PDA

View Full Version : My new business

SilverPeakServices
03-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Hello everybody on lawnsite.com!

I have started a new company this year after being laid off right after Christmas. I have really enjoyed reading all the great infromation here and hope to put all the great information to use. I have been in the construction industry for over 15 years, starting at the tender age of 18 (36 now) mowing lawns at a retirement facility. Most of my experience is in residential home repair, but I am looking to be a one stop shop for all of my customers. I'm getting ready to buy some equipment and a trailer, so I'm ready for the new season.

My first post here, so be gentle.:waving:

Thanks again,
Chris
www.silverpeakservices.com

DLAWNS
03-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Welcome to Lawnsite!

J & D Greens
03-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Good luck with your new venture. One word of advice. Try to stay debt free as much as possible, keep an eye on Craigs List for stuff. A lot of people are moving their equipment either to better stuff or 'cause it is tight. David

J & D Greens
03-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Buy the way, Nice web sight also!

SilverPeakServices
03-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Hey thanks! Right now the bank account is good. Got a decent severance from the company I worked for. I'm in this for the long haul, not a fly by night kind of person. Dealt with people like that in the past, no fun.

scagmower
03-10-2009, 03:03 PM
hey man you ll do good...starting off can be a little rough but once you get established you ll be in the money.....first thing is just getting your name out there...pass out flyers, door hangers, get some lawn signs made.....it will all pay off in the end....your website is nice too....your heading in the right direction.....hope it all works out for ya