PDA

View Full Version : Narrow tires on older model stander causing ruts, New large tire Upgrades Possible?

m_t_ramsay
03-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi I have an older model stander 36 with the narrow tires and i wanted to know if the new larger tires will fit on the hubs without a problem, also is there any other upgrades i can do to the older models that affect performance? Thanks Matt

WrightCommercial
03-09-2009, 10:12 AM
m t ramsey,

The older version 36" can use the 42" tire assembly (18 X 8.50 - 8), but the trim edge will disappear and you won't be able to mount a catcher. The new model had to be redesigned in order for the larger tire to work and still provide trim edge and use of a catcher. Are the older models you speak of small Standers or other models as well? And what areas of performance are you looking for on the older units?

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.

m_t_ramsay
03-09-2009, 11:10 PM
if the tires stick out will that effect the cut of the grass, and will the wider tires make a big difference?

WrightCommercial
03-10-2009, 10:36 AM
m t ramsey,

As far as the actual cut of the grass, it shouldn't effect it but the stripping might look different since the tires would be wider than the cutter deck. And the biggest difference will probably be the increased hill holding ability with the wider tire.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.