PDA

View Full Version : Truck Ramp Help???

American_Lawn
03-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I plan on ditching the trailer this year and I need some help. I have an 05 f150 and I want to put a tailgater ramp on the back. I only plan on putting my 34in toro mini z, a 21, and the handhelds will be on racks. I am worried about the 34 mini z making it up the ramp. Is the mower going to make the angle from the ground without hanging up? Right now my trailer has a dovetail with a 3ft gate and it loads fine. But if the gate goes lower than normal, the engine protector catches and my rear tires lift off the ground.

My plan was cutting about 3 inches off the cover so I can go up and down without catching. I was thinking about taking the cover off, but it protects the engine from walls and fences. I dont want to buy the ramp, install it, modify the mower, and it not work.
Any suggestions?

4.3mudder
03-08-2009, 07:35 PM
have you thought about putting a utility bed on the back and taking the stock bed off. There are a couple threads with which a guy has a Dodge pickup that has it on there.

American_Lawn
03-08-2009, 08:12 PM
I looked into it last season and they Quoted me $2500. This ramp is only 1000. If money was not a problem, I would do a flatbed.My other option is getting a 5x8 trailer just for the mini z. v

4.3mudder
03-08-2009, 09:37 PM
You could actually make your own ramp to go on the back with out your tailgate on the bed. That would save you a lot of money.

green_mark
03-09-2009, 03:24 PM
check out www.handyramp.com

cantoo
03-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Don't waste the time on a ramp. Install a swival cherry picker hoist with electric winch and lift it on. Likely close to same price as ramp and can be used to lift other materials too. And no I don't have one but the tire guys use them and look like then would work great.

hchase86
06-18-2009, 02:01 PM
If you don't want to have to worry about putting a ramp on ;your truck, you should check out what Uhaul has to offer. They sell their old Uhaul box trucks that have ramps on them. It can come in really useful!