PDA

View Full Version : Has the economy affected you?

newguyintown09
03-09-2009, 11:36 PM
I am wondering if the economy has affected anyones business... I am worried how residential is going to go!!!

tyler_mott85
03-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Our customers are still having us mow but it sounds like they are being more hesitant on having us do those little extra projects they were talking about. Or they say they'll trim the bushes themselves. But we haven't had anyone cancel on us completely.

lawnpro724
03-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Economy seems bad all over but around here people have stayed with me and I've been picking up more accounts this year than I did last year, go figure. Landscaping has taken a big hit but maintenance has seen a steady increase this year.

stroker51
03-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Maintenance hasn't taken a hit yet, I'm not exactly picking up accounts left and right, but I've added a lot of work for this year on the maintenance side. A buddy of mine says that his phone is ringing all the time for install work though, so go figure. I'm not worried too much yet, I will still make a living, but rapid expansion like I would have liked to have seen might be slowed down a little bit. I will probably just grow the maintenance side during this time, and then be sitting ready to jump in when building comes back doing grading, sod, irrigation, and installs for some builders I know.

Carolina Cuts
03-10-2009, 07:48 PM
I think people are gonna sacrifice 'dinner out' 2-3 times a week, and keep their lawn services..... at least that's what I'm hoping.

davis45
03-10-2009, 07:50 PM
I lost a commercial that was $200/wk, they plan on having their indoor maintenance guys do it. But I made up for it in Resi's, looks like its going to be a good year actually.

humble1
03-14-2009, 12:19 AM
i am not participating in this recession, my customers on the other hand is a different story.

ed2hess
03-14-2009, 08:47 PM
I think people are gonna sacrifice 'dinner out' 2-3 times a week, and keep their lawn services..... at least that's what I'm hoping.

Interesting that you services cost that much? I guess people up north are different than down south......here they are going out to eat and just let the grass grow and grow and grow.