PDA

View Full Version : Advertising?

scagtiger
03-05-2009, 10:20 AM
I was wanting to see what worked best for you guys when it comes to advertising when it comes to installing systems? We have our usual contractors we install for and our regular maintenance calls but what was wanting to stay a little busier since the housing and building has slowed down a little and what was gonna see what kind of advertising worked for you guys best?

DanaMac
03-05-2009, 10:25 AM
I don't do installs, but here is something. I don't know if you have a website, but we do. We usually are the first company listed when people type in the key words "sprinkler repair colorado springs" or something similar to it at either yahoo or google. We just got set up at adwords.google.com You basically pay for people clicking to your site. You pay based on what you bid as your price, and depending on what others bid and what placement you get for the ad you set up with them. I've already gotten three new customers in 2 days and have paid $2.76.

Now, I am no web guru. That's my GFs area. Kiril or some others here may be able to explain better for you.

hoskm01
03-05-2009, 10:29 AM
I don't do installs, but here is something. I don't know if you have a website, but we do. We usually are the first company listed when people type in the key words "sprinkler repair colorado springs" or something similar to it at either yahoo or google. We just got set up at adwords.google.com You basically pay for people clicking to your site. You pay based on what you bid as your price, and depending on what others bid and what placement you get for the ad you set up with them. I've already gotten three new customers in 2 days and have paid $2.76.

Now, I am no web guru. That's my GFs area. Kiril or some others here may be able to explain better for you.
Jim Lewis uses same, and likes it.

Ive considered it quite a bit, probably need to make the leap.

rnd
03-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Go to RNDSIGNS.COM (http://rndsigns.com)for hundreds of ideas from lawn and landscape companies from all over the U.S. Request a FREE marketing handbook. See layout ideas, professional photographs and online pricing.

scagtiger
03-05-2009, 02:21 PM

I have heard people talking about that but never really checked into so ill have to do that. Thanks for the input on that.

Im not to big on the web either. My GF is working on a site right now for me.

hoskm01
03-05-2009, 03:14 PM
I need a web savvy girlfriend.

Mike Leary
03-05-2009, 03:16 PM

Have you talked with your wife about it?

hoskm01
03-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Depends on what she gets out of it...

DanaMac
03-05-2009, 04:09 PM

Can't have mine :) Well...... if the price is right.......

hoskm01
03-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Can't have mine :) Well...... if the price is right.......
Everyone has their price...

Mike Leary
03-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Everyone has their price...

Never occurred to me, except the client that called me to do irrigation for his daughter's wedding. I told him we were hammered, he said, "did I ask how much it would cost?" We moved in the next day.

hoskm01
03-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Never occurred to me, except the client that called me to do irrigation for his daughter's wedding. I told him we were hammered, he said, "did I ask how much it would cost?" We moved in the next day.
So you turned her wedding into a wet dream?

Mike Leary
03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Never even met the wedding party, but the client was with us for twenty years.