PDA

View Full Version : Pondless waterfall question

jbirdturf
03-10-2009, 02:35 AM
I was wondering for some of you guys that do pondless features, is there any benefit to using a grate over the resevoir, or do most of you guys just fill it with rocks. It seems that it may be a little more cost effective to use a grate, but I definitely don't want to risk puncturing the liner. Thanks for the advice.

The Elements Group
03-10-2009, 05:15 AM
you wont puncture the liner if you make sure your snorkel is at the very bottom and then have a ledge to place the crate.(or use rocks to set it on) just make sure it is a good foundation and not shim -shammed..... i have used and still do aqua boxes.... good luck

just pondering
03-10-2009, 09:20 AM
We also use the aqua blox or (matrix) you can get more water storage in a smaller basin size then you do using boulders.To protect the liner we put a layer of our underlayment under the matrix to protect the liner just in case.

Jeff Michaels
Pondering Waters,LLC :usflag:

LiteEmUp
03-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Check out SAVIO's Waterfall Well. Comes with a lid for easy access to the pump. Cover with a layer of stone for camoflauge. Once installed you will never have to touch liner again.

XStream Aquatics
03-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Check out SAVIO's Waterfall Well. Comes with a lid for easy access to the pump. Cover with a layer of stone for camoflauge. Once installed you will never have to touch liner again.

I looked at the savio well and I didn't like the two piece idea. I thought it weaken the product (now their skimmer is awesome). I also use the Aqua Blox or Easy Pros reservoir cubes.

scooterbug311
03-19-2009, 01:08 AM
here is an idea. you can get plastic milk crates and use them the same way you use the aqua blocks. and they are way cheaper. but i too agree that aqua block ideas is great. talk to your local fab shop and have a grate built large enough to go over your liner ao it wont poke it. there are some ideas for you to chew on