PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Blow-Vac?

Wise_A
03-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Has anybody heard about these things? I saw them at the Meadowlands show in an exhibit, with a video about how they work. The guy explianed that they are 27 horse kohler ride on blowers, that also work as truckloaders. Sounds like a new company to me, anybody have any experience with them? They have a website, which seems kinda basic - like they are just starting out. Here's a picture I found:

http://www.hurricaneblovac.com/hurricanedata/uploadedimages/After-Joel-in-action-8.jpg

I'm gonna see if I can demo one before the cutting season starts.

jtkplc
03-10-2009, 10:22 AM
I started a thread a while back about anyone who had purchased or demo-ed one to share their experience and hardly anyone responded.

ProTouch Groundscapes
03-10-2009, 10:27 AM
there was a big thread about a company on here who got to demo one and used it on several of their properties. it was a very indepth review. cant remember who it was though.

Wise_A
03-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Oh ok, well if anyone finds it let me know. I'm gonna try and do a search. I just do a small amount of lawns and its usually just myself and another person, so if the machine could increase my productivity by allowing me to do more than one function with the same machine, then it might be worth the huge investment. If you think about it, its not more than a premium commercial zero turn mower. Leaf season is just kinda short. I wonder if theres anything else I could use it for?

jtkplc
03-10-2009, 11:16 AM
there was a big thread about a company on here who got to demo one and used it on several of their properties. it was a very indepth review. cant remember who it was though.

Yeah, I read through that review. I'm looking for others that have experiences, too.

Wise_A
03-10-2009, 11:31 AM
I found the thread on the NJLCA but not an indepth review of the machine

Wise_A
03-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Found this, but like you said theres no details:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=260729&highlight=hurricane

Wise_A
03-10-2009, 11:33 AM
And this http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=256756&highlight=hurricane

Wise_A
03-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Nevermind, here's the review - http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=251546&highlight=hurricane

I'm gonna try one, there must be a dealer around here somewhere that has one is they were demoing at the NJLCA.

hackitdown
03-10-2009, 04:27 PM
From what I read this past fall here on Lawnsite, it is an excellent machine. However, the $12,000 price rules it out for me. I won't waste a dealer's time demoing one.

All Season Lawn Care
03-10-2009, 06:29 PM
I demoed one on friday they seem to be a very well built machine the guy is here in west michigan that makes them, they were cost was 10k seemed high at first but once i tried it out i wanted one. They work as a blower and leaf vac in one machine and is nice and compact so it wont take up much room. I will be demoing one again when we start our clean ups will post more then!

LB1234
03-10-2009, 07:19 PM
I just do a small amount of lawns and its usually just myself and another person, so if the machine could increase my productivity by allowing me to do more than one function with the same machine, then it might be worth the huge investment. If you think about it, its not more than a premium commercial zero turn mower. Leaf season is just kinda short.

I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for but...

We purchases a blower buggy from JRCO that attaches to the front of our Z. We basically strap our 13hp little wonder onto it and off we go. The 13hp little wonder was around 1600 and the blower buggy was another 600 or so with the mounting bar. So for less than 2500 we can sit down and basically blow leaves as fast as the mower will go.

Having never used one of these standup blowers, I would imagine they are much better on hills and more compact...and with 27hp I'm sure (even after hydros and the weight of a person standing on it) are more powerfull than my push blower...but for about 9 grand less...you'd have to be doing some serious leaves to warrant that type of purchase.

jtkplc
03-20-2009, 09:21 AM
I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for but...

We purchases a blower buggy from JRCO that attaches to the front of our Z. We basically strap our 13hp little wonder onto it and off we go. The 13hp little wonder was around 1600 and the blower buggy was another 600 or so with the mounting bar. So for less than 2500 we can sit down and basically blow leaves as fast as the mower will go.

Having never used one of these standup blowers, I would imagine they are much better on hills and more compact...and with 27hp I'm sure (even after hydros and the weight of a person standing on it) are more powerfull than my push blower...but for about 9 grand less...you'd have to be doing some serious leaves to warrant that type of purchase.

I would think to you have to throw in the cost of a ~27hp leaf loader to have an accurate comparison.

LB1234
03-20-2009, 02:49 PM
I would think to you have to throw in the cost of a ~27hp leaf loader to have an accurate comparison.

I agree and disagree. How many of the 27hp are outputting at the chute versus turning the hydro pumps and pulling a body around. No denying its more powerful and way more efficient than my 13hp blower. You can also argue that I need my 12k mower to push the blower buggy around...so factor in that cost as well...but at least that makes me money cutting lawns all season as opposed to something to be used 3 months tops.

I wasn't trying to say its a bad product or even overpriced, just pointing out we have a blower buggy and for significantly less (according to what I'm reading) you can push a blower around. Just an observation/option that is out there is all.