PDA

View Full Version : Nathan's Lawn Service (4.3mudder)

4.3mudder
03-07-2009, 02:44 PM
I finally get a nice day to go out and clean all my stuff and get a snap shot of what I have.

My name is Nathan, I am 20 years old, and I am a full time student at Navarro College in Waxahachie TX. I have been mowing for about 2 years as a crew like this, I used to do baseball and soccer fields when I was younger but because they finally went broke I had nothing after that. I used to work at a ahrdware store for 2 years, but because time and money were an issue there, I finally had to go and do something I would like to persue into.

Most of the equipment here I have head since I started. I have done a lot of uprgrading on things when I found a good deal either on craigslist or ebay. I love what I do, it sure beats sitting in an office in a small cramped cubicle all day 8-5, at least I can get a tan, enjoy the whether, and get to listen to the radio, and all of this comes with a price.... Not having to be bothered by anyone and not having someone always on your but.

The thing I tell people is that having your own business is not so easy sometimes. You are responsible for your own actions, and also takes a lot of self discipline, even when the worst things come.

So enjoy, and questions or suggestions please feel free to ask or say.

J & D Greens
03-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Hey Nathan
How are things going? I wanted to say that I envy the equipment you have and I got to say that if there is any color a truck for a lawn service should be. It is your truck, It screams come work on my lawn. Nice set-up. Hope you have a great season, and look forward to talking to you in the future.

4.3mudder
03-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the compliment on the green, for some reason I get a lot of people that like the green. I'm not quite done with the trailer, I'm in the process of making a cage for the front. When the trailer is done, it will be painted green with the Rust oleum hunter green. So, I hope to get it done soon. I have been busy surprisingly, but I hope to get more accounts this year. Thanks

bryant lawn & landscape
03-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Hey Nathan. I see you do like the 250's! They are powerhouses. Funny you mention the Rustoleum Hunter green paint. The 2 trailers I've had built, I've used that paint. It's good stuff, and a great thing about it is that it's readily available in a spray can, which is great for touch ups, or if you add on racks later etc. Check out the pic of my 18 footer for the Rustoleum. I had the trimmer rack and blower rack added after the trailer was made, so after they were fabricated they were welded on, spray primed, and sprayed with the Rustoleum. Done. I also used the paint (by the gallon-rolled on) when I added the wood sides. Hell, come to think of it, I even used it to paint the Billy Goat to math the trailer. You've got a great set up, and I wish you the best this season. It seems like your crew is happy, and ready to mow!

bryant lawn & landscape
03-07-2009, 09:32 PM
....:cool2:....

DLAWNS
03-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Nice stuff, man. I especially like the truck and the lazer.

4.3mudder
03-08-2009, 04:33 AM
Thanks, Ya I like that hunter green, thanks for showing me what it looks like, It will match the truck perfectly. I can say that the only crew that will be happy is me, myself, and I. I run solo, and I am glad that I do. Thanks for the comments.

4.3mudder
03-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Bought me a gallon of that Hunter green by Rustoleum at HD, only 29 bucks, I son't think that was too bad, I'll have to get a picture after everything is painted. I have to work on the fenders because of dents and a big bulge due to a blow out one day.

South Florida Lawns
03-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Hey good looking stuff ya got there. All stihl too! I like that trailer, your still working on it what else do you have for plans, box on the front or something?

4.3mudder
03-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Hey good looking stuff ya got there. All stihl too! I like that trailer, your still working on it what else do you have for plans, box on the front or something?

I'm going to make a cage for the front, on the side of it will holders for rakes, shovels, ect. On the sides, I'm going to make some gas can rakes form left over angle. Less room to take up from the cage.

It's actually a big tex trailer, is a heavy duty, and it is heavy, I think it weighs almost 1800 pounds it self. The ramp is heavy too, I can take it off when I need to and pull out the ramp from the sides. Thanks

Nick's Lawn Care
03-08-2009, 07:35 PM
You like the same color handhelds as i do:weightlifter:

Nice stuff! when is the troy built going to be upgraded?

Nick

4.3mudder
03-08-2009, 07:40 PM
You like the same color handhelds as i do:weightlifter:

Nice stuff! when is the troy built going to be upgraded?

Nick

LOL, whenever I can find a exmark ztr 48 for under 1500 bucks.

The problem is I don't know if I will be able to get rid of it, it has made a ton of money, and has gotten it's money's worth, overall it has good. There are a bunch of design flaws on it though, I could go on and on about that, but at 3000 new and I was jsut getting into the biz so, I started out on a good foot.

Nick's Lawn Care
03-08-2009, 07:44 PM
LOL, whenever I can find a exmark ztr 48 for under 1500 bucks.

The problem is I don't know if I will be able to get rid of it, it has made a ton of money, and has gotten it's money's worth, overall it has good. There are a bunch of design flaws on it though, I could go on and on about that, but at 3000 new and I was jsut getting into the biz so, I started out on a good foot.

What about a walkbehind?

4.3mudder
03-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I had one, a 36 exmark, only main problem was it was a fixed deck with the spacers on the casters and bolts on the rear wheels. Morningside, the guy I sold it to, had a 32 non fixed deck, I should have bought it when he came to pick the mower up. And really, I didn't make enough money to justfiy keeping it because you could only do one heighth without bringing ur tools. out.

Nick's Lawn Care
03-08-2009, 08:40 PM
You should of bought the 200t...:laugh::laugh:

Nick

J & D Greens
03-08-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm going to make a cage for the front, on the side of it will holders for rakes, shovels, ect. On the sides, I'm going to make some gas can rakes form left over angle. Less room to take up from the cage.

It's actually a big tex trailer, is a heavy duty, and it is heavy, I think it weighs almost 1800 pounds it self. The ramp is heavy too, I can take it off when I need to and pull out the ramp from the sides. Thanks

I am also planning my front box for my small trailer. I have a 43" x 7-1/2' trailer. I know it's small (so are most of my yards) but it currently holds what I run with and is easy to put in tight places. I have 21" Toros for my regular mowing and when I do clean-up, I have my Billy Goat vacuum and 21" Snappers I will try to get some pictures some day but life is so busy (work full time with a grocery chain plus twenty yards) it may have to wait a while. On my box I want to have a place for everything I can Imagine. Since I'm handy fabricating with metal it should be real handy. Talk to you later, David

4.3mudder
03-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I am also planning my front box for my small trailer. I have a 43" x 7-1/2' trailer. I know it's small (so are most of my yards) but it currently holds what I run with and is easy to put in tight places. I have 21" Toros for my regular mowing and when I do clean-up, I have my Billy Goat vacuum and 21" Snappers I will try to get some pictures some day but life is so busy (work full time with a grocery chain plus twenty yards) it may have to wait a while. On my box I want to have a place for everything I can Imagine. Since I'm handy fabricating with metal it should be real handy. Talk to you later, David

I have a 10 by 5 foot trailer, dove tail, 4 foot ramp, and it also has a cage on the front. It was custom made because it did not come with it when I got the trailer. I can't weld worth a darn, but I can do everything else. So I had it down by a friend of mine. Mine is 5 foot wide, 2 foot tall, by 30 inches deep, it has a lot of space, but because nothing I put in there is 2 foot tall, a lot of space is left unused, so I have to find another idea.

4.3mudder
03-08-2009, 09:43 PM
You should of bought the 200t...:laugh::laugh:

Nick

Lets not get on that subject :nono: I love that 192, plus it is easy start version ha

J & D Greens
03-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Luckily I took a couple years of welding at the vocational center in my first two year of High School and it comes in real handy. David

4.3mudder
03-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Luckily I took a couple years of welding at the vocational center in my first two year of High School and it comes in real handy. David

Well, I can weld, but it is hard for me to get it to penetrate into both metals. I get really fustrated when weld breaks.

I can tell you that steel is still high right now also.

Nick's Lawn Care
03-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Lets not get on that subject :nono: I love that 192, plus it is easy start version ha

Haha, for your use the 192t was a better pick...

J & D Greens
03-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Well, I can weld, but it is hard for me to get it to penetrate into both metals. I get really fustrated when weld breaks.

I can tell you that steel is still high right now also.

I like your trailer. I think if I posted pictures of my set-up it might draw a lot of laughs. But I will when it's done anyway. One thing is for sure it makes me a good amount of extra income.

4.3mudder
03-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Haha, for your use the 192t was a better pick...

I have only used it at one job. I actually go there when I get time and cut down small trees near a creek, already have a third of it payed off. I just can't see myself paying 500 for a small chainsaw when I can get a huge one for that price. That saw I have is great, I really like it, the easy start is a dream. I really did not want that option, but they come with them now. You got pics of all your stuff?

4.3mudder
03-08-2009, 10:07 PM
I like your trailer. I think if I posted pictures of my set-up it might draw a lot of laughs. But I will when it's done anyway. One thing is for sure it makes me a good amount of extra income.

Ain't that the truth. I had this small trailer, but I could not fit my big z on it, because the trailer was not wide enough. I had this red trailer, it is/was a car hauling trailer. I was wanting to get another trailer, but after considering the price of a new one I needed 1300 bucks, I decided to do a trasformation.

J & D Greens
03-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Ain't that the truth. I had this small trailer, but I could not fit my big z on it, because the trailer was not wide enough. I had this red trailer, it is/was a car hauling trailer. I was wanting to get another trailer, but after considering the price of a new one I needed 1300 bucks, I decided to do a trasformation.

The thing is for the next 2-3 years this equipment I have will be sufficient. I have all the work I can handle and the furthest home I have is three homes on the same street one mile from my house. When I retire from my full time job that will be the time to go after a larger trailer and the equipment to go with it. But for now life is good. David

4.3mudder
03-08-2009, 10:24 PM
The thing is for the next 2-3 years this equipment I have will be sufficient. I have all the work I can handle and the furthest home I have is three homes on the same street one mile from my house. When I retire from my full time job that will be the time to go after a larger trailer and the equipment to go with it. But for now life is good. David

Sounds like a plan, good luck in the near future.

Kennedy Landscaping
03-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Equipment looks nice, it looks like the trailer could use some new springs or something though. Good luck this year!

4.3mudder
03-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Equipment looks nice, it looks like the trailer could use some new springs or something though. Good luck this year!

Lol, I'm going to have to look into the springs and why they do that. That trailer is only 12 years old. Hmm.

JPsDuramax
03-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Does your pole saw have an adjustable angle for the cutting head? I have a Stihl pole saw but all it does is extend. I haven't seen one with that feature before. I could see it being very useful.

4.3mudder
03-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Does your pole saw have an adjustable angle for the cutting head? I have a Stihl pole saw but all it does is extend. I haven't seen one with that feature before. I could see it being very useful.

It is actually an attachment that goes between the saw gearbox and pole. 35 degree angle it has. Huge difference. You don't have to push the saw against the limb while cutting, because of the angle you can just set the saw on top of the branch and cut, less force of the person actually pushing against the pole. Expensive, but well worth for the amount I have used it.

meyere60
03-11-2009, 10:19 PM
arent you afraid some one is going to steal all that equipment being a 1 man crew. i would just bring enough equipment for my self, why do you need all those weed wackers, blowers,chain saws, and bush trimmers being a 1 man crew.

meyere60
03-11-2009, 10:30 PM
i only have enough equipment for me and my twin, and maybe a extra worker here and there. you could send some of your equipment my way. lol. bring only what you need. here left is bad. near chicago il, only the south suburbs.

4.3mudder
03-11-2009, 10:42 PM
i only have enough equipment for me and my twin, and maybe a extra worker here and there. you could send some of your equipment my way. lol. bring only what you need. here left is bad. near chicago il, only the south suburbs.

I see what your saying. It just got to be so much of a hassle loading unloading loading unloading everything all the time. I keep everything locked up. I know that locks are just to keep the honest people honest. But I have not had any problems knock on wood. One of the reasons I bring all that stuff is I have had lots of times had to do extra work, a few limbs needed to be taken down hedges needed done, so forth, and I have at times did not have the equipment with me, so 10 to 15 miles back to the barn became unecessary. It got to be a pain. So, everything is with me at all times locked up and ready to be used.

I park where I can always see the truck and trailer. If I am in the back yard, ever few minutes or so I will peak over the fence. I have gotten down that the neighborhoods except one are good.

meyere60
03-11-2009, 10:43 PM
i would only bring what you need for a 1 man crew. you have enough equipment on your trailer for a 3 man crew or more.there are a lot of thief's who would love to see a 1 man crew with all that equipment while your in a back yard cutting or what not. here near Chicago il, people would have a field day with all that equipment. you almost have to have a 2 man crew here in Chicago il. i live in the south suburbs so its not as bad, but i have had stuff stolen while out cutting. you could send some of your extra equipment my way.lol.

meyere60
03-11-2009, 10:48 PM
i don't know why that popped up twice. i meant to delete it then rewrite it. sorry. but ya that makes sense i would leave some of the weed whackers though you only need 1 weed whacker, 1 bush trimmer, etc. good to talk to you. nice equipment.

4.3mudder
03-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Well, technically I am a 3 man crew: God, my guardian angel, and me. So.... LOL

I might have to do that.

The only thing I have extra is that top trimmer.

I use both ztrs on diff yards, and also the push mower on the small ones.

Tree trimming stuff I can probably leave off

meyere60
03-11-2009, 11:07 PM
got ya .my grand parents, and family live in boerne Texas/ Kendall county, with over 1000 acres connected.. my dad wants to move down there, but i snowplow so that would suck for the winter. plus i would have to start all over with the landscaping buiss. hows landscaping down there. i heard there having a bad drought in Texas. it might suck for you this year. i hope not good luck, and good talking to you.

4.3mudder
03-11-2009, 11:17 PM
got ya .my grand parents, and family live in boerne Texas/ Kendall county, with over 1000 acres connected.. my dad wants to move down there, but i snowplow so that would suck for the winter. plus i would have to start all over with the landscaping buiss. hows landscaping down there. i heard there having a bad drought in Texas. it might suck for you this year. i hope not good luck, and good talking to you.

That is what I'm hearing from the farmer's almanac. Awww, this is going to suck big times. We have had a good rain today, almost 2 1/2 inches so far, it is supposed to rain the rest of the week. And I had jobs planned that will have to wait a few days :cry:. Up until today, we only had half an inch of rain so far this year ;). hard to believe.

Ya snow in Texas?;) I have never heard of such a thing as snow, what is it?:rolleyes: LOL, we didn't get anything like that this year.

JPsDuramax
03-11-2009, 11:39 PM
I carry a loaded pistol with me at all times. Even the guys that work with me have their permits and they carry while we work. We keep them concealed and no one knows the difference. Of course, I keep mine where you can at least see the outline:usflag:

Of course if you can't legally carry yet, then you can always get a license to have an assualt rifle. :laugh:

Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...of course that doesnt mean much.:drinkup:

4.3mudder
03-11-2009, 11:43 PM
I carry a loaded pistol with me at all times. Even the guys that work with me have their permits and they carry while we work. We keep them concealed and no one knows the difference. Of course, I keep mine where you can at least see the outline:usflag:

Of course if you can't legally carry yet, then you can always get a license to have an assualt rifle. :laugh:

Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...of course that doesnt mean much.:drinkup:

LOL. to tell the truth, I have never fired a gun let alone held one so..... I have my tire iron.

Now Im going to get ragged on....

meyere60
03-11-2009, 11:50 PM
my family has alot of guns. mi grand, 9 mil, Beretta, rugger,45 etc, some collectibles . if i had 1 in my truck in chicago il while working, i wood probably go to jail, or get shot by a cop. lol. even with a permit. with all the stupid gangs here. they take our rite away to carry guns, freaken scum of the earth. they need to get a job.lol.

4.3mudder
03-11-2009, 11:59 PM
They need to be in the hands of people who really need them.. I don't watch the news anymore, gosh everytime you flip it on, "economy this and that" or "there was a drive by.... shooting took place in a strip club..... drug deal gone bad..... jeez I don't know what to think anymore.

As Jackie Gleason's quote from Smokey and the Bandit. "What the hell is the world coming to?"

JPsDuramax
03-12-2009, 05:57 AM
my family has alot of guns. mi grand, 9 mil, Beretta, rugger,45 etc, some collectibles . if i had 1 in my truck in chicago il while working, i wood probably go to jail, or get shot by a cop. lol. even with a permit. with all the stupid gangs here. they take our rite away to carry guns, freaken scum of the earth. they need to get a job.lol.

Sorry to hear that. Hear in Georgia, they pass laws in order for you to carry your gun more places.:laugh: I can take it anywhere except state and federal buildings, federal parks, bars (not including restaurants w/ bars), inside schools, and public gatherings (i.e. concerts, rallies). So pretty much anywhere I need to. And as long as you have a permit and are abiding by the law, the police do not give you any problems.

The main reason I have it is for two places I do in downtown Atlanta. I usually pick up a trash bag full of broken liquor bottles and beer bottles. Cars speed down the road at around 70 (only a 35mph zone). You can watch drug deals going down, and the last time I was out there I saw line of cars trying to pickup a girl, asking "how much?" :dizzy: So yeah, I feel better when we can all protect ourselves.

4.3mudder
03-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Sorry to hear that. Hear in Georgia, they pass laws in order for you to carry your gun more places.:laugh: I can take it anywhere except state and federal buildings, federal parks, bars (not including restaurants w/ bars), inside schools, and public gatherings (i.e. concerts, rallies). So pretty much anywhere I need to. And as long as you have a permit and are abiding by the law, the police do not give you any problems.

The main reason I have it is for two places I do in downtown Atlanta. I usually pick up a trash bag full of broken liquor bottles and beer bottles. Cars speed down the road at around 70 (only a 35mph zone). You can watch drug deals going down, and the last time I was out there I saw line of cars trying to pickup a girl, asking "how much?" :dizzy: So yeah, I feel better when we can all protect ourselves.

Jeez, well, I have not seen that before, yet. But I have mowed a property where they have a mobile building parked on the property. It is like 28 acres, well the homeless people like to sleep on the porch. LOL I woke them up one early morning round 6.

csliwinski316
03-12-2009, 02:29 PM
....:cool2:....

you can build trailers? is so give me a quote. thanks and God bless

4.3mudder
03-12-2009, 02:46 PM
you can build trailers? is so give me a quote. thanks and God bless

I already had the trailer.I bought it a few years back, someone else did the work for me.

J & D Greens
03-12-2009, 03:41 PM
I finally get a nice day to go out and clean all my stuff and get a snap shot of what I have.

My name is Nathan, I am 20 years old, and I am a full time student at Navarro College in Waxahachie TX. I have been mowing for about 2 years as a crew like this, I used to do baseball and soccer fields when I was younger but because they finally went broke I had nothing after that. I used to work at a ahrdware store for 2 years, but because time and money were an issue there, I finally had to go and do something I would like to persue into.

Most of the equipment here I have head since I started. I have done a lot of uprgrading on things when I found a good deal either on craigslist or ebay. I love what I do, it sure beats sitting in an office in a small cramped cubicle all day 8-5, at least I can get a tan, enjoy the whether, and get to listen to the radio, and all of this comes with a price.... Not having to be bothered by anyone and not having someone always on your but.

The thing I tell people is that having your own business is not so easy sometimes. You are responsible for your own actions, and also takes a lot of self discipline, even when the worst things come.

So enjoy, and questions or suggestions please feel free to ask or say.

I think Nathan's thread got high jacked:confused:

4.3mudder
03-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I think Nathan's thread got high jacked:confused:

:confused: What do you mean?

J & D Greens
03-13-2009, 03:21 PM
:confused: What do you mean?

My bad. Looked at the begining again.

4.3mudder
03-13-2009, 03:30 PM
My bad. Looked at the begining again.

I gotcha. :)

J & D Greens
03-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Are you doing any work today? Weather has cleared out here and I have two jobs lined up. I was just grabbing a bite to eat before I hit it.
David

4.3mudder
03-13-2009, 03:45 PM
LOL no, I had 3 jobs lined up Wednesday, but it started raining that morning, and has been raining ever since. Still raining. We have gotten about 4 1/2-5 inchs already, we need this rain. Jobs will have to wait till next week. Customers know I don't work in the rain and they don't want me to either. Later

J & D Greens
03-13-2009, 03:54 PM
I don't work in the rain either. If the sidewalk is not dry I won't even consider cutting the lawn. Just leave a mess if you do. But it dry out and temp about 50 degrees. Got to power rake and fill low spots with amended soil and seed one yard. The other is just a spring clean-up. Looks good for today and tomorrow working wise.

4.3mudder
03-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Ya, there are crews around here that work in the rain and leave ruts everywhere, that is why i have so many customers because they do that crap, not good.

Nick's Lawn Care
03-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Stupid rain!:laugh:

Except for in the summer...

4.3mudder
03-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Stupid rain!:laugh:

Except for in the summer...

No kidding, well, it will out of here by early tomorrow morning. I have a lot of catching back up to do next week, which is awesome. It will keep me out of trouble! You know how that is...

bengalman
03-16-2009, 11:52 PM
how can you be 20 years old and owwn all that? I see a spoiled kid .

4.3mudder
03-16-2009, 11:59 PM

:hammerhead: I don't like to be spoiled, but no I'm not spoiled. I started young. Everything is paid for except the truck. I bought everything cash, no credit. My parents never helped me out. Nice try though.

meyere60
03-17-2009, 08:29 PM
i don't think hes spoiled , he probably worked hard, saved his money, and bought his equipment. me and my twin had our trucks, plows, and equipment since we were 18/19. i started working at 14 for a landscaping company and just saved my money to open my own, and learned everything i could while working for him. me and my x boss are still friends, and i occasionally work for him landscaping or plowing. so he could be lying, spoiled, or he just work hard for his stuff. he seems to be honest .

4.3mudder
03-17-2009, 08:48 PM
i don't think hes spoiled , he probably worked hard, saved his money, and bought his equipment. me and my twin had our trucks, plows, and equipment since we were 18/19. i started working at 14 for a landscaping company and just saved my money to open my own, and learned everything i could while working for him. me and my x boss are still friends, and i occasionally work for him landscaping or plowing. so he could be lying, spoiled, or he just work hard for his stuff. he seems to be honest .

I started the same way you did. I did work for some baseball fields by me for a few years. Then, in junior high i had shoulder dislocation during football and was not bale to do anything for a while. I was a basketball manager, and the coach mowed yards on the side, so I helped him out on the weekends. Finally, I started on my own, and getting my own accounts. Buying my own equipment. I still help him out all the time. He also has a high shcool kid that helps him, and he also has a few yards he does on the side, and he is one hard worker. So, no I'm not spoiled and I'm glad I'm not. I don't see where you can get in life with everything being handed down to you.

J & D Greens
03-17-2009, 09:21 PM

I wonder how you would know? When I was 13yrs. old I started working for a Gardener. During this period of time until I was 20yrs old I purchased two vehicles two band new 125cc motocross racing bikes. And many other things. I was not interested in starting my own business then. But the only thing my parents helped me with was room and board. David

4.3mudder
03-17-2009, 09:26 PM
I wonder how you would know? When I was 13yrs. old I started working for a Gardener. During this period of time until I was 20yrs old I purchased two vehicles two band new 125cc motocross racing bikes. And many other things. I was not interested in starting my own business then. But the only thing my parents helped me with was room and board. David

That is the best thing is to save up enough money until you can financially afford it. I know people that are moving back in left and right because they cannot afford it. All I say is. "I told you not to move out" :hammerhead:

I'm skipping the whole apartment thing and get a small house.

KrayzKajun
03-17-2009, 09:28 PM
That is the best thing is to save up enough money until you can financially afford it. I know people that are moving back in left and right because they cannot afford it. All I say is. "I told you not to move out" :hammerhead:

nice setup!
best thing i ever did was buy a house instead of renting an apartment!

J & D Greens
03-17-2009, 09:35 PM

I was lucky my parents put up with me until I met my wife. I rented a little house closer to where she lived until we got married. But once I was out I vowed to not ask my parents for any financial help. Now I'm almost fifty and never asked. You are right to try to pay cash for everything!!!! David

4.3mudder
03-17-2009, 09:36 PM
nice setup!
best thing i ever did was buy a house instead of renting an apartment!

That's my plan, I hope it works out that way. I mean, you lose all that money on an apartment, heck a few months can go along way on a house payment. Plus, I will have a garage for my truck, and hopefully a shop for the trailer. Or I could leave it at the parent's house in the barn out in the country where it is not prone to having any "lookers" wanting my equipment.

4.3mudder
03-17-2009, 09:40 PM
I was lucky my parents put up with me until I met my wife. I rented a little house closer to where she lived until we got married. But once I was out I vowed to not ask my parents for any financial help. Now I'm almost fifty and never asked. You are right to try to pay cash for everything!!!! David

One set of my grandparents do not even own a credit card. I just don't like keeping payments waiting. Plus, when I hear things about people not being able to make payments, then when you just make the minimum monthly payment, you are just paying the interest! Ridiculous, Cash on everything for me. Now, my truck, I am making payments because whipping 15 grand off a money tree just isn't going to happen.

J & D Greens
03-17-2009, 09:44 PM
That's my plan, I hope it works out that way. I mean, you lose all that money on an apartment, heck a few months can go along way on a house payment. Plus, I will have a garage for my truck, and hopefully a shop for the trailer. Or I could leave it at the parent's house in the barn out in the country where it is not prone to having any "lookers" wanting my equipment.

Whats nice about my home (which we own, actually the bank owns it)is I have a huge garage and a very large lot. We are allowed to build a additional shed (can also be as large as a one car garage). So I will be ok until I Go full time with the business. Can't Wait. David

4.3mudder
03-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Whats nice about my home (which we own, actually the bank owns it)is I have a huge garage and a very large lot. We are allowed to build a additional shed (can also be as large as a one car garage). So I will be ok until I Go full time with the business. Can't Wait. David

That's awesome, giving me ideas.

meyere60
03-18-2009, 09:38 PM
any one start working yet. Ive done odd end jobs here and there. i start doing my lawns officially Monday. putting the plows and salt spreaders away for the season, and got most of the summer equipment ready. i want to buy a 6 x14 foot trailer and a 48 inch scag rider soon as possible, and get a new plow at the end of the season, its pretty beet up. hope every one starts working soon and has a good season. talk to you later.

4.3mudder
03-18-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm already at it, had quite a few odd ball jobs, but now it is the real thing.

scagmower
03-18-2009, 11:12 PM

i dont think so man, id say hes worked hard for it all, im only 19 and check out my equipment...oh and its all paid for too by meee. ive just got a land payment that i plan on building a shop this yr on and thats all my debt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meyere60
03-19-2009, 01:24 AM
ground is still kind of soft here, and its suppose to get cold, then warm up, so thats when i will start. i bet its nice and warm by you.

meyere60
03-19-2009, 01:33 AM
yeah everyone is not spoiled, just works hard for what they have, and have goals in life. if i ask my dad for 10.00 when im broke for snow plowing gas, he will laugh and say you should have prepared yourself for the winter, or summer etc. and hes rite , when my meyer pump broke he barely borrowed me the 50 to fix it. some parents are cheap, or just dont have it. my family just dont have it so we work hard for what we have.

ExtExc
03-20-2009, 02:21 AM
That's my plan, I hope it works out that way. I mean, you lose all that money on an apartment, heck a few months can go along way on a house payment.

no kidding. im finally moving this week. been living in a townhome for 18 months, shoulda swallowed my pride and lived in a cheap apartment, but live and learn. @ 20K roughly (more with utilities, deposit, carpet cleaning and misc) if i were to buy a house with a payment close to what i paid in rent for the last 18 months, i would have had over 2500 in equity in the home right now.

im droolin over all the stihl hand tools. i like your style.

4.3mudder
03-20-2009, 08:53 PM
no kidding. im finally moving this week. been living in a townhome for 18 months, shoulda swallowed my pride and lived in a cheap apartment, but live and learn. @ 20K roughly (more with utilities, deposit, carpet cleaning and misc) if i were to buy a house with a payment close to what i paid in rent for the last 18 months, i would have had over 2500 in equity in the home right now.

im droolin over all the stihl hand tools. i like your style.

Thanks, when you pay for cash on everything it helps out a whole lot. Ya, I like the Stihl stuff, talk about work horse equipment. Except for the back blower, the fuel line is a design flaw because it has to be constantly full of gas in order to run.

meyere60
03-21-2009, 05:46 PM
i like stihl chain saws, and echo for everything else. i like scag mowers, cause they are beefy, they dont dent, and are pretty dang reliable . and of course the good ole 94 ford f250 4x4 for a good work truck. my family likes all chevy, but i like ford trucks cause you can beat em and they hardly break. chevys like a rock, you have to kick it to move, lol. just kidding.

4.3mudder
03-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Here's some recent tree work I did, I'm in the picture.

There's was some other gys that were working on a cricle driveway behind the tree. There were 3 mexican guys supervising me, they were looking at me the whole time.

meyere60
03-22-2009, 04:16 PM
sweet dude. what size chain saw is that, in the picture it looks kind of small. could be the picture though.

4.3mudder
03-22-2009, 06:05 PM
ms192 t, with a 12 inch bar.

Ben's Landscape
03-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Nice Tree job!! I hate having other Landscaping companies staring at me and my work!! All i can do is either stare back or watch my equipment very closley!! Good luck in the '09season!! How do you like your stihl hedge trimmers by the way???

4.3mudder
03-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Nice Tree job!! I hate having other Landscaping companies staring at me and my work!! All i can do is either stare back or watch my equipment very closley!! Good luck in the '09season!! How do you like your stihl hedge trimmers by the way???

I like them both. I don't use the 72 a whole lot, but the 45 I use all the time. mostly because of the longer blades.

I don't know what there deal was staring at me the whole time. I accidentally got the pole saw stuck because I started cutting the tree on the wrong side and got the bar in a bind, they were just sitting there looking whle I was trying to get it out, thankfully I had my other hand pole saw. There were probably thinking "that dumb white boy over there :hammerhead::hammerhead:"

NEWGUYRI
03-24-2009, 06:53 PM
what type of stihl string trimmers do you have?

jasonk
03-24-2009, 11:26 PM
great set up hope u have a great season ,lake shore lawn property maintenance cedar creek lake texas,

4.3mudder
03-25-2009, 12:30 AM
what type of stihl string trimmers do you have?

I run 250 engines on the trimmer, edger, and pole saw. I have a KM110 also I use occasionally for hedges and so forth. Very powerful engines, I like them over the 4 mix engine and would choose them over 4 mix models any day.

I hope to have a great season, hope you do the same.

NEWGUYRI
03-25-2009, 08:22 AM
Thanks, I asked because I recently bought a FS 100RX

meyere60
03-25-2009, 04:43 PM
i have the stihl farm boss that is a 16 inch, but i have a 18 inch chain and bar for it as well. its a bad mofo.

4.3mudder
03-25-2009, 05:42 PM
i have the stihl farm boss that is a 16 inch, but i have a 18 inch chain and bar for it as well. its a bad mofo.

I had one of those and went up to a 440 magnum, you talk about power.

meyere60
03-26-2009, 05:22 PM
i think you ment a 44 magnum, i bet i does have a kick.. my dads got a couple guns, a m1 grand, a itallian made gun that you can switch barrels anywhere from a 22 to a 45, a 9mm, 35 berreta, a double pump shotgun, and a couple more etc. are you being sarcastic, lol.

4.3mudder
03-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Na, its a 440 magnum, it's not the older 044. It has some kickback, I need to get a new bar and chain. One of the guys bent the tip of the bar, don't know what the hell they did but pissed me off cuz it won't worth a darn now. Thinkin of a 36 inch bar and chain so I don't have to lean over so much to cut :hammerhead:

meyere60
03-27-2009, 01:57 PM
that sucks, dock it out there pay, or better yet treat him like a child and make him do all the cleanup. your either cutting down some big trees, or your just real lazy. lol or is that your sarcasm again. just kidding. its really slow in chicago il. its still cold, and the grass just isnt growing quite yet. hope its better where your at.

4.3mudder
03-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Aww, the grass is growing, I have been mowing for 3 weeks now, feels good to be working again.

J & D Greens
03-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Aww, the grass is growing, I have been mowing for 3 weeks now, feels good to be working again.

We just got dumped on with about 16" of wet snow, hope we get a few more storms like this so the grass starts greening up. If so we will start mowing soon. I can't what to get started! David

4.3mudder
03-28-2009, 12:29 AM
I was doing odd jobs a few weeks ago, but 3 weeks ago I finally started mowing again. We had 5 inches of rain in a couple of days so that helped out significantly, plus another half inch couple days ago. I'm already behind because of the rain, which is no problem, keeps me busy and out of trouble.

J & D Greens
03-28-2009, 12:48 AM
I have been doing a few clean-ups that I needed to do. And put a bid on some minor sod work for one of my regular accounts. It involves tearing out some small trees and about 700 sq. ft. of sod. It would be great to do but money's tight for a lot of people so he may put it off. I'm keeping very busy with my kids, I know my time will be very limited for them soon. I also grabbed a couple of fixer uppers ( 21" commercial mowers ). I have the Toro Proline ready. And I picked up a 21" exmark for $50 that I will need to invest in a couple cables and tires for, plus a little elbow grease and it should be a good mower. Still haven't taken the time to get moving on my front trailer cage. but I do have most of the materials. I have a vacation from my full time job this week and I might go ahead and start working on it? David

4.3mudder
03-28-2009, 10:20 AM
HA, I had a sod job too, but they decided to go to Dieney land. Aww. So, he wants to wait on that.

Man, thats what I did. I bought 2 exmark ztrs fixed them both up, sold one and kept the other. There were literally parts mower, and we somewhat stripped. I had to put a lot of money into both, but still came way ahead than buying a used one, then having to put money into it by whatever may be wrong with it. Saving money is what I like to do best.

J & D Greens
03-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Yeah: I really lucked out on the 2 stroke Proline some one was cleaning out his garage in Colorado springs just a couple of hours away. He sold me three Prolines that they used to strip and keep their other mowers running. There was enough parts to put together the one solid mower. ( two cables and two new treads for it and my friend had the air box he donated to me. ) I also got two Shindaiwa backpack weed sprayers that need new wands. ( I'm not sure if I'll use them or not honestly I'm not licensed to do any spraying yet); a residential Snapper mower that needed a carb. ( which my buddy also helped out with ) and a little wonder hedge trimmer that needs a handle and a carb kit or just new tubes through the gas tank ( it will fire with the carb. cleaner and run until it is exhausted ) so I'm sure it will be great as soon as I get to it. I got all this for $142.00 pretty sweat huh. David

4.3mudder
03-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Yeah: I really lucked out on the 2 stroke Proline some one was cleaning out his garage in Colorado springs just a couple of hours away. He sold me three Prolines that they used to strip and keep their other mowers running. There was enough parts to put together the one solid mower. ( two cables and two new treads for it and my friend had the air box he donated to me. ) I also got two Shindaiwa backpack weed sprayers that need new wands. ( I'm not sure if I'll use them or not honestly I'm not licensed to do any spraying yet); a residential Snapper mower that needed a carb. ( which my buddy also helped out with ) and a little wonder hedge trimmer that needs a handle and a carb kit or just new tubes through the gas tank ( it will fire with the carb. cleaner and run until it is exhausted ) so I'm sure it will be great as soon as I get to it. I got all this for $142.00 pretty sweat huh. David

Sound pretty good, we all have to start somewhere, and saving money is priority.

HappyGrasslawncare
03-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Great set up man. I myself am just getting started and hoping to rack up some cash for better gear next season. Is your trailer complete? If so any pics?

4.3mudder
03-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Great set up man. I myself am just getting started and hoping to rack up some cash for better gear next season. Is your trailer complete? If so any pics?

Not yet, maybe in another month. Have to work on the fenders, primer everything and paint it rustoleum hunter green. It is going to look nice. Good luck in the future to you

J & D Greens
03-29-2009, 12:45 AM
I can't wait to see your outfit all coordinated in your Forrest green. I think it will be off the hook!!! I posted some pics. of my trailer ramp that my neighbor and I built on another thread where he is building a ramp. Its is a small trailer but I have small yards and could only use a bigger mower on maybe three yards. It will fit two 21" mowers so I'm happy with it currently. I can also fit my snapper and my BillyGoat Vac. in it for clean-up work.

J & D Greens
03-29-2009, 12:47 AM
opps I meant hunter green

meyere60
03-29-2009, 02:29 PM
well here in Burbank il, near Chicago, we are suppose to get any where from 1-7 inches of snow depending if north or south. more north. i woke up at 5 am to see about 2 inches, and snowing like crazy. now at 12.28 pm the snow is all melted, what a bummer, didn't get to snowplow crap. im, ready for the cutting season anyways. for small mowers i have ariens with front swivel caster wheels, and 2 toro super recyclers, but good buys guys. hope everything works, and runs awesome. good luck in 09 fellas

farmboy1285
03-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Hey nathan do you have any pics of the truck in your avatar?? Its an old toyota right

4.3mudder
03-30-2009, 12:08 AM
Hey nathan do you have any pics of the truck in your avatar?? Its an old toyota right

Here's a link to a few pics of it. I still have a lot more. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=253192

HappyGrasslawncare
03-30-2009, 09:16 PM
heyy man just wondering how much your whole set up cost?

4.3mudder
03-31-2009, 12:05 AM
Everything new, around 16500 including the trailer, maybe 10 like it is now with everything used. but mostly everything there I bought used so it is hard to say. That push mower they no longer make in a 2 cylce, and they were over a grand a few years ago, but I bought it for 250 used. I try to save money as best I can.

LouisianaLawnboy
04-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Man thats a nice trailer. Thats the kind I want.

How much did you pay for it?

4.3mudder
04-23-2009, 10:27 AM
I think it was 750 for the trailer. 1 axle has brakes, finally got everything hooked up. This is a car hauler trailer, real heavy duty. I bought the trailer used form a friend of my grandfathers that was moving away.

LouisianaLawnboy
04-23-2009, 12:25 PM
I think it was 750 for the trailer. 1 axle has brakes, finally got everything hooked up. This is a car hauler trailer, real heavy duty. I bought the trailer used form a friend of my grandfathers that was moving away.

How long is it.

For 750.00 that was a steal. Did it come with the sides?

4.3mudder
04-23-2009, 05:57 PM
16 footer. Na, the sides were made by the same guy that did my other trailer. Ya, I was suprised I got it that low. It was half price than a new one too. :). I need to get it painted already, it has been almost a month now and rust is starting to develop. I have goten caught in the rain a few times :hammerhead: I plan on getting the cage built in a couple weeks though.

birdman0494
06-03-2009, 01:25 AM
hey how much does the stihl telescoping pole pruner cost from your dealer?

4.3mudder
06-03-2009, 09:35 AM
hey how much does the stihl telescoping pole pruner cost from your dealer?

I think they run around 600 or 650, haven't seen the prices of them lately. There expensive, but well worth it.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-03-2009, 10:25 AM
I think they run around 600 or 650, haven't seen the prices of them lately. There expensive, but well worth it.

Ya 600.00-700.00 brand new.

I got a Shindy multi tool for 250.00(with the trimmer attachment) and then bought the Pole Pruner attachment for 260.00 from the dealer. My only complaint is that the pruner is to light and bounces around a little. I have used the echo and they are really nice.

4.3mudder
06-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Ya, the pole pruner attachment from stihl is 200 bucks, then the kombi head, which ranges form 190-350, then the trimmer attachment is another 100. It adds up quick, but also saves lots of room, and maintainence because you only have one engine. Wish I had more accoutns to do to keep me busy and out of trouble. lol maybe not the trouble part but keeping me busy would sure help.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Wish I had more accoutns to do to keep me busy

Ya me too. What do you plan on doing to get more accounts?

4.3mudder
06-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Ya me too. What do you plan on doing to get more accounts?

Well, I'm not one of those who goes door to door advertising. Ya I know it helps to do that. I don't put out flyers either. Only things I have are shirts made up and signs on my truck.

Most of the accounts that I have been from word of mouth. I mean, if I was in the situation to find someone mow my lawn, I would like to see what kind of job they do and the overall apperance when they get through. Not just price. You buy a Kia Vs. a Cadillac, you get what you pay for. You pay the price for 100% quality vs. half azz. That is why I don't like to advertise, because I think a lot of people want to see the work that I have done. Which, that brings me to thinking that I can have a picture book of landscaping jobs and such. So, that's really the reason I don't advertise. But, I have a few people I do just from advertisment.

birdman0494
06-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Noo i was taling about the pruner you had there that seemed like it was non gas, my dealer has one and its pricey

LouisianaLawnboy
06-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Noo i was taling about the pruner you had there that seemed like it was non gas, my dealer has one and its pricey

Didn't know Stihl made hand tools, but I bought one like you are talking about from Wal-Mart for 20.00. Don't like it, and have never used it.

4.3mudder
06-03-2009, 09:08 PM

Which one, the small lopper on a pole, or the extension saw? Man, that extension saw. It is pricey, but it comes in handy. I had a bunch of limbs I had to trim somewhere, and the fuel line was bad on my other. So, I grabbed the manual and man does it work. Very lightweight. Cuts like a hot knife through butter. Plus, it extendes higher than the pole pruner with the engine. I think it runs around 260 new, but to me the amount that I use it is well worth it.

4.3mudder
06-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Didn't know Stihl made hand tools, but I bought one like you are talking about from Wal-Mart for 20.00. Don't like it, and have never used it.

Ya, they make a bunch of hand tools. You need to grab you a book at one of your dealers, or just go online to stihlusa.com and it gives you all the stuff they offer from boots to chaps.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Ya, they make a bunch of hand tools. You need to grab you a book at one of your dealers, or just go online to stihlusa.com and it gives you all the stuff they offer from boots to chaps.

I'm a Shindaiwa man:D

4.3mudder
06-04-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm a Shindaiwa man:D

HUH what? I thought you wanted the best commercial equipment out there. :laugh:

LouisianaLawnboy
06-04-2009, 10:09 AM
HUH what? I thought you wanted the best commercial equipment out there. :laugh:

I do that's why I got Shindaiwa:laugh::laugh::laugh:

4.3mudder
06-04-2009, 01:02 PM
I do that's why I got Shindaiwa:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ok now, I said commercial equipment, Shimdaiwa is not in that category. :hammerhead:

LouisianaLawnboy
06-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Ok now, I said commercial equipment, Shimdaiwa is not in that category. :hammerhead:

You are right. It's above that. :cool2:

One of these days I will try Stihl. For now though it is Shindaiwa(thats how you spell it, not ShiMdaiwa) NathAn

Rob

4.3mudder
06-05-2009, 12:55 AM
You are right. It's above that. :cool2:

One of these days I will try Stihl. For now though it is Shindaiwa(thats how you spell it, not ShiMdaiwa) NathAn

Rob

Oh, I was trying to spell is as Shamdiawa, I forgot to use an A instead the I, lol.

I know Stihl is above :weightlifter:, that's a no brainer :hammerhead:

birdman0494
06-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah the looper thats non gas how much did it cost you? and since youve got all those stihl tools you mind telling me how to find out the emmisions clas s on my fs 90 r? and think you save allot of time with that 250 compared to a 90?

birdman0494
06-08-2009, 01:11 PM
And oh yeah what were some of the flaws with the troybilt? would you buy it again?

4.3mudder
06-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Yeah the looper thats non gas how much did it cost you? and since youve got all those stihl tools you mind telling me how to find out the emmisions clas s on my fs 90 r? and think you save allot of time with that 250 compared to a 90?

That nonpowered saw cost around 250 or so BUt, it reaches higher than the gas powered one does. The pole that has the loper on the end was 100 bucks.

I like all those 250's I have, I never have problems with them, and I can run them through the entire RPM band compared to the 4 mix trimmers. I have used numerous time the 4 mix trimmers, and never can get an RPM to stay steady, it is always either too low or high, and if you get it on the high side, it tends to sling stuff everywhere.

And oh yeah what were some of the flaws with the troybilt? would you buy it again?

Aww the troy bilt, that is a whole other topic. I literally got so pissed on day I wrote a letter to MTD, but I never sent it.

For a homeowner I would not even recommend

Ride is bumpy as hell

You can't to slight slopes or you will have smoke coming everywhere from the exhaust

You can't mow in reverse. I crossed all the switches for that so I can do it.

It is very light, 600 pounds, compared to the z at being almsot 1200 pounds, It slides around every, does not hold ground well at all

Does not cut well at mid to high speeds.

Does not discharge grass worth a Shi&.

It can't me made into a mulcher.

I can go on and on, but there are a few of them.
I started out with it because money was tight., But it has served me well, I still use it a few times a week, but I really on the Z for everything else.

birdman0494
06-09-2009, 12:53 AM
wow definitley good to know because i see all these craigslist deals but im not the best with engines and i dont wanna buy an old mower and get screwed, An example a guy was selling a g15 for 500 bucks with 1800 hours lol And thanks for the info on the troy bilt

On another note do you save anytime with the 250 compared to a 90? And can you tell me if the 90 is a 50 125 or 275 emmisions engine?

4.3mudder
06-09-2009, 01:03 AM
I never had a 90. I don't know about time wise. Emmissions I do not know. All I know is those are the best 3 engines I have. Best trimmers hands down. Ask nosparkplugs, he will tell you the same thing.

birdman0494
06-09-2009, 01:29 AM
Youve got three 250s? thats 1500 bucks isnt it? WOW

4.3mudder
06-09-2009, 01:35 AM
One I bought new, the other 2 I bought very cheap because literaly they were wore out. I had to replace the cylinder/piston and rings in both and a few other things. Ever since, they have been great. Almost 3 years old and still going strong.

4.3mudder
06-09-2009, 01:35 AM
They are very expensive. I think they now I run 550. This is the last year for production, guessing because of price.

birdman0494
06-09-2009, 08:21 PM
oh if you dont mind me asking what are the rings? and howd you do it yourself?

4.3mudder
06-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Piston rings. I use a hose clamp to clamp around the rings and push the cylinder over it while th ehose clamp comes down the rings will go in the cylinder.

4.3mudder
06-11-2009, 10:40 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=278537

Recent tree and hedge job I did. Many more to be added this year.

lawnkid14
06-14-2009, 08:44 PM
how is the troy bilt holding up good or bad mower for 10 jobs a week

4.3mudder
06-14-2009, 09:13 PM
It is holding up well, already went through one deck and one drive belt. 200 hours for 2 years old.

LouisianaLawnboy
07-16-2009, 01:07 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=278537

Recent tree and hedge job I did. Many more to be added this year.

Are you getting anymore??? Whats your main advertisement? I need some work man.

4.3mudder
07-16-2009, 01:09 AM
LOL, I had some hedges I had to cut in half today, then take down some kind of tree bush things to 4 foot tall. People ask what I do, I tell them pretty much any kind of lawn work, I have it all on the back of my buisness card. Jobs like that for me come and go, it's the mowing that is steady all the time.

LouisianaLawnboy
07-16-2009, 01:15 AM
LOL, I had some hedges I had to cut in half today, then take down some kind of tree bush things to 4 foot tall. People ask what I do, I tell them pretty much any kind of lawn work, I have it all on the back of my buisness card. Jobs like that for me come and go, it's the mowing that is steady all the time.

I'd like to see your biz card.

Also what about advertisement?

4.3mudder
07-16-2009, 01:21 AM
I'd like to see your biz card.

Also what about advertisement?

Only advertisment is on my shirt and my truck magnet signs.

My business card links are at the bottom of this web link
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=268390

lyube
07-17-2009, 06:45 PM
I notice you like the fs250s..

So do I! Beastly trimmer. I can run several inches of line and leave a razor-straight edge job, not so if I use another trimmer because it won't handle the extra line very well.

4.3mudder
07-17-2009, 07:55 PM
I notice you like the fs250s..

So do I! Beastly trimmer. I can run several inches of line and leave a razor-straight edge job, not so if I use another trimmer because it won't handle the extra line very well.

They are the best of the best, nothing compares to them, I don't care what is offered. They might be expensive, but well worth it. They have lots of power, and never bog down when I use them. 2-3 pulls everytime. I would not trade them for any thing else.

LR3
08-19-2009, 03:41 AM
Awesome Nathan, good for you! All you young buck's in here doing good, motivated and making something for yourself.

4.3mudder
08-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Awesome Nathan, good for you! All you young buck's in here doing good, motivated and making something for yourself.

Thanks, there are hardly any of us around. Most want to do nothing, chase girls ( which I can relate to), play video games. And think working 5 hours in a day was hard work.

I hear crap like that all the time. "aww just got off work" if you only knew what work was......

LR3
08-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Thanks, there are hardly any of us around. Most want to do nothing, chase girls ( which I can relate to), play video games. And think working 5 hours in a day was hard work.

I hear crap like that all the time. "aww just got off work" if you only knew what work was......

This is true! Sometimes it takes others longer to see the light.... weather it be landscaping, waitering etc......
I'm a huge Call of Duty Modern fan. lol

mowerdude777
09-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Any updated pics? I know you added 2 wbs not that long ago

4.3mudder
09-29-2009, 12:49 AM
Any updated pics? I know you added 2 wbs not that long ago

I'l have to grab a couple next time i go out there. I still have both, the 32 inch i use all the time. That 37 I need to work on the deck for it. There are a couple of bad rust spots on it. But, everything else is fine. The deck is off of it right now to work on it. Hydros and all are fine. I had to buy 2 seal kits for the wheel motors and a few other things.

LouisianaLawnboy
09-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Hey, I love that sprayer. Fits good, and sprays pretty good. Nice meeting ya.
Posted via Mobile Device

4.3mudder
09-29-2009, 01:17 AM
Hey, I love that sprayer. Fits good, and sprays pretty good. Nice meeting ya.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey man, it was nice meeting you also. I still have not got to use mine yet. I need to make a rack to go on my trailer to hold it. I have so much going its not even funny. I have overloaded due to the tremendous amount of rain we have gotten in the past couple weeks.

LouisianaLawnboy
09-29-2009, 01:42 AM
Hey man, it was nice meeting you also. I still have not got to use mine yet. I need to make a rack to go on my trailer to hold it. I have so much going its not even funny. I have overloaded due to the tremendous amount of rain we have gotten in the past couple weeks.

Ya when I was there you guys really needed rain.
Posted via Mobile Device

4.3mudder
09-29-2009, 02:01 AM
Ya when I was there you guys really needed rain.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ya, and we got it, lots of it at one time.