I always ask what the person wants when I look at a job.

For not having the proper tools and your first attempt I think you did pretty good. Of course its not as smooth looking as it could be but aslong as you gave it your best and the customer liked it...job well done. I think the height is fine throw some soil and flowers in and will look real good

Thanks Lucky! I filled it to the top, and he said he was gonna put some flowers in there. Next time I will rent a nice concrete saw.

It looks like you lay some nice stripes with that bobcat. Good work!

I really think the Bobcat stripes as nice as any other mower out there. Thanks for the compliment.

Lawnut101
05-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Here are some pics of a forclosed property I just picked up.

TomberLawn
05-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Is the Dodge a Cummins?

Bobcat makes a good mower. My Woods is built by Bobcat and it is amazing.

2brothersyardcare
05-13-2009, 06:13 AM
looks great wall looks fine and my dealer sell bob cat maybe ill go have see

Lawnut101
05-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Is the Dodge a Cummins?

Bobcat makes a good mower. My Woods is built by Bobcat and it is amazing.

No it's not a Cummins. Probably why I haven't sold it yet.

I have seen a few Wood's around here. A guy actually has one for sale right around here.

Lawnut101
05-13-2009, 12:07 PM
looks great wall looks fine and my dealer sell bob cat maybe ill go have see

Thanks! Yeah, you should go look at them and test drive one.

beegreenlandcare
05-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Not too bad for a 1st try. Hey, I've seen u on plowsite alot too.
How's biz so far?
Now for some constructive criticism. Not bashing, just trying to help.
Most people use gravel for a base, it helps in the leveling process.
i see ya got "off" and that was only 3 courses high. Remember, if your off a little to start with, it just exagerates the higher you go, so make that 1st course PERFECTLY level.
If ya wanna do work like this, at least rent a saw to start. I did b/c I simply didn't have that many wall jobs to justify the purchase of 1.
Also, work on those angles. i see gaps on the face of almost every block:rolleyes:

Lawnut101
05-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the help! Yea, I am on Plowsite a lot. It's probably my favorite website. Business is going pretty good so far this year.