PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Rain Sensor Advise Please

MEXANDME
03-08-2009, 11:01 AM
I have a customer that wants the irrigation to shut down right away when it starts to rain (one of those "the customer is always right" situations).

I read where the Hunter "Rain-Clik" (versus the Hunter "Mini-Clik") will do what this customer wants.

Have any of you used the Hunter "Rain-Clik", your opinions, advise, recommendations, etc.?

Thanks,

Ros

Kiril
03-08-2009, 11:09 AM
I read where the Hunter "Rain-Clik" (versus the Hunter "Mini-Clik") will do what this customer wants.

Yes it will.

Have any of you used the Hunter "Rain-Clik", your opinions, advise, recommendations, etc.?

If this is what you need to do, then the rain-clik is your only Hunter based option.

Wet_Boots
03-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Rain Clik is quicker, but none of them will thrill someone watching it start to rain while the sprinklers are running.

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Bondage to Spiritual Faith
Spiritual Faith to Courage
Courage to Freedom
Freedom to Abundance
Abundance to Selfishness
Selfishness to Complacency
Complacency to Apathy
Apathy to Fear
Fear to Dependency
Dependency to Bondage

Oh rats I thought I was on Facebooks. Oh well I'll leave it anyway.

Wet_Boots
03-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Time to adjust the meds, Fimco :)

mowerman111
03-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Time to adjust the meds, Fimco :)

Adjust Hell, I think he forgot take them at all :laugh:

Jason Rose
03-08-2009, 11:52 AM
I guess I've never seen a Rain Clik in use. All I've ever used/seen is the Mini Clik. The Rain seems like a neat deal, with the instant shutoff, BUT what if it has been hot a dry and a quick shower pops up in the early AM? Not enough rainfall to help the turf, but now the irrigation is shut off for that cycle.

I don't know about all that... I kinda like the Mini because it actually measures the rainfall. (Im sure it's nowhere near accurite though).

I know one thing, don't go with a wireless unit unless you absolutely have too... Who wants to be replacing batteries?

Wet_Boots
03-08-2009, 11:57 AM
I think the Hunter wireless units get replaced in their entirety.

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-08-2009, 12:14 PM
TYRANT

Dadgummit I thought this was my scrabble game. Oh well I'll leave it anyway.

Kiril
03-08-2009, 12:25 PM
I guess I've never seen a Rain Clik in use. All I've ever used/seen is the Mini Clik. The Rain seems like a neat deal, with the instant shutoff, BUT what if it has been hot a dry and a quick shower pops up in the early AM? Not enough rainfall to help the turf, but now the irrigation is shut off for that cycle.

I don't know about all that... I kinda like the Mini because it actually measures the rainfall. (Im sure it's nowhere near accurite though).

So does the rain clik, and probably more accurately as well.

http://www.hunterindustries.com/Support/Installation_Adjustment/Sensors/rainclikinstruct.html

Unlike other rain sensors, you do not need to figure out the setting for rainfall shutoff. The Rain-Clik is self-adjusting. Your sprinkler system will be shut down within the first few minutes of any rainfall, yet the total amount of rain received is registered inside the unit and determines how long your system will stay off. Less rain - less time off… More rain - more time off. This is why the Rain-Clik will make your system more efficient: no other rain sensor correlates rainfall amounts with climatic evaporation rates better, so your system will run only when necessary.

I know one thing, don't go with a wireless unit unless you absolutely have too... Who wants to be replacing batteries?

True ... however if it is anything like the WMSL15 and claims are true, I think replacing the battery once every 10 years or so isn't that big of a hassle.

Wet_Boots
03-08-2009, 12:28 PM
TYRANT

Dadgummit I thought this was my scrabble game. Oh well I'll leave it anyway.One thing I've learned from the Hoyle imitation, is lots of British and Scottish archaic words and slang.

DanaMac
03-08-2009, 12:40 PM
True ... however if it is anything like the WMSL15 and claims are true, I think replacing the battery once every 10 years or so isn't that big of a hassle.

I'd rather have a battery to replace every few years than having 10'-100' or so of wiring showing. Run along the garage wall, along the outside of the house, along the fence, or whatever. It's called new (fairly new) technology. Embrace it.

Kinda like switching to MP rotators, remotes, or even digital controllers.

ARGOS
03-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Tyrant
i
r
a
d
e

Wet_Boots
03-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Tyrant
i
r
a
d
e(he's on a talking points email list)

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Tyrant
i
revolt
a
d
e

ARGOS
03-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Tyrant
i
revolt
a...b
d...a
e...m
.....a

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Tyrant
i
revolt
a...b
d...a
e...m
.....ayres

Kiril
03-08-2009, 02:28 PM
i
revolt
a...b
d...a
e...m
.....ayres
.............u
.............c
.............t
.............i
.............o
.............n

Wet_Boots
03-08-2009, 02:34 PM
i
revolt
a...b
d...a
e...m
.....ayres
.............u
.............c
.............t
.............i
.............o
.............n..incompoops

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-08-2009, 02:41 PM
i
revolt
a...b
d...a
e...m
.....ayres
.............u
.............c
.............t
.............i
.............o
.............n..incompoops

I challenge this word.

Wet_Boots
03-08-2009, 02:47 PM
I challenge this word.You're just jealous because I used all my tiles. :p

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-08-2009, 02:52 PM
You're just jealous because I used all my tiles. :p

Seeing as how you only get 7 tiles you were cheating as well. LOSE TURN

And Kiril didn't post the whole board so he loses his word as well.
.........d
.........e
.........f
........i
........c
........i
Tyrant
i
revolt
a...b
d...a
e...m
.....ayres

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-08-2009, 02:55 PM
(he's on a talking points email list)

Actually I googled WHY DEMOCRACIES FAIL

Wet_Boots
03-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Ohhh, sure. I believe that. :nono: Just like I believe in the Easter Bunny. There's a reason that identical obscure talking points show up simultaneously on forums.

Kiril
03-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Seeing as how you only get 7 tiles you were cheating as well. LOSE TURN

And Kiril didn't post the whole board so he loses his word as well.
.........d
.........e
.........f
........i
........c
........i
Tyrant
i
revolt
a...b
d...a
e...m
.....ayres

oops.

.........d
.........e
.........f
........i
........c
........i
Tyrant
i
revolt
a...b
d...a
e...m
.....ayres
.............u
.............c
.............t
.............i
.............o
.............n

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Ohhh, sure. I believe that. :nono: Just like I believe in the Easter Bunny. There's a reason that identical obscure talking points show up simultaneously on forums.

It's the twuth dude. Now I will admit that I heard a discussion on my trip referring to a certain author and in trying to find his book I came across this web page.

http://www.alexrudloff.com/2009/02/05/why-democracies-fail/

I am not a member of the heritage foundation or any other e-mail group.
I find that if you don't assimilate info on your own and regurgitate it in your own words you can't wage a very good argument.

Also I swore off all discussion forums except this one (irrigation)

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-08-2009, 03:41 PM

It's the twuth dude. Now I will admit that I heard a discussion on my trip referring to a certain author and in trying to find his book I came across this web page.

http://www.alexrudloff.com/2009/02/05/why-democracies-fail/

I am not a member of the heritage foundation or any other e-mail group.
I find that if you don't assimilate info on your own and regurgitate it in your own words you can't wage a very good argument.

Wet_Boots
03-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Double posts are proof positive of disingenuousness :)

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Double posts are proof positive of disingenuousness :)

disingenuousness is this a word?

Not sure why you feel shutting down a point of view you disagree with is a model for great leadership. Why don't you educate on collectivism? If it is such a great form of government it should be clear to everybody coming from a voice of reason like you.

I'll tell you what Boots I don't want to aggravate everybody in the irrigation area but if you want to have a debate on collectivism or whatever it is you spout vs market forces, freedom, and God endowed rights I will gladly meet you anywhere anytime.

hoskm01
03-08-2009, 05:56 PM
You farts should meet every Sunday afternoon at 2 for Scrabble, the real version...

http://www.games.com/game/scrabble-blast/

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-08-2009, 05:59 PM
You farts should meet every Sunday afternoon at 2 for Scrabble, the real version...

http://www.games.com/game/scrabble-blast/

I play for free on fcbks against my daughter. Boots would have to give up his identity and that would never happen.

hoskm01
03-08-2009, 06:04 PM
I play for free on fcbks against my daughter. Boots would have to give up his identity and that would never happen.
HAHA. Its a fun game. Upwords too!

Wet_Boots
03-08-2009, 06:05 PM
disingenuousness is this a word?If it isn't, it should be.

Not sure why you feel shutting down a point of view you disagree with is a model for great leadership. Why don't you educate on collectivism? If it is such a great form of government it should be clear to everybody coming from a voice of reason like you.Me a voice of reason? {the kind of leadership you can expect from me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnHRTmZGS6g&NR=1)}

I'll tell you what Boots I don't want to aggravate everybody in the irrigation area but if you want to have a debate on collectivism or whatever it is you spout vs market forces, freedom, and God endowed rights I will gladly meet you anywhere anytime.Gee, you set up easier than a brand-new duckpin. :p When I read the same 200+ year-old words in more than one location on the same site in the same day, it's no reach to expect that someone has been reading their emails - But I'll suspect the other guy before you, especially if you're given to listen to talk radio for more than eight hours in a day. :)

Mike Leary
03-08-2009, 06:09 PM
disingenuousness is this a word?

It is, and very descriptive; we've all met quite a few who show that trait. Including some from this forum. :dizzy:

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-08-2009, 06:11 PM
If it isn't, it should be.

Me a voice of reason? {the kind of leadership you can expect from me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnHRTmZGS6g&NR=1)}

Gee, you set up easier than a brand-new duckpin. :p When I read the same 200+ year-old words in more than one location on the same site in the same day, it's no reach to expect that someone has been reading their emails - But I'll suspect the other guy before you, especially if you're given to listen to talk radio for more than eight hours in a day. :)

Boots quit using a fraud argument. The same argument you are using is the same one all you liberals are coached to give anytime you want to shut down a point of view that defeats your dream society. I've seen your statement used countless times. It is a chcknsht way to argue in my opinion.

Wet_Boots
03-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Boots quit using a fraud argument. The same argument you are using is the same one all you liberals are coached to give anytime you want to shut down a point of view that defeats your dream society. I've seen your statement used countless times. It is a chcknsht way to argue in my opinion."Oh show me, the way, to the next point of view
Oh, don't ask why. Ohh, don't ask why."

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-08-2009, 06:23 PM
"Oh show me, the way, to the next point of view
Oh, don't ask why. Ohh, don't ask why."

Oh my Lawd...Thank you... Now I finally understand how our President is leading us.

If only he was Will Smith which is who most voters thought they were voting for.

DanaMac
03-08-2009, 08:06 PM

Or at least a no holds barred cage match :)