PDA

View Full Version : My New Addition

IntegrityGuy
03-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I drove down to wilson NC to pick up a exmark turf tracer hp 48'' electric start. It was forsale on here earlier by patrick (Grassmasterswilosn). Everyone gave him hell when he said it had low hours ( he said around 20). The mower does have about 40 hours or so. All it needed was a bath and here are some before and after pics.

here are some before pics.

IntegrityGuy
03-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Here are some after pics.

IntegrityGuy
03-08-2009, 05:49 PM
heres more after pics with the front wheels clean.

DaughtryLC
03-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Nice!, I guess those guys aren't :laugh: anymore!!

IntegrityGuy
03-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Nice!, I guess those guys aren't :laugh: anymore!!

Ya there still laughing, but at themselves this time. :hammerhead:

I drove 18 hours round trip to get this. And got an expensive ticket for my trailer lights being out becuase i took my smallest piece of junk trailer.

ambersLawnmowing
03-08-2009, 06:12 PM
How hard is it to get use to those style handles? Just looks wierd to me. Nice mower but handles look uncomfy. Best of luck to you with it...

DaughtryLC
03-08-2009, 06:14 PM
I just want to say again "That Was A Hell Of A Deal"

honeydopm
03-08-2009, 06:41 PM
You must have got a great deal to travel that far-nice mower

South Florida Lawns
03-08-2009, 06:41 PM
There's one by my house for sale almost identical to that one 48" 17hp for $700 its a couple years older think the guy said 05'.

CoupesCuts
03-08-2009, 06:44 PM
How hard is it to get use to those style handles? Just looks wierd to me. Nice mower but handles look uncomfy. Best of luck to you with it...

The ECS handles are awesome. They are a life saver. Takes no time at all to get used to them. I got some carpel-tunnel from using the standard pistol grips for years. I wouldn't switch back.

chrissmart123
03-08-2009, 07:07 PM
the ECS is absoulty the best by far...use it for 5 min and you'll get the hang of it

IntegrityGuy
03-08-2009, 07:19 PM

they are not hard at all. It takes one day to learn how to be good at it, and a week to be an expert. The style puts less stress on your fingers.

IntegrityGuy
03-08-2009, 07:20 PM
I just want to say again "That Was A Hell Of A Deal"

Yes it was, well worth the drive too. I paid 2000$ for the mower and spent 200$ on gas and a hotel room. so all in all it cost me 2200$ for a mower thats worth 3500$ if not more.

IntegrityGuy
03-08-2009, 07:24 PM
There's one by my house for sale almost identical to that one 48" 17hp for $700 its a couple years older think the guy said 05'.

Buy it. Around me a piece of crap turf tracer hp with 1500 hours goes for 2100$. You could sell that for 1800$ and make some quick cash.

My initial intensions was to buy the mower clean it and then sell it. But i fell in love with it and am not going to sell it. I really like this model too because its not to heavy and big like the turf tracers, and it has the floating deck.

Nick's Lawn Care
03-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Yes it was, well worth the drive too. I paid 2000$ for the mower and spent 200$ on gas and a hotel room. so all in all it cost me 2200$ for a mower thats worth 3500$ if not more.

Nice mower joe, are you sure you dont want to trade mowers?:laugh:

I think you need a new camera because it looks way better in person...

IntegrityGuy
03-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Nice mower joe, are you sure you dont want to trade mowers?:laugh:

I think you need a new camera because it looks way better in person...

Ya it does look better in person. what are you talking about, my camera is awsome, i got it at walmart for 29.99$ :laugh:

Nick's Lawn Care
03-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Ya it does look better in person. what are you talking about, my camera is awsome, i got it at walmart for 29.99$ :laugh:

Huh.... walmart??:laugh:

4.3mudder
03-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Day and night difference when something is given a bath. Nice mower

PORTER 05
03-08-2009, 07:52 PM
what year is that machine and what did you use to clean it, wow thats a good deal only $2,000. I just bought a 2007 Exmark 48" /15 kawi 35 HRS Vikeing with sulkie for $2,995.

and ya the ECS are amazing, it took me 5-10 mins to get down, youre hands will not get tired the enitre day, atleast mine dont.

IntegrityGuy
03-08-2009, 08:02 PM
what year is that machine and what did you use to clean it, wow thats a good deal only $2,000. I just bought a 2007 Exmark 48" /15 kawi 35 HRS Vikeing with sulkie for $2,995.

and ya the ECS are amazing, it took me 5-10 mins to get down, youre hands will not get tired the enitre day, atleast mine dont.

That viking was a really good deal.

IF you look at all of the plastic, like the gas tank, engine and other stuff, It was all really white and warn out from baking in the sun and getting gas poured on it. I used Armorall in a spray bottle for the plastic and the paint. I also bought armorall wheel cleaner (not tire cleaner) and it got off all of the really hard grass on the rims.

If your plastic is white it will take several different wip downs of armorall to soak into the plastic. Mine took 5 different applications.

PORTER 05
03-08-2009, 08:08 PM
ya this machine is pritty much brand new i dont think ill need to do any cleaning, the front wheels are alittle dirty ill need to blast them. Ya i think i got an ok deal on it, did you see it on ebay also??? It was only on for 2 days and i bought it, it was to good of a deal to let sit there. Its getting shipped on monday i should have it tues or wed, though it might rain wed so ill pick it up thur dont want to drive an hr in the rain with it on the trailor.

IntegrityGuy
03-08-2009, 08:14 PM
No i didnt see it on ebay. Hope everything goes great with your mower. I was worried about the rain as well on my way back, but it held off luckily. My buddy has a viking that we use and it by far is the best wb i have driven. It is very light, fast, manuverable, and has a great cut. I would have rather bought a viking but again this deal was too good. The vikings can go on any slope and are great for those steep hills with fences at the bottom.

Kennedy Landscaping
03-08-2009, 08:55 PM
That mower looks great! I love to keep my equipment nice. Good luck with your new machine this season!

IntegrityGuy
03-08-2009, 09:33 PM
That mower looks great! I love to keep my equipment nice. Good luck with your new machine this season!

Ya i am OCD about my equipment. I have had plenty of good oppertunities to buy dirt cheap mowers and none of them were in really good shape so i declined.

Good luck to you to this season as well.

PORTER 05
03-08-2009, 09:48 PM
ya im pritty excited about the new machine, im glad i dont have to walk anymore i can stand on the velkie. The TTHP's are awsome mowers too, ive never ran one but everyone says they are amazing and the floating decks are great.

IntegrityGuy
03-08-2009, 09:52 PM
ya im pritty excited about the new machine, im glad i dont have to walk anymore i can stand on the velkie. The TTHP's are awsome mowers too, ive never ran one but everyone says they are amazing and the floating decks are great.

Well the floating deck sounds like it is better but i have used both machines before and i prefer the fixed. The cut on the viking was very even but the hp's seemed like the height was different all over the yard? maybe soemthing was wrong with the one i had used in the past but i know it wasnt that great. I did get a chance to take mine out and test it and i do seem to like it alot better than my past experiences.

southeastlawn
03-08-2009, 10:02 PM
I cant believe you drove to NC and didnt let me buy you a beer...WTF? What'd you think of the place...especially Wilson, thats like my town, just about 40min. away.

IntegrityGuy
03-08-2009, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=southeastlawn;2834794]I cant believe you drove to NC and didnt let me buy you a beer...WTF? What'd you think of the place...especially Wilson, thats like my town, just about 40min. away.[/QUOTE

I would have loved to take a beer :drinkup: but i think you would have gotten in trouble, I am only seventeen. :hammerhead: I like wilson alot. I didnt go to down town wilson but we met off of I-95 at aunt ? pancake house that was closed down. I was there for about 30 minutes and headed back.

southeastlawn
03-08-2009, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE=southeastlawn;2834794]I cant believe you drove to NC and didnt let me buy you a beer...WTF? What'd you think of the place...especially Wilson, thats like my town, just about 40min. away.[/QUOTE

I would have loved to take a beer :drinkup: but i think you would have gotten in trouble, I am only seventeen. :hammerhead: I like wilson alot. I didnt go to down town wilson but we met off of I-95 at aunt ? pancake house that was closed down. I was there for about 30 minutes and headed back.

I didnt realize you were a young'in...haha good old "closed down pancake house on I95"...there are about 10 of those in NC...were biscuit people, we dont eat no stinkin pancakes. Glad your happy with the mower, you got it from a northern part of NC so there is no need to worry about it being "sand blasted" from mowing bermuda at 1/2 an inch in sandy soils...around Raleigh/Wilson its mostly Fescue. Enjoy!

South Florida Lawns
03-09-2009, 12:19 AM
yeah that thing looks 10 times better all cleaned up.

Oh and I found for cleaning lawnmowers and stuff use some bleach in a spray bottle it removes all the junk thats on the deck so fast, and makes the wheels bright white. Any greasy areas use some citrus degreaser.

IntegrityGuy
03-09-2009, 08:57 AM
yeah that thing looks 10 times better all cleaned up.

Oh and I found for cleaning lawnmowers and stuff use some bleach in a spray bottle it removes all the junk thats on the deck so fast, and makes the wheels bright white. Any greasy areas use some citrus degreaser.

Thatnks for the tip.

EagleGrounds
03-09-2009, 10:55 AM
if you stop by my house this afternoon, ill trade you my crapsman for it + $5 :laugh::laugh::laugh:

jk, but great mower!

Im not a big fan of ECS, last time i used one i about totaled dans lol

I like my T-Bar, it works great!

IntegrityGuy
03-09-2009, 11:27 AM
if you stop by my house this afternoon, ill trade you my crapsman for it + $5 :laugh::laugh::laugh:

jk, but great mower!

haha, ya i remember dan telling me about that. They are actually very simple but it is just something to get used to. Youll have to drive it sometime when i get a proslide sulky for it. The proslides are really cool, I wasnt going to get one but I was going to buy a sulky and a striping kit and i thought why not just buy the proslide and knock out 2 birds with one stone. Its definentaly wierd to drive because you feel like the geanie on a majic carpet.

Nick's Lawn Care
03-09-2009, 01:27 PM
haha, ya i remember dan telling me about that. They are actually very simple but it is just something to get used to. Youll have to drive it sometime when i get a proslide sulky for it. The proslides are really cool, I wasnt going to get one but I was going to buy a sulky and a striping kit and i thought why not just buy the proslide and knock out 2 birds with one stone. Its definentaly wierd to drive because you feel like the geanie on a majic carpet.

PROSLIDE = AWESOME:cool2:
:laugh:

IntegrityGuy
03-09-2009, 02:09 PM

jk, but great mower!

Oh and ya ill trade you. You give me your crapsman and 4000$ and youll have a deal. I estimate the value of the crapsman at 150$.

newtostone
03-09-2009, 02:50 PM
If your not mowing to many hills I would recommend a fixed two wheel velke type. They are great for backing up a lot and pull very easy. The major downfall is if you have to pull it up and down all day for space on the trailer or when you want to walk next to the mower on hills.

http://www.trimmertrap.com/sulky/bull2.htm
Hmmmm cant remember the brand I had but something like that.

IntegrityGuy
03-09-2009, 04:24 PM
If your not mowing to many hills I would recommend a fixed two wheel velke type. They are great for backing up a lot and pull very easy. The major downfall is if you have to pull it up and down all day for space on the trailer or when you want to walk next to the mower on hills.

http://www.trimmertrap.com/sulky/bull2.htm
Hmmmm cant remember the brand I had but something like that.

Ya ive gone back and forth. Currently on all of our other wb we use jungle wheels 2 wheel sulky, it is sort of like a velke. I love them alot but i thought i might try a proslide for the added striping affect.

mowerbrad
03-09-2009, 04:51 PM
One of the companies in my area only uses TTHP's and TT's with proslides. They look like quite an efficiant set-up, and those guys don't miss a beat when stepping on and off the proslide, never once to they have to stop the machine to get on or off. You will be happy with the proslide I am sure.

J&R Landscaping
03-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Nice mower! Good luck with it this season!

02DURAMAX
03-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Nice Mower!

I may look into a 52"

Ben's Landscape
03-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Nice mower!!! you stole it!!! Good luck this season with it.

IntegrityGuy
03-09-2009, 09:39 PM
:laugh:Nice mower!!! you stole it!!! Good luck this season with it.

Haha yeah i sure did.

lifetree
03-09-2009, 10:08 PM

What about the cost of that expensive ticket ... and also the cost for 2 days of your time ??

IntegrityGuy
03-09-2009, 10:14 PM
:laugh:What about the cost of that expensive ticket ... and also the cost for 2 days of your time ??

Well what ticket are you talking about? I didnt fly because i didnt know if they would let me bring my mower as a carry on. :laugh:

And i dont work on weekends, I promised myself i never would so theres no money lost.

I think you might be a little jealous. :laugh: just kidding.

STIHL GUY
03-09-2009, 10:21 PM
thats a practically new mower

IntegrityGuy
03-09-2009, 10:33 PM
thats a practically new mower

Ya basically,

I just took it into my familys good friends commercial equipment dealer to have a break system and an hourmeter put on it. I was going to buy a wright stander form them so when i went in they thought i was here to take one off their hands but when i told them that i was here for a used mower i just bought they thought it was going to be junk. They went outside and were amazed to see a used mower in such good shape.