PDA

View Full Version : 2nd year in...

lastdetail14
03-09-2009, 12:50 AM
I got started after brainstorming with my brother about what we "like" to do. Always heard, do something you like and find a way to have others pay you to do it. Well, long story short, landscaping and lawncare came up. I went to the phone book and found landscapers and started calling. I got hired by one and went to work. I was up front with them and told them I wanted my own business and thier help was appreciated. I got a lot of experience. Mid summer they wanted to get out of the lawncare game and somehow, my brother and I were handed 7 or so commercial accounts! Pretty sweet deal. All we had to do was come up with equiptment. We were paid lump sum for a couple of their accounts thats had paid in full. So we bought a trailer and got his truck covered with signage. We were off and but, we learned quick, this aint easy. I was still working with the landscaper and bro was doing the mowing. By fall though I was "let go" and tried to help with the our business. Things got stressful. Seems we didn't agree on some things and finally last October, the business was mine. This is my first year solo, but thankfully I still have 5 of the original account. I'm learning still. Took out an ad in the phone book. Expensive!!! Sure hope it pays off! I have a husqvarna 4819, not the best but..., also a Cub Cadet 48", husqvarna trimmer, hedge clipper, blower. For some reason, we bought everything Husqvarna. I've learned from this site already. I appreciate evryone contributing. Hopefully, this fall, I'll be able to give some insight. Thanks for the help up front.

next time I won't write so much...

Greg
Last Detail Lawncare

McFarland_Lawn_Care
03-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Good story....read AS much as you CAN on here and bust your ass working the first few years at least...=) Welcome and good luck this coming year!!

DLAWNS
03-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Welcome to the site. Read a lot on here and work hard and everything will be a bit easier.