PDA

View Full Version : Profit

SHANESHAW
03-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Starting a new business what should be percent of profit i should make per year,month,per week,on a job which it would be lawn maintenance,fall clean up,spring clean up and etc.

ambersLawnmowing
03-08-2009, 06:08 PM
That will vary from one LCO to another. What are you paying yourself? What are you paying for equipment? What are you paying your help? After all the bills are paid. After you figure that out, that is what a profit is. Most of the time it will be small with just starting out because you have alot of overhead, with payments. Remember it is your Business, just because some makes 39% profit on a job doesnt mean that is what you will make. You price different you work dif. and payments will never be the same. Best of luck to you.

joe the lawn guy
03-08-2009, 06:16 PM
1/3 labor
1/3 material
1/3 profit

this is the best place to start

ambersLawnmowing
03-08-2009, 06:27 PM
1/3 labor
1/3 material
1/3 profit

this is the best place to start

Not even close....

ed2hess
03-08-2009, 08:28 PM
I don't know why you say 30% isn't close that should be low side and the upside might be as high as 60%. We have no idea what kind of overhead this guy might have. If you use a murray and a can of gas out of a car trunk and don't pay taxes and insurance you should make around 80%.

terrapro
03-08-2009, 09:24 PM
profit after taxes anything more than 35-40% should put a smile on your face and your doing good

bohiaa
03-08-2009, 09:35 PM
try NOT to look at it as EOY, or even monthly,
Keep a VERY CLOSE eye on your profet margin per job, you will find it varys tremendsely.
the ideal situwation, having an entire block.

this cuts down on windshield time, one of my largest profet margins is a home that we service " WHEN IT NEEDS IT" it takes about 2 to 3 minutes.
the gentleman wants to keep the city off him. so we hit it about 2 to 3 times a month.
charge him 30.00 that's like 10.00 a minute.

while larger customers we stay at 80 to 90 per hour.

Best of luck

joe the lawn guy
03-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Not even close....

If you know it all than why are you asking ? This is the only place to start unless you start by your self . If that is the case than its hard to get the better jobs . where are you figures? you probably make less & live with mom ?

bohiaa
03-09-2009, 11:49 AM
If you know it all than why are you asking ? This is the only place to start unless you start by your self . If that is the case than its hard to get the better jobs . where are you figures? you probably make less & live with mom ?

IF... and I do mean IF, a person had it the way Joe said this truly would be a GREAT place to start.

ambersLawnmowing
03-09-2009, 03:03 PM

Oh, you are funny. I am 31 years old. Have owned my own home since i was 18, I have no parents they died when i was 12. I lived with my aunt until 17. But now since you know it all you already new that. I also didnt ask the question. Next time you log onto the internet check into the G.E.D program and learn to read.

White Gardens
03-10-2009, 03:17 AM
Starting a new business what should be percent of profit i should make per year,month,per week,on a job which it would be lawn maintenance,fall clean up,spring clean up and etc.

Profit, what profit.

Hopefully you'll be able to show a profit in three years, sometimes it takes five.

humble1
03-14-2009, 12:21 AM

bes tmoney you can spend- book on building a buisness plan, idiots guide to small biz.