PDA

View Full Version : Paddle attachment for spring clean up

Ray&Christine
03-08-2009, 07:50 PM
I have echo PAS 260 line trimmer and want to buy paddle attachement on grass for spring sand clean up. I have read in other posts it works great.

My question is I have gravel on grass I want to clean up. Does it clean up gravel too?

Also, I have to sweep sand away from curbs in a big paved parking lot. Does the paddle work on pavement?

christine

RonB
03-08-2009, 11:50 PM
I have not used those paddle things but if others recommend them..

What I'm wondering is using that little thing on a big parking lot. At best wouldn't it just move the sand maybe a foot from the curb? Doesn't it need to be removed?

Sounds like you need a sweeper for that job.

Ray&Christine
03-09-2009, 12:02 AM
We are not using it to sweep the whole parking lot, just a foot or so from the curb so the sweeper can get the sand.

newtostone
03-09-2009, 01:21 AM
I have the Stihl power broom I think its called, I think thats the same thing you are talking about...Love It. Use it on getting sand and dirt out of lawns cleaning up small areas of blacktop anything you need, even a light snow its great on walkways.

Just be careful you'll think great I can do so much work with this thing, your body will really feel it after a long day. My advice is to switch who is using it every hour or so, that way no one person gets their body beat too badly.

Ray&Christine
03-09-2009, 10:14 AM
This is what it looks like:

http://www.echo.ca/products_detailed.aspx?CategoryID=3&ProductID=40

G&G Maintenace
03-09-2009, 12:05 PM
It works great for removing sand away from curbs. I use one in a large condo complex that has lots of curbs and we go along and throw the sand away from the curb into the road so the sweeper can get at it easier.

Ray&Christine
03-09-2009, 12:57 PM
thanks for reply's I shall give it a try
christine

logjammer
03-09-2009, 03:46 PM
We have one and it works great for getting gravel out of turf areas. If and when you get it, you may want to flip the paddle upside down, so that it is pulling debris towards you, instead of pushing them away from you. You will get a little dirtier, but it is much easier to use. Another tip is to let the machine do the work, employees seem to want to lift it more than they have to, which wears you out quickly.

Jeff

newtostone
03-09-2009, 05:03 PM
We have one and it works great for getting gravel out of turf areas. If and when you get it, you may want to flip the paddle upside down, so that it is pulling debris towards you, instead of pushing them away from you. You will get a little dirtier, but it is much easier to use. Another tip is to let the machine do the work, employees seem to want to lift it more than they have to, which wears you out quickly.

Jeff

I have tried that but the paddle always seems to pull its self out of the shaft which causes me to have to stop and take it off place the shaft of the trimmer back in the attachment and then get going again. If there is a trick to it please share.

Runner
03-09-2009, 05:26 PM
You must not be tightening the attachment up enough on the shaft enough or perhaps it's not all the way on. It shouldn't just pull off.
Running these upside down (with the whole attachment just mounted 180 degrees around) IS the way to go, though. It is 10 times easier to operate this way. Pulling it backwards has no more resistance than pulling an upside down leaf rake - that's how easy it is. Also, the machine just sort of "walks" forward. For the people just getting one of these machines, another thing...You'll find that you only have to run these things att about 1/4 throttle... 1/3 at the most. revving them and running them fast doesn't really work any faster. Another thing,...there is absolutely no tool, machine, or device that works better than these for removing gravel out of grass...including ditches.:weightlifter:

Daner
03-09-2009, 05:48 PM
I use the Paddle Power boom and agree to flip them and Its much easier
They will pull the gravel from the grass...But It get tiring after awhile

I'm wondering If the walk behind power rotary sweeper would do a better job