PDA

View Full Version : License need to plant 7 shrubs?

jemvai
03-08-2009, 12:53 PM
I am primarily a mowing operation, and got a call from a longtime friend to plant 7 shrubs in back of the building he just purchased, because planning and zoning said he had to and needs an estimate.

I believe I need an landscapers license for this, but i may be wrong, could anybody help me out on this one? Thanks guys!

Sweet Tater
03-08-2009, 03:09 PM
just call your city hall and ask , its differnt everywhere so unless someone from your area sees your post you probably wont get a straight answer

got-h2o
03-08-2009, 03:35 PM
X2. Everywhere is different. Here, as long as I'm licensed in the town I can do pretty much whatever I want (within reason obviously). Certain jobs may require a permit, but I'd never do so to plant 7 items that's for sure. Give a quick call and check, better to be safe than sorry.

jemvai
03-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks guys, i'll check tomorrow

ed2hess
03-08-2009, 07:31 PM
You are thinking about this way way too much , go plant the plants and be done with it. If somebody ask just say you are helping out a friend.

hackitdown
03-08-2009, 07:41 PM
You will need a Class K Hand-Shovel Operators License. I suggest that you join the Dirt Removal Union local 86. Don't forget your $10,000,000 liability policy, in case you hit a hidden rock and bend your shovel. Do you have a pesticide license?

Or just buy the plants, dig the holes, and stick them in.

Grits
03-08-2009, 09:51 PM
You are thinking about this way way too much , go plant the plants and be done with it. If somebody ask just say you are helping out a friend.

Dang it, Ed2Hess.....you and I are on the same wavelength today! I was going to post the same thing.

charlie g
03-08-2009, 11:02 PM
There is no landscaping license to speak of in ct. But you do need a home improvement license because you are changing the appearance of the building.
Go to ct.gov and find consumer protection they have the application there it's 160.00 dollars.