PDA

View Full Version : Took Delivery of my new Bad Boy Lightning!

dwost
03-06-2009, 08:45 AM
My rep just dropped it off at my house yesterday! I just finished installing several goodies on it and will post up some pics this weekend. This thing is a BEAST but shockingly still fits in my garage! :cool2:

big_belly4ever
03-06-2009, 10:19 AM
picture????????????????

freshcutter
03-06-2009, 11:01 AM
How are you going to post a thread under the pictures and videos forum of your new equip and not post some pictures?! Let see what you got!

mruiz
03-06-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm jealous dude... ENJOY!!

eatonpcat
03-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Jealous!!! :drinkup: What did you do with the Gravely??

STIHL GUY
03-06-2009, 06:02 PM
lets see some pictures

Collegepro
03-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Wack........

Green Finger
03-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Congrats

What were the goodies that you installed on it?

Pic's please. :confused:

flatlander42
03-06-2009, 08:21 PM
PICS!!!PICS!!! Congrats on the purchase!!

Kennedy Landscaping
03-06-2009, 10:19 PM
We need pictures! Lol good luck with the new machine!

MileHigh
03-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Why hasn't this been moved to the dummy forum?

Classified
03-07-2009, 12:07 AM
I dont know but it really urkes me when people do this.

nosparkplugs
03-07-2009, 12:12 AM
This is some BS:rolleyes:. How long have you been waiting for this BB, and you DID NOT have the camera ready a month ago:)

My rep just dropped it off at my house yesterday! I just finished installing several goodies on it and will post up some pics this weekend. This thing is a BEAST but shockingly still fits in my garage! :cool2:

dwost
03-07-2009, 09:22 AM
WOW.....the natives are getting restless!! LOL Ok, here she is in all her orange glory!

The list of "goodies"

-ROPS
-mulch kit
-Accellorator catcher
-hitch
-Powerchute OCDC
-Hella driving lights

Homemade strip kit is next on the list!! I can't peel my kids off it :)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Anthrassat/Mower/kids_mower.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Anthrassat/Mower/andy_mower3.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Anthrassat/Mower/andy_mower2.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Anthrassat/Mower/andy_mower_rear.jpg

Powerchute

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Anthrassat/Mower/OCDC.jpg

Still room to spare........albeit not much!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Anthrassat/Mower/garage_mower2.jpg

dwost
03-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Jealous!!! :drinkup: What did you do with the Gravely??

I sold it to a buddy of mine. He laid claim to it the first day he saw it so he had first dibs and never looked back!! I know it's going to be well taken care of :drinkup:

riverwalklandscaping
03-07-2009, 10:53 AM
ttiwwp ...

(why is it decapitalizing my post when hit submit??)

Carolina Cuts
03-07-2009, 11:02 AM
nice, and they delivered it with a couple future employees.... :o)

STIHL GUY
03-07-2009, 11:02 AM
nice mower

dwost
03-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks guys, should serve me well for many years to come.

riverwalklandscaping
03-07-2009, 12:53 PM
is that an slk?

dwost
03-07-2009, 02:07 PM
is that an slk?

No, it's an R500

02DURAMAX
03-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Nice mower!

Mind if I ask how much you paid for it?

Kennedy Landscaping
03-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Looks good. You got some nice ass cars too!

dwost
03-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Duramax: I paid $7500 for it. It's an 08'

LawnFreak: Thanks, that happens to be another hobby :)

nosparkplugs
03-07-2009, 08:39 PM
dwost, what made you go with the powerchute over the ACS? why a ROP's first couple of low tree limbs you might regret it, are you doing lots of hills or just got it for pure safety reasons. I love the fact you have the option to NOT purchase a ROP with BB. My kids are the same way with my equipment their girls too. Keep us posted on your progress with the BB, and how it cuts. Surly the drivebuy BB haters will be waiting for the pics & posts. What other ZTR was on your short list?

dwost
03-07-2009, 09:50 PM
I wanted something powered, plain and simple. I was going to build one but decided not to hassle with it and just purchased it. As for the ROPS, I shouldn't have any issues as it's being used on my property and our new office which are void of low branches so I should be fine. My back area has a decent slope on it as well as around a retention pond. I can always pull it off if it becomes a huge hassle. I'll definitely post up pics and some feedback on overall performance. As for my short list, the only other machines that I really liked were the Hustlers so it would have been a Super Z.

MileHigh
03-07-2009, 11:00 PM
ok..got the pics (nice)

what are the specs?

The Rookie
03-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Is it faster than the super z hustler?

IcutgrASS1
03-07-2009, 11:45 PM
hey what do they give you for a warantee on that mower? Thats the first time i ever see one...im an exmark guy but now you got me thinking...hhmm...definitly a nice mower

dwost
03-08-2009, 08:40 AM
BladeScapes: Go here http://www.badboymowers.com/view/51

Rookie: No, I believe the super has slightly bigger 15cc (depending on config 18cc) pumps and wheel motors which adds about 2mph more than mine. This will top out at 13 which is plenty fast.

icut: It's one year on the complete unit: http://www.badboymowers.com/view/142

zedosix
03-08-2009, 09:46 AM
With the name of this thread I thougth you were talking about a ford f150 lightning! Thats just a lawnmower:laugh:

Lawnut101
03-08-2009, 02:29 PM
That's a real nice looking mower. It looks like your kids are anxious for a driving lesson.

eatonpcat
03-09-2009, 07:29 AM
I sold it to a buddy of mine. He laid claim to it the first day he saw it so he had first dibs and never looked back!! I know it's going to be well taken care of :drinkup:

I'm sure he'll love it, looks like you take very good care of your equipment. Now I will need your help to talk my wife into letting me buy a new BB.
Where did you purchase the Beast??

dwost
03-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Eaton: This has been at least a 5 year endeavor so hang tight. I had a somewhat legitimate "need" with the build of our new office but my wife is still thinks it's TOTAL overkill........which it is.......but thats how I roll! If you are going to do it, do it right.

The closest dealer is outside of Canton. I'd suggest going here: http://www.badboymowers.com/view/105 and ping the Ohio rep. I'm sure he will help you out with the unit of your choice. With all my dealings with the company, i've been blown away at their customer service. I'm sure you will be well taken care of when you get the green light to pull the trigger :)

On a side note, I'm working on my custom striping roller build. I will post up some pics when it's completed, stay tuned!

dwost
03-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Here are some pics of the quick disconnect I made for the Powerchute so I can raise the deck lid without removing the pedal. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=2869273#post2869273

retrodog
03-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Congrats man, thats a hell of a good looking mower. Please posts picks of your cut for the haters

dwost
03-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Will do. I actually cut on Friday. first cut of the season @ 1.5" w/the new stripe kit and it actually had great definition! I should have snapped some pics but I ended up going right to aerating and then putting down my fert. Have to wait a couple weeks and I'll post up some shots once it really greens up and starts growing.

On a related side note, I ended up cutting a section that I let grow last fall which had a bunch of 8-10" grass with lots of it folded over due to the winter. I cut it at 2" and it never skipped a beat. I can already tell the quality of cut will definitely be on par with anything currently in production. No stringers and it sucked all the folded over grass up into the deck. Great distribution of clippings to boot. All this and still not running doubles! Looking forward to this season for sure.

riverwalklandscaping
03-29-2009, 03:44 PM
just curious what are those two hoppers on your garage wall that look like they dispense something

flatlander42
03-29-2009, 03:53 PM
I'd bet they are for Dog food, kitty litter, or something like that.

dwost
03-29-2009, 04:14 PM
I'd bet they are for Dog food, kitty litter, or something like that.

Dog food is correct... :)

2brothersyardcare
03-29-2009, 07:53 PM
dose it handle good?

dwost
03-29-2009, 08:32 PM
dose it handle good?

It does. As several have commented the controls are definitely touchy but by no means uncomfortable. To many this may take some getting used to, however, I personally like the precision of providing minimal input for immediate response vs. having to heavy hand all of the inputs. The only finesse is when turning and learning the points at which the motors engage forward/reverse and making that transition smooth. After one cut I can honestly say I'm extremely comfortable with the controls.

flatlander42
03-29-2009, 09:38 PM
one the one I tested out, I liked how the handles did not spring back, causing you to have to push forward all the time! Not sure if it is normal on any other makes, but it sure was nice.

*the one lazer i tried would want to come back to neutral all the time*

dwost
04-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Update #1

I've cut twice with it and I'm very impressed with the cut and striping. The first pic is from March 27th and is the first cut of the season. Grass is still coming out of dormancy and I cut at 1" For those naysayers that don't think this thing can lay stripes, that's just bs :). This is at 1" with my homemade kit. I can only imagine what these will look like once the grass is growing, completely green and I'm cutting at 3.5"

The second set of pics are from today where I cut at 1.5". One week later after aeration and fert. Amazing what one week will do. Unfortunately we are supposed to get snow this week so I'm still a couple weeks off before things really get going. So far I'm extremely pleased with the overall performance of the BB. Handling, cut, etc... are all very good. I'll report back once I have more pics and info!! Enjoy :cool2:

nosparkplugs
04-05-2009, 10:34 AM
We really need to stop posting all these myth busting pics:rolleyes: regarding the Bad Boy ZTR's. I was mowing some hills yesterday that were crazy steep with the AOS diesel. No other ZTR has put a :) on my face like a BB does every day too:waving: Anyway nice pics glad your happy with your BB; although I knew you would be.

Update #1

I've cut twice with it and I'm very impressed with the cut and striping. The first pic is from March 27th and is the first cut of the season. Grass is still coming out of dormancy and I cut at 1" For those naysayers that don't think this thing can lay stripes, that's just bs :). This is at 1" with my homemade kit. I can only imagine what these will look like once the grass is growing, completely green and I'm cutting at 3.5"

The second set of pics are from today where I cut at 1.5". One week later after aeration and fert. Amazing what one week will do. Unfortunately we are supposed to get snow this week so I'm still a couple weeks off before things really get going. So far I'm extremely pleased with the overall performance of the BB. Handling, cut, etc... are all very good. I'll report back once I have more pics and info!! Enjoy :cool2:

South Florida Lawns
04-05-2009, 11:05 AM
BB sure does make a tough looking machine, too bad you only get to mow once or twice a week with it. How long does it take to cut the two properties?

flatlander42
04-05-2009, 02:53 PM
dont get me wrong, but....

I think any mower would leave stripes with a kit like that .....just sayin.

You should lift it up and mow w/o it and see how it stripes!

either way, it does look good!
Nathan

actually, I can't find the pics of the stripe kit....that was you, right?

dwost
04-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Southflorida: Actually, I typically cut my own house every other day during the growing season. We have not had the landscaping completed at our new office. Should be going in the first week in May. I can now cut my entire yard in 36 minutes.

Masternate: I agree it makes a big difference but If you could see the evenness of cut I think it would quiet the chatter. I'll actually cut with it in the raised position and post up the results. Give me a couple weeks till the grass really starts growing and I'll do it! Yes that was me.

nosparkplugs
04-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Go look at my Spring clove cutting post in the PICS & VIDEO forum. There's is proof positive in the worst possible grass of how much power & the manicured cut the AOS diesel and BB offers. However no matter what people like you will complain about something. Just stop reading the BB post, or purchase one

The only "thread killing" you do is "open mouth insert foot":)

dont get me wrong, but....

I think any mower would leave stripes with a kit like that .....just sayin.

You should lift it up and mow w/o it and see how it stripes!

either way, it does look good!
Nathan

actually, I can't find the pics of the stripe kit....that was you, right?

flatlander42
04-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Hey, I was not being negative. I love the bad boys, and have test drove one. Read my post again, it does make sense. I said nothing about the power or quality of cut....Hell the OWNER of the mower got my post! You need to be less defensive. *trucewhiteflag*
put the foot in your mouth.

And yeah, I make sure to check out all the bad boy threads...it's making me want one more!

Later,
Nathan

Go look at my Spring clove cutting post in the PICS & VIDEO forum. There's is proof positive in the worst possible grass of how much power & the manicured cut the AOS diesel and BB offers. However no matter what people like you will complain about something. Just stop reading the BB post, or purchase one

The only "thread killing" you do is "open mouth insert foot":)