PDA

View Full Version : 09' Cub Cadet in shop

Toad
03-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Here is a pic of the new tank S from Cub Cadet, it has a 31hp Kawi on it.

Toad
03-05-2009, 11:45 PM
This thing is incredible on side hills from what ive been told.

corey4671
03-05-2009, 11:51 PM
wow.........

corey4671
03-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Holy CRAP!! $16449 for the 31hp and $18k for the 37hp...

flatlander42
03-05-2009, 11:54 PM
well, the front tires shouldn't be too small ;)

Looks like a lot of extra stuff to go wrong with the steering wheel.

Toad
03-05-2009, 11:56 PM
The msrp is high, I have to check on actual prices and get back to ya>

Kennedy Landscaping
03-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Looks nice, big mower lol

Lucky Star Lawn Care
03-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Those are the prices....wow! Nice steering wheel

RedMax Man
03-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Another funky looking mower.
Who would pay that and you dont get a catcher system included for that price.

grassman177
03-06-2009, 12:33 AM
are you wantin one of these? how is the 72 kubota still treating you. ii would love to have one if we get these large commercial jobs.

MileHigh
03-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Another funky looking mower.

agreed.

that steering wheel would make me wanna shoot myself.

Lucky Star Lawn Care
03-06-2009, 12:45 AM
Just imagine all the other things you could pick up with that much money......still cant get over that steering wheel:hammerhead:

Toad
03-06-2009, 08:34 AM
are you wantin one of these? how is the 72 kubota still treating you. ii would love to have one if we get these large commercial jobs.

O the kubota is fantastic, wouldnt give that up for anything. I have also run cubs for some time and have had great luck with them all around.

This is a new concept for the z turn market and im wondering just how well they perform. Im keeping and open mind. I mean how can u say anything bad till u try it, right. Who knows we might all have to have one once we try it, maybe not? I do know cub has put alot of time (years) in research and development for this machine. We will see how they are excepted in the industry.

capnsac
03-09-2009, 03:02 PM
The steering wheel is awesome believe it or not. I have had the pleasure of riding one of these, and it's an awesome machine. My dealer even insisted I take it on a steep grade. I wasn't so sure about it, but he has such huge confidence in this machine that I just had to try it. Half way through the hill he told me to turn up it and I thought he had lost his marbles. Well I turned up the hill and it didn't miss a beat. The steering wheel doesn't allow the front wheels to rotate freely whereas castor wheels will spin freely thus not giving the operator as much control. While you turn the steering wheel the hydraulics operate synchronous to the wheel, giving you the zero turn feel.

It also makes for easy learning. You can drive a car so you can drive on of these was cub cadets philosophy behind incorporating a steering wheel into their design. If you don't know how to drive a car (girls) then you shouldn't be on this thing in the first place.

My dealer will get me a 60"/31hp for around 12,000 out the door. Still not cheap, but with the small amount of learning and high level of productivity of this machine I really can't see a reason why you can't justify it if you have the work in place.

Oh and it comes with a grammer suspension seat ($700 seat) that's AMAZING to ride on. Also an electronic deck lift with pin adjustment, so all you have to do is set the pin and move a lever and it does the rest.

EagleGrounds
03-09-2009, 04:32 PM
If i wanted a caddillac i would jus goto the dealer itself! I bet its interesting to drive, although you would have to be turning like crazy! Id get tiredof all the wheel spinning to pull of a ZT!

capnsac
03-09-2009, 04:51 PM
If i wanted a caddillac i would jus goto the dealer itself! I bet its interesting to drive, although you would have to be turning like crazy! Id get tiredof all the wheel spinning to pull of a ZT!

Lock to Lock is 2 turns of the wheel, so from center it is 1 turn. Not much turning involved at all to pull off a zt

dbvolfan1
03-09-2009, 08:53 PM
At those prices the steering wheel better have an airbag in it!

02DURAMAX
03-09-2009, 08:58 PM

It does...:rolleyes:

:laugh::laugh:

STIHL GUY
03-09-2009, 10:24 PM
way to expensive for a mower

IntegrityGuy
03-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Holy CRAP!! $16449 for the 31hp and $18k for the 37hp...

The only thing wrong with that price is that Cub cadet has not built up their name big enough to beable to charge prices that high. If it said kubota on the side then it would be okay.

riverwalklandscaping
03-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Ferris and others have machines at that price too...

what's the anti scalp looking roller in the front above the regular anti scalp rollers?

Toad
03-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Ferris and others have machines at that price too...

what's the anti scalp looking roller in the front above the regular anti scalp rollers?

Good point!!

That is the pin used to hold the front of the deck support.

Toad
03-10-2009, 08:33 AM
The only thing wrong with that price is that Cub cadet has not built up their name big enough to beable to charge prices that high. If it said kubota on the side then it would be okay.

Like (capnsac) said out the door for about 12000.

That depends where you are, cub is big around here. Mainly because there are no other commercial z-turn mower dealers around our roural area, but cub has many being a common name brand machine.

capnsac
03-10-2009, 09:12 AM

You plan on running into something with it?

IntegrityGuy
03-10-2009, 01:20 PM
You plan on running into something with it?

He just wants to get his moneys worth.:laugh:

Scag413
03-10-2009, 01:42 PM
12,000 out the door is a competitive price around here. With it holding hills better it would be worth it if you have alot of banks and hills to mow.

capnsac
03-10-2009, 02:45 PM
He just wants to get his moneys worth.:laugh:

We should throw some anti-lock brakes on there too while we're at it. It will help to keep the spirit of throwing dumb-sh!t on a mower alive! ;)

Toad
03-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Checked on price, it is marked right now for 13,999.00.
I am going to be doing an extensive review on this machine as soon as the grass grows and I can get on the machine for a lengthy demo. I will include a report on my likes and dislikes including many pics. Stay tuned

Toad
05-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Well, I had a chance to try the cub out. I mowed one lawn with it was all, as I was to busy to fart around with it much. I could not wait to get off it and get back on my regular Zs, it is way to quirky for me. First thing the speed control being at my feet was not cool, you cant even come close to making the transition from forward to reverse as smoth as having sticks in your hands. Second, when you do let your foot off he petal it does not stop the machine as fast as I would want to, kind of a delay that adds to the confusion of forward to reverse not smooth. When you do get your foot on the tiny reverse petal it stops the machine abruptly and adds to the confusion once again. Steering the machine was not fun either, you really cant go into a zero turn at any time you want, you need to be in the right place so that when you come out of the turn your headed in the right direction to begin cutting down the opposite lane. Jerky and quirky is a good way to put it, and the 30 some hp kohler was not impressive. Add to that to an allready 13,999 price and I dont see how they will sell even one of these to a commercial operator. The thing that is great about it is its agility on a hill, even with all the hills I mow i see no reason to spend 5 t0 6 thousand dollars more for this machine, kind of makes me feel like puking to spend that much for this machine. Thank god for demos! Oh and did I mention that I love Cub Cadet tank mowers, have owned three and put thousands of hrs on them! But this one is a flop. Sorry CC

MileHigh
05-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Well, I had a chance to try the cub out. I mowed one lawn with it was all, as I was to busy to fart around with it much. I could not wait to get off it and get back on my regular Zs, it is way to quirky for me. First thing the speed control being at my feet was not cool, you cant even come close to making the transition from forward to reverse as smoth as having sticks in your hands. Second, when you do let your foot off he petal it does not stop the machine as fast as I would want to, kind of a delay that adds to the confusion of forward to reverse not smooth. When you do get your foot on the tiny reverse petal it stops the machine abruptly and adds to the confusion once again. Steering the machine was not fun either, you really cant go into a zero turn at any time you want, you need to be in the right place so that when you come out of the turn your headed in the right direction to begin cutting down the opposite lane. Jerky and quirky is a good way to put it, and the 30 some hp kohler was not impressive. Add to that to an allready 13,999 price and I dont see how they will sell even one of these to a commercial operator. The thing that is great about it is its agility on a hill, even with all the hills I mow i see no reason to spend 5 t0 6 thousand dollars more for this machine, kind of makes me feel like puking to spend that much for this machine. Thank god for demos! Oh and did I mention that I love Cub Cadet tank mowers, have owned three and put thousands of hrs on them! But this one is a flop. Sorry CC

Just as I had thought.

2brothersyardcare
05-28-2009, 07:14 AM
ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!