PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Vac as a mulch spreader

All American CL
03-09-2009, 04:09 AM
I am wondering if anyone has done this before or have any results from doing this? I am thinking of reversing essentially a leaf vacuum and spreading mulch with it. I understand that some mulch will not work and defeat the purpose since the leaf vac will shred the mulch. :usflag:

Classified
03-09-2009, 04:55 AM
Ha, I have thought about trying it but during leaf season i end uo sucking up a fair amount of mulch and it doesnt sound good going through the blade.

I am curious to hear if anyone else has done it though.

baddboygeorge
03-09-2009, 11:33 PM
as long as the mulch is good an dry it will blow just like a mulch blower, make a tray to fed the intake hose an on the discharge side start off with 6 inch black drain pipe an taper down to a 4 inch, blow away !!

All American CL
03-10-2009, 03:05 AM
So have you actuly done this before? I am considering buying a debris loader from billy goat and using it as a multi purpose debris loading monster. If you have any more info about what was used or some suggestions.

White Gardens
03-10-2009, 03:08 AM
If anyone has tried to suck up a pile of wet leaves with a leaf loader knows how hard it is on the system.

If the mulch was good and dry, I might try it, but I would be sketchy.

Besides, I think most mulch blowers use a two stage system.

Classified
03-10-2009, 04:15 AM
It would be nice to be able to reroute the mulch from going through the impeller. Just use the suction/discharge of it.

Im sure it would take alot more than this to work though considering the Finn blowers start somwhere around 20 grand on up to 150 grand.