PDA

View Full Version : 1st full Landscape Install I did!!!

KrayzKajun
03-05-2009, 10:52 AM
these beds ahve been in for about a year and a half(thts why the bricks are dirty) this is a few pics of my first full landscape install i did! this is at my moms house. I built all the beds(put bricks in, installed the lights in the bed, dirt mulch,plants). before there was nothing in front the house
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/KrayzKajun/DSC02003.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/KrayzKajun/DSC02010.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/KrayzKajun/DSC02004.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/KrayzKajun/DSC02007.jpg

2bad im about to tear it all up, becuz she wants to redo the whole yard(beds, new sod, the works,MORE MONEY AND PUBLICITY FOR ME)

FairGreen Inc.
03-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Looks Great!
I love the house too, looks very "Homey!" :)

GravelyGuy
03-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Did you say more money? Your going to charge your mom?

Boy times are tough:laugh:

KrayzKajun
03-05-2009, 11:08 AM

as payment, she is buying me new tires for my truck, and helpin me get a skidsteer!!

bobcatnj
03-05-2009, 11:10 AM
looks good but i hate that block

KrayzKajun
03-05-2009, 11:15 AM
looks good but i hate that block

i hate block! but the costomer(aka MOM) gets wht she wants. now she wants them removed!!

oakhillslandscaping
03-05-2009, 11:19 AM
well its a clean slate so get creative and get some good exposure

South Florida Lawns
03-05-2009, 11:57 AM
looks great, can you guys get Dwarf Exora to grow in your area? I think those would look good with some Croton and red mulch! I can't wait to see the next install!

KrayzKajun
03-05-2009, 12:00 PM
looks great, can you guys get Dwarf Exora to grow in your area? I think those would look good with some Croton and red mulch! I can't wait to see the next install!

next install will include: all new sod(whole yard, new mounded beds, and outdoor pocerlain tile laid on the walkway from driveway to frontdoor)

pilot75
03-05-2009, 05:53 PM
next install will include: all new sod(whole yard, new mounded beds, and outdoor pocerlain tile laid on the walkway from driveway to frontdoor)

In lieu of porcelain tile have you considered getting the 12" square pavers? Hear me out on this.....if you take one row and lay it normal then take the next row and cut a block in half and use that at the beginning and then start it actually gives a really nice tile effect....you could use that and if you wanted to raise up the walkway get some of the square wall blocks(not tapered like the ones you have) and they will give you a nice cracked face on the outside and then in the inside of it you can just fill it with stonedust and set the pavers. My dad did one like this recently off of a patio that was outdoor tile, and it blended right in. I thought the squares always looked cheesy until I saw this. Just an idea for you, take it if you want, if not maybe you will have another job to use it in.

KrayzKajun
03-05-2009, 06:11 PM
In lieu of porcelain tile have you considered getting the 12" square pavers? Hear me out on this.....if you take one row and lay it normal then take the next row and cut a block in half and use that at the beginning and then start it actually gives a really nice tile effect....you could use that and if you wanted to raise up the walkway get some of the square wall blocks(not tapered like the ones you have) and they will give you a nice cracked face on the outside and then in the inside of it you can just fill it with stonedust and set the pavers. My dad did one like this recently off of a patio that was outdoor tile, and it blended right in. I thought the squares always looked cheesy until I saw this. Just an idea for you, take it if you want, if not maybe you will have another job to use it in.

i suggested pavers, but my mom wants the tile!
thanks for the advice! its appreciated

riverwalklandscaping
03-05-2009, 09:37 PM
I do work for my parents for free... must be nice to get paid

PerfectEarth
03-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Um yea............

Good thing she wants to re-do it. Sorry man, but that is a terribly tacky "landscape"

KrayzKajun
03-05-2009, 09:42 PM
I do work for my parents for free... must be nice to get paid

doin this for her is taking a good of my time. i still need to pay my bills!

trust me! she is gettin a big discount

KrayzKajun
03-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Um yea............

Good thing she wants to re-do it. Sorry man, but that is a terribly tacky "landscape"

she liked it! thts all tht matters. we werent spending thousands of dollars...

atasteofnature
03-05-2009, 09:53 PM
I like it for the different approach to a front of the house. I hear you on the whole making the customer happy. I post some pics on here awhile back and everyone didn't like it and I understood thier point but it is about making the customer happy, especially mom, lol, have fun with the new design and can't wait to see the before and after pics on that one. Are you going to be able to use the new skidsteer on the new project?

KrayzKajun
03-05-2009, 09:58 PM
I like it for the different approach to a front of the house. I hear you on the whole making the customer happy. I post some pics on here awhile back and everyone didn't like it and I understood thier point but it is about making the customer happy, especially mom, lol, have fun with the new design and can't wait to see the before and after pics on that one. Are you going to be able to use the new skidsteer on the new project?

thanks! goin look at the skid 2morow!
it will be fun layin 7pallets of sod without one!:cry:

atasteofnature
03-05-2009, 10:04 PM
yuck! Hey if I wasn't 15 hours away I would come help! Especially for the warmer weather!!!

pilot75
03-05-2009, 10:20 PM
thanks! goin look at the skid 2morow!
it will be fun layin 7pallets of sod without one!:cry:

It's all about good placement down here. We have laid as many as 60 pallets of sod on a job without a skid....just have to hope you get the placement right on that many...if the 10th is off you are screwed the rest of the day.

Lucky Star Lawn Care
03-06-2009, 12:33 AM

"If you cant make off money off friends and family who can you make money off of" LOL:laugh:

Looks good

chrissmart123
03-06-2009, 09:24 PM
a nice ring around that tree would look real nicee

capelawncare.com
03-06-2009, 09:38 PM
She isnt getting rid of that crepe myrtle is she????

KrayzKajun
03-06-2009, 09:46 PM
She isnt getting rid of that crepe myrtle is she????

nope! tht bad boy has survived 3major hurricanes

capelawncare.com
03-06-2009, 11:11 PM
nope! tht bad boy has survived 3major hurricanes

Sure is a purrdy one

Kennedy Landscaping
03-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Looks good.

STIHL GUY
03-07-2009, 12:08 PM
looks pretty good