PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Equipment

DSLND
03-10-2009, 05:28 PM
So I am finally 16! Yep, got my license a few weeks ago, and just started doing clean ups last week.

I have a few new pictures to post of the current rig.

Here is the complete list:

1999 Chevy 2500 extended cab/short bed w/flowmasters, tinted windows, etc.
7x16 Rice Trailer w/racks
5x10 Carry-On Trailer
Lesco 17hp/48" w/sulky and catcher
Lesco 13hp/32" w/catcher
Toro 14hp/48" w/sulky and catcher
Toro Pro-Line 21" w/Personal Pace
STIHL FS 110
STIHL FC 110
STIHL HS 45
STIHL BR 550
STIHL BG 85
Billy Goat Lawn Vacuum

Before anyone jumps on me, I will say that I own everything and everything is paid off.

-Mitch-

DSLND
03-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Truck/Trailer

DSLND
03-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Last one for now.

If you guys want any specific pictures, feel free to ask!

Kennedy Landscaping
03-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Looks good Mitch! Good luck this year.

CoupesCuts
03-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Nice rig. Do you rent a garage to keep it in?

Lakewlc
03-10-2009, 05:38 PM
looks good. how you like the small Lesco?

Nick's Lawn Care
03-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Looks great Mitch! Keep it up!

Nick

Dunlaps LawnCare
03-10-2009, 05:52 PM
looks good gonna need a bigger trailler before you know it!

Lawn Enforcer
03-10-2009, 06:19 PM
That looks very professional Mitch! The full trailer with racks and signs, looks really good. Good luck this year!

DRBLawnBuster
03-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Very nice set up mitch how many acounts do you have now

Cuttinitclose
03-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Looks Great!

lgyardservices
03-10-2009, 07:16 PM
is the personal pace 21" new? I though t i remember seeing that you had the Pro-line with the 3 speed trans?

DSLND
03-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Looks good Mitch! Good luck this year.

Thanks. Good luck to you as well.

Nice rig. Do you rent a garage to keep it in?

Thanks. Yep, I rent a storage unit. Its nice to have my own shop and its about three minutes from my school, so I can just go right after school and get my equipment.

looks good. how you like the small Lesco?

Thanks. Love the Lesco. I got it on sale last July and its a great mower!

Looks great Mitch! Keep it up!

Nick

Thanks!

looks good gonna need a bigger trailler before you know it!

I know. It took me two years to finally get the 16' and within six months its full.

Both 48"'s won't be with me at all times. The Toro is a second mower for larger accounts, and a backup.

That looks very professional Mitch! The full trailer with racks and signs, looks really good. Good luck this year!

Thanks!

Very nice set up mitch how many acounts do you have now

Thanks. I'm somewhere around 40/week for mowing. I'm adding new ones every day so it changes daily.

Looks Great!

Thanks!

is the personal pace 21" new? I though t i remember seeing that you had the Pro-line with the 3 speed trans?

Yes it is. Both my helper and myself didn't really like the Pro-Line. It was a strong, durable mower, but I hated the transmission.

So I went to my dealer to look at going back to a homeowner Super Recycler and he showed me the new Pro-Line with Personal Pace and we did a trade.

-Mitch-

DRBLawnBuster
03-10-2009, 07:41 PM
How do you do all your advertising, are your mowers all belt driven, and do you no how wide your trailer is .

Cuttinitclose
03-10-2009, 07:46 PM
How do you do all your advertising, are your mowers all belt driven, and do you no how wide your trailer is .

It says this in his signature:
7x16 Rice Trailer
5x10 Carry-On Trailer

DSLND
03-10-2009, 08:08 PM
All advertising is vehicle lettering and word of mouth.

Trailer is 77" wide i believe.

-Mitch-

rstan2010
03-10-2009, 08:12 PM
where did you get the sign on your trailer done??

metro36
03-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Lucky all I can get around here at 16 is a permit. I have to wait another year for my full liscence.
You setup looks great.

btnj47
03-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Looks great and sounds like you have plenty of work. good luck ... what brand is the shovel/rake rack ? do you like it ? thanks

Nick's Lawn Care
03-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Lucky all I can get around here at 16 is a permit. I have to wait another year for my full liscence.
You setup looks great.

Man that would suck!

I dont know what i would do...:laugh:

windsory
03-10-2009, 08:51 PM
You setup looks great.

yea me too it sucks...but i only got a few more weeks to wait

DSLND
03-10-2009, 09:28 PM
where did you get the sign on your trailer done??

Local Print Shop that does all of my shirts as well.

You setup looks great.

That would suck! I don't think I could have waited another year.

Thanks.

Looks great and sounds like you have plenty of work. good luck ... what brand is the shovel/rake rack ? do you like it ? thanks

Thanks.

The hand tool holder is a Buyers and I got it from Northern Tool.

Man that would suck!

Me neither:hammerhead::dizzy::confused:

-Mitch-

Herrick
03-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Lookin good Mitch!! You're already ahead of me for the year. Just picked up all my filters to get the mowers ready to go, hopefully I can get everthing out and cleaned up and get a couple pics of my own up. We'll have to grab some lunch before the season starts one of these days!!

DSLND
03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Lookin good Mitch!! You're already ahead of me for the year. Just picked up all my filters to get the mowers ready to go, hopefully I can get everthing out and cleaned up and get a couple pics of my own up. We'll have to grab some lunch before the season starts one of these days!!

Haha, I had lists of parts needed at my dealerships last winter to make sure I got my parts before they got slammed with LCO's wanting parts.

We definetly need to grab lunch. Give me a call when you get a chance.

-Mitch-

slamjamrockinman
03-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Very nice Mitch. Looks very professional with the signs on the trailer and the lettering on the truck! Good luck this year!!!

DSLND
03-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Very nice Mitch. Looks very professional with the signs on the trailer and the lettering on the truck! Good luck this year!!!

Thanks, dude!

-Mitch-

DRBLawnBuster
03-10-2009, 09:59 PM
sorry i was not even thinking to look in his signature

PlatinumLandCon
03-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Mitch, I take it you're all licensed up to go it alone? Good luck with the maint this year! I'm taking over 130 or so accounts this Aug for a friend, so it'll be a crazy 3 months to finish the year!

metro36
03-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Man that would suck!

Yes it does suck. I got my permit 2 weeks ago when I turned 16. I think I also cant pull a trailer with a permit? :dizzy::dizzy: I am going crazy.

iowa
03-11-2009, 10:33 AM
All that equipment for a solo operation???

BigMatt11
03-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Yes it does suck. I got my permit 2 weeks ago when I turned 16. I think I also cant pull a trailer with a permit? :dizzy::dizzy: I am going crazy.

Here in MN you can tow a trailer up to 10,000 lbs. with a permit at the age of 15.:cool2:

lifetree
03-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Congratulations, you're apparently doing well for being still in school ... I'm sure you have a bright future ahead of you !!

deere615
03-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Looking good Mitch. Your truck looks real nice. I was always going to put a big chevy emblem on mine but really cant now since my back rack is there

DSLND
03-12-2009, 08:40 AM
All that equipment for a solo operation???

Yeah. The Toro 48" is a second mower for larger properties and a backup for my Lesco 48". The Lesco's will be out on a daily basis, Toro will only be out one day a week.

Congratulations, you're apparently doing well for being still in school ... I'm sure you have a bright future ahead of you !!

Thanks!

Looking good Mitch. Your truck looks real nice. I was always going to put a big chevy emblem on mine but really cant now since my back rack is there

Thanks. I love the chevy sticker. I have one over the very top of the windshield as well (different sticker)

-Mitch-

nnj18
03-12-2009, 11:18 AM
looking good mitch! :waving:

DRBLawnBuster
03-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Mitch do you remember were you got your trailer signs from

Cuttinitclose
03-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Local Print Shop that does all of my shirts as well.

-Mitch-

Here you go.

DRBLawnBuster
03-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Do you no what the name of the place is they may have a branch near me

Cuttinitclose
03-12-2009, 09:23 PM
DRBLawnBuster: No

Mitch: I'm not trying to take away any post from you. Just trying to help you out.

DRBLawnBuster
03-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Cuttinitclose whay are you answering for him i no your trying to help but do you no were he got his signs made and how do you no there isnt some were by me ?

southtx
03-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Just wanted to ask....why do you have all the mowers on the truck???? Do you mow with a crew??? Im not talking crap....just want to ask. Also how do u like your blower rack???

Cuttinitclose
03-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Cuttinitclose whay are you answering for him i no your trying to help but do you no were he got his signs made and how do you no there isnt some were by me ?

When I said "No" I ment I don't know where he got them; there might be one near you. Sorry for any confustion. I guess I was just trying to help. Should've keep my mouth shut. Sorry Mitch and DRB, I'll keep my mouth shut now.

DRBLawnBuster
03-12-2009, 10:52 PM
No no cuttinitclose i came off wrong i was just kinda confused on how you knew were he got all his stuff but it was a miss comminicatoin so we all good now

STIHL GUY
03-12-2009, 11:19 PM
looks very professional

DRBLawnBuster
03-12-2009, 11:21 PM
What looks professional?

jtslawncare
03-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Looking good man..btw did u play football by chance? jw cuz use to play you guys last year

Scag413
03-13-2009, 04:02 PM
hey mitch how is the wood that holds the signs fastened to the trailer? Did you drill through the bottom of the trailer? Thanks

DSLND
03-14-2009, 11:38 AM
looking good mitch! :waving:

Thanks.

Mitch do you remember were you got your trailer signs from

Local family owned and operated place. I

Just wanted to ask....why do you have all the mowers on the truck???? Do you mow with a crew??? Im not talking crap....just want to ask. Also how do u like your blower rack???

On the trailer? I need the back of the truck for debris and garbage cans. I have a helper when I need it, but otherwise I work solo.

looks very professional

Thanks.

Looking good man..btw did u play football by chance? jw cuz use to play you guys last year

Thanks. No, I did not play football....especially for Pekin:nono: :laugh::laugh: haha, that and I've never played football in my life.

hey mitch how is the wood that holds the signs fastened to the trailer? Did you drill through the bottom of the trailer? Thanks

Its bolted to the side rail and through the floor

-Mitch-

jtslawncare
03-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Haha i prolly figured you didn't but had to ask... how you like driving without a parent or anybody

oakwdman
03-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Very nice as usual mitch. I'm looking to pick up another mower this year as well as a
14' -16' trailer. We should be nearly identical lol except for tucks and my (vs your 32")36" is a bobcat not lesco.

rstan2010
03-14-2009, 08:37 PM
how much did you pay for the trailer?

gdguth
03-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Mitch,

Do you use sulkey's with those mowers or do you walk everything?
Also looking nice and good luck this year.

Kglenn04
03-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Last one for now.

If you guys want any specific pictures, feel free to ask!

I would like a picture of how the gate meets the trailer I need to have a drop down gate made for my trailer how about some shots of the heinges

Ben's Landscape
03-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Equipment looks really good!! I know it is hard to manage school and my small lco and a boatyard job. But can't emagine it with that many costumers!! Keep it up. Have a safe season and good luck in 09!!

DSLND
03-16-2009, 07:56 PM
how much did you pay for the trailer?

$1500. It was gently used.

Mitch,

Do you use sulkey's with those mowers or do you walk everything?
Also looking nice and good luck this year.

Both 48" have sulky's. The 32" does not.

I would like a picture of how the gate meets the trailer I need to have a drop down gate made for my trailer how about some shots of the heinges

Ok, as soon as I get a chance I will snap some pictures.

Equipment looks really good!! I know it is hard to manage school and my small lco and a boatyard job. But can't emagine it with that many costumers!! Keep it up. Have a safe season and good luck in 09!!

Thanks. Best of luck to you my friend.

-Mitch-

DSLND
03-30-2009, 08:51 AM
So everything was going great! I was getting clean ups done, and the grass was really greening up...

But when I have to go help my buddy load salt and hook up plows Saturday night, things weren't as nice.

2" of snow later, we were back in winter mode:nono:

All snow melted, and it is supposed to be nice all this week. Hopefully we can start mowing next week!

BTW, I am looking to get rid of the Billy Goat Vacuum. I just don't really use it as much as I thought I would.

Any interest?

-Mitch-

lgyardservices
03-30-2009, 10:35 AM
I never really saw a point in those vacuums. It seems that since you only use it just to push around and suck up leaves, why wouldn't a mower work just as well? They probably do a little better in heavy stuff but still I don' think i would ever get one.

Dunlaps LawnCare
03-30-2009, 01:31 PM
why you selling it was there more cons then pros to it?

DRBLawnBuster
03-30-2009, 09:21 PM
So how many accounts you up to now, did you pick up any new ones this year.

Herrick
03-30-2009, 10:51 PM
You got lucky! We had 4-5" here. Should be gone tomorrow. Guess it's time for me to get everything out and ready to go myself!! Good luck this season!

AndyTblc
03-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Have you decided what you're going to do for plowing next year?

DSLND
03-30-2009, 11:54 PM
I never really saw a point in those vacuums. It seems that since you only use it just to push around and suck up leaves, why wouldn't a mower work just as well? They probably do a little better in heavy stuff but still I don' think i would ever get one.

Its nice to have....but backpack blowers, mowers with gators and grass gobblers seems to work the best.

why you selling it was there more cons then pros to it?

Not at all. It just doesn't get used much in my operation.

So how many accounts you up to now, did you pick up any new ones this year.

Somewhere in the 40's or 50's. When I pick them up, I just enter them into the computer and move on. I need to take a count here pretty soon.

You got lucky! We had 4-5" here. Should be gone tomorrow. Guess it's time for me to get everything out and ready to go myself!! Good luck this season!

I swear you guys always get more snow than us! Haha

Heck yeah, things are greening up in a hurry....won't be long:cool2::cool2:

Have you decided what you're going to do for plowing next year?

I've got some new ideas.

Stick to residential. With school and commercial accounts, I could really dig myself a deep hole with that. Any lots I pick up I will have a sub-contractor do.

I plan on doing 10-15 residential accounts, and then working for the sub contractor on days I don't have school.

I plan on buying a 4wheeler this year for personal use, but I may throw a plow on there and cart it around on my small trailer and clear residentials before school. I plan on getting a snowblower as a backup as well.

But with all the insurance involved in commercial snow removal, not to mention the wear and tear on my truck, I just don't think its worth it right now while still in school.

-Mitch-

davis45
03-31-2009, 12:33 AM
Does that billy goat work well for sucking up shrub clippings from mulch and rock beds?

AndyTblc
03-31-2009, 09:37 AM
I've got some new ideas.

Stick to residential. With school and commercial accounts, I could really dig myself a deep hole with that. Any lots I pick up I will have a sub-contractor do.

I plan on doing 10-15 residential accounts, and then working for the sub contractor on days I don't have school.

I plan on buying a 4wheeler this year for personal use, but I may throw a plow on there and cart it around on my small trailer and clear residentials before school. I plan on getting a snowblower as a backup as well.

But with all the insurance involved in commercial snow removal, not to mention the wear and tear on my truck, I just don't think its worth it right now while still in school.

-Mitch-

That four wheeler will get old in a hurry. It would be much easier to get a plow for the truck, you don't have to get a real heavy one, and if you don't beat up on it, you won't hurt the truck. Just put it on the truck when you need to use it, then take it off when you don't use it, and don't ram into snow piles, and fully stop when shifting gears and you'll be just fine. Trust me, I went from a tractor, to a quad to my truck just this past year, I tell you what, I don't know why I just didn't do it last winter, when it was my first winter with the truck.

Herrick
03-31-2009, 01:06 PM
If you're looking for a sub Mitch, let me know... I'll be looking to pick up some work this winter.

DRBLawnBuster
04-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Mitch how is the 2009 going for ya?

Kennedy Landscaping
04-12-2009, 12:14 AM
How about some work pictures Mitch?

2brothersyardcare
04-12-2009, 08:39 AM
toro lesco ans stihl looks good man

DSLND
04-12-2009, 10:00 AM
2009 is amazing! I've made a ton of cash and even ran across a deal on a work truck with a plow.

Its a 1993 K1500 1/2 Ton
Western 7.5 Uni-Mount

Still needs a few things before I will take it with me, but its a good work truck.

I'll get pics when its done.

-Mitch-

DSLND
04-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Here are some pictures of the new truck.

I went and bought some wheel covers, but they didn't fit. I can't seem to find them anywhere else, so I am in search of new wheels.

Heres the pics.

-Mitch-

DSLND
04-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Another.......

DSLND
04-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Still to come for the new truck....

Magnets
TSC Toolbox (One that actually sits in the truck bed, so I can put sides on the truck)
Wooden Sides
Wheel cap covers or new wheels
Beacon Light
Work Lights

If anyone has wheels that would fit the truck, let me know.

-Mitch-

nnj18
04-19-2009, 03:03 PM
looks like you're doing very well Mitch!! have a great season and start posting some pix of your work man

blm86
04-19-2009, 03:52 PM
looks like a decent truck. i might have caps sitting in the garage cause i just ordered a set for my brother that didnt show the lugs nuts and the ones he had did. ill look tomorrow

Herrick
04-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Will you stop buying stuff already!!! I'm having a hard time keeping up with you!!! :)

Lawn Enforcer
04-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Nice purchase Mitch! Keep up the good work!

DRBLawnBuster
04-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Looks good mitch, if you put a bed on it would look solid!!

slamjamrockinman
04-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Nice truck there! I think that's a good idea to buy a beater/work truck like that so you don't have to beat up your nice truck plowing. You may have answered this, but how many accts are you up to now??

Lakewlc
04-19-2009, 06:03 PM
nice truck, any plans for the rust on the bed?

Dunlaps LawnCare
04-19-2009, 10:52 PM
why u going with magnets instead of getting it letterd to?

RedMax Man
04-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Looks like things are going pretty good. got the trailer filled up nicely with some space which is good.

DSLND
04-19-2009, 11:27 PM
looks like you're doing very well Mitch!! have a great season and start posting some pix of your work man

Thanks, dude. Same for you.

looks like a decent truck. i might have caps sitting in the garage cause i just ordered a set for my brother that didnt show the lugs nuts and the ones he had did. ill look tomorrow

Dude, thats great. If you have them, I will definetly buy them from you and see about picking them up ASAP. Thanks for your help.

Will you stop buying stuff already!!! I'm having a hard time keeping up with you!!! :)

:laugh::laugh:

Nice purchase Mitch! Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Looks good mitch, if you put a bed on it would look solid!!

I just want to keep it as it is. Its an old work truck that I really don't plan on putting much money into it.

Nice truck there! I think that's a good idea to buy a beater/work truck like that so you don't have to beat up your nice truck plowing. You may have answered this, but how many accts are you up to now??

Exactly. Keep my white truck in the shape it is in and save miles on it (White one has 122k miles)

nice truck, any plans for the rust on the bed?

Thanks. No big plans, it has seen better days but I really can't put much money into this thing.

why u going with magnets instead of getting it letterd to?

If the truck were to die on me tomorrow, I can take the magnets with me and put them on another vehicle. Lettering I would have wasted money for it to sit at a junkyard.

Also, with the paint job on the truck, lettering may look a little goofy.

Looks like things are going pretty good. got the trailer filled up nicely with some space which is good.

Thanks.

The truck has 200k miles, is an old plow truck but I bought it because it was by far a suprise to me the way it drove, operated and the overall operation. This is my work truck, nothing fancy, but something I am "prettying" up so it looks professional in front of my accounts. In this deal, I basically paid for the plow, and got the truck as well. BTW, it also has the handheld controller for the plow, it is very nice! I highly recommend it. I don't plan on putting a lot of money into this truck, due to the risk of it dying at anytime due to age, ware and tear, etc. But I am going to run it until it dies and possibly replace the engine (found one for a great price).

Thanks for all the comments.

-Mitch-

deere615
04-19-2009, 11:40 PM
wow just got your lisence and already got a 2nd truck congrats man!

Kennedy Landscaping
04-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Nice purchase mitch! Throw a back rack on it and it would be awesome! So does that one get 2DSLND?

AndyTblc
04-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Make sure you put tons of weight in the bed when you're plowing, my plow only weighs 405 lbs, and I had 200 lbs and still needed more. That plow should weight around 600, so compensate for the weight. That truck should do just fine. After all, it is a Chevy.

DSLND
04-20-2009, 05:22 PM
wow just got your lisence and already got a 2nd truck congrats man!

Thanks.

Nice purchase mitch! Throw a back rack on it and it would be awesome! So does that one get 2DSLND?

Just going to throw a mini light bar and wire it to a toggle switch. Possibly a backrack alter on.

Yes, 2 DS LND has been ordered and should be here anytime!

Make sure you put tons of weight in the bed when you're plowing, my plow only weighs 405 lbs, and I had 200 lbs and still needed more. That plow should weight around 600, so compensate for the weight. That truck should do just fine. After all, it is a Chevy.

Thanks for the advice.

-Mitch-

AndyTblc
04-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Also, a 2 weekends ago, I blew the brake line going from the front to the back, cuz it rusted out. So you may want to just step on it pretty good, just turn it on while sitting still and just push the brake in fast and far. I do that every so often to make sure nothing breaks.

blm86
04-20-2009, 07:27 PM
i found the center caps they fit a 6 lug, im not sure what your truck is but they are yours if you want

DSLND
04-20-2009, 10:43 PM
i found the center caps they fit a 6 lug, im not sure what your truck is but they are yours if you want

Mine is a six lug. I will let you know when I can get up there to get them.

Thanks!

-Mitch-

BTW, I bought center caps for the truck the other day at a hubcab place here, but they didn't fit the lug nuts? They were exactly the same as those.... I am going to check and see if the lug nuts are aftermarket or something.

nnj18
04-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks, dude. Same for you.

-Mitch-

yeah hopefuly this rain stops so I can get back out working :weightlifter:

Kennedy Landscaping
04-21-2009, 12:58 AM
Mitch why not get some fender molding for that truck to cover some of that rust?

stroker51
04-21-2009, 01:22 AM
Looks like you're doing good. If you wind up pushing anything other than residentials, I'd highly recommend getting a set of pro-wings for that blade. I have them on my 7.5 westerns and the difference in productivity is unbelievable. They are almost as efficient as my V blade scooped up with the wings on them. Good luck this year.

blm86
04-21-2009, 09:58 AM
just let me know, it might be easier and cheaper to ship them

Junior M
04-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Mitch, that truck would be really cheap and easy to repower if the motor blew, drop a 350 crate or something in it for that matter, you can find them ready to drop in for relatively cheap all over the place..

Now if the tranny blew, that'd be a different story..

oakwdman
04-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Hey mitch, If I were you I'd consider at least finding the unimount mount/truckside plow components for your white truck. That doesnt mean you have to plow with it all the time but it covers your a** if the 1500 goes down in the middle of a storm. As usual everythings looking top notch! 16 years old and a multiple truck operation... something I'd be proud of mitch!

DSLND
04-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Hey mitch, If I were you I'd consider at least finding the unimount mount/truckside plow components for your white truck. That doesnt mean you have to plow with it all the time but it covers your a** if the 1500 goes down in the middle of a storm. As usual everythings looking top notch! 16 years old and a multiple truck operation... something I'd be proud of mitch!

That is a great idea.

Thanks for the compliments.

-Mitch-

Herrick
04-26-2009, 12:19 AM
E-bay is your friend for used plow parts... and they're going for dirt cheap right now... (hint-hint)

Cuttinitclose
05-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Congratulations, Mitch! Read the article in the Peoria JS. I wish we had a landscaping class at school. To those who don't know what I'm talking about there was an article in the paper today about the landscaping class at Pekin H.S. and he was in it. Good Job!

DSLND
05-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Congratulations, Mitch! Read the article in the Peoria JS. I wish we had a landscaping class at school. To those who don't know what I'm talking about there was an article in the paper today about the landscaping class at Pekin H.S. and he was in it. Good Job!

Thanks!

BTW, I've gotten at least ten calls from the article, and a lot of attention from customers, neighbors, friends and everyone! It was pretty cool.

-Mitch-

DRBLawnBuster
05-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Got any pictures of the whole fleet with the new truck

DSLND
06-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Update.

I've been busy.....too busy! There was an article in the paper a few weeks ago on me, and they put my phone number in it:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Seventeen calls later, here I am...turning down work left and right and trying not to kill myself working! lol But hey, it was free advertising:)

Trucks are kind of getting to me....seems like every couple weeks that white one is heading to the shop for something. Middle of May fuel pump went out (125k miles were on the truck at the time), then my backup truck got jealous and decided it wanted to loose the back left wheel....so much for a backup plan! So I had to take a FORD for a day:laugh::cry::hammerhead::nono:

J/k, it wasn't too bad....:):usflag:

From now on, no more buying trucks with more than 50k miles. I'm to the point where I can afford the newer trucks, and I now know the consequences of buying trucks with a lot of miles....

But old rusty (93 1/2 Ton) is doing good at 200k miles....thats a Chevy for
ya! :cool2:

I'm in need of a large area mower. I know I have debated on a 60" ZTR. But I am fixed on the idea of a 52" Stander. I demoed a WRIGHT and a Toro this past week and the Toro has my vote. My dealer quoted me $7500 for the 23hp/52". I really liked the Toro because of the way it rode. The folding platform has a bounce to it so if I am riding over a bumpy property, its not as rough as the WRIGHT. Toro dealer gave me a better price on the Toro than the WRIGHT as well:)

I don't have any fleet pics at this time. I also got a new shop (15x35) at the same place I was renting at earlier this year.

BTW, Toro 48" WB w/velke x2 is For Sale!

-Mitch-

AndyTblc
06-07-2009, 12:14 PM
yeah trucks will do that to you, but you're driving the best, I bought my truck with 203,000 miles on it, just rolled over 229,000 miles last night, and I put a plow on it in january and still do lawn mowing and landscaping and pull my camper. Still runs like a champ. It's starting to rust a little bit, but I can fix that. As soon as I pay my plow off to the bank, and pay my grandma off for the camper, then I'm gonna start saving for a new truck or a new mower. Or both.
Good luck!!

lgyardservices
06-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Sounds like you're keeping really busy. Great job!

Just wondering why you are already selling the toro? Did it just not work out like you had planned

newtostone
06-07-2009, 05:56 PM
If your looking at a larger mower you may want to look at the Lazer AS 60. I have one and its very nimble and compact as far as zero turns go. I say this due to the cost of the AS being so cheap, Save money where you can. Best of luck!

Kennedy Landscaping
06-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Sounds like you're doing great! Can't wait to see some pictures

Dunlaps LawnCare
06-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Can u post that article?
Update.

I've been busy.....too busy! There was an article in the paper a few weeks ago on me, and they put my phone number in it:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Seventeen calls later, here I am...turning down work left and right and trying not to kill myself working! lol But hey, it was free advertising:)

Trucks are kind of getting to me....seems like every couple weeks that white one is heading to the shop for something. Middle of May fuel pump went out (125k miles were on the truck at the time), then my backup truck got jealous and decided it wanted to loose the back left wheel....so much for a backup plan! So I had to take a FORD for a day:laugh::cry::hammerhead::nono:

J/k, it wasn't too bad....:):usflag:

From now on, no more buying trucks with more than 50k miles. I'm to the point where I can afford the newer trucks, and I now know the consequences of buying trucks with a lot of miles....

But old rusty (93 1/2 Ton) is doing good at 200k miles....thats a Chevy for
ya! :cool2:

I'm in need of a large area mower. I know I have debated on a 60" ZTR. But I am fixed on the idea of a 52" Stander. I demoed a WRIGHT and a Toro this past week and the Toro has my vote. My dealer quoted me $7500 for the 23hp/52". I really liked the Toro because of the way it rode. The folding platform has a bounce to it so if I am riding over a bumpy property, its not as rough as the WRIGHT. Toro dealer gave me a better price on the Toro than the WRIGHT as well:)

I don't have any fleet pics at this time. I also got a new shop (15x35) at the same place I was renting at earlier this year.

-Mitch-

DSLND
06-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Toro Walkbehind is For Sale.

14hp Kawasaki
48" Fixed Deck
Belt Drive
Cloth Bagger
Sulky x2

Good Condition, Runs Great!

$1299 OBO.

-Mitch-

rusty_keg_3
07-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Looks good, good luck

DRBLawnBuster
08-18-2009, 09:58 AM
HOw is buisness, any updates or pictures

mowerdude777
08-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Very nice setup you have

DSLND
09-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Long time no see fellas!

A lot of things have changed!

This year has been great. I could go full time right now and not think twice about it. I'm turning down a lot of work right now because I just don't have the time. A good thing if you ask me:)

Here is an updated equipment list

99 Chevy 2500 ext. cab short bed
93 Chevy K1500 reg. cab/long bed. 7'-6" Western UniMount
7x16 Rice Trailer
5x10 Carry-On Trailer
Lesco 17hp/48" WB w/sulky, bagger
Lesco 13hp/32" WB w/bagger
John Deere 345 Garden Tractor, wheel weights, mulching kit
Toro Commercial 21"
STIHL FS 110, FC 110, BR 550, HS 45, MS 170,
BillyGoat Leaf Vac----FOR SALE!

Everything is currently paid for. I am looking to trade the 93 Chevy for something a little newer. If anyone is interested, its a fair truck. 204k miles, still running strong. It does need some front end work (about $700 with labor) but I'm just running it til it dies.

Ill hopefully get a fleet pic soon!

-Mitch-

slamjamrockinman
09-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Sounds great Mitch! So I take it you bought a garden tractor instead of a stander or a Z??

Dunlaps LawnCare
09-16-2009, 09:57 PM
mitch why the garden tractor instead of the z or stander?

DSLND
09-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Sold other walkbehind 48" to get the Toro Grandstand. Dad then decided he didn't want to help me by putting it in his name even if I made each and every payment so I needed a mower with a decent sized deck, some power and something I could pay cash for quick. That Deere is awesome! Power steering, hydraulic deck, foot pedals. It cuts great as well and easy to train a guy to use.

-Mitch-
Posted via Mobile Device

mowerdude777
09-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Sold other walkbehind 48" to get the Toro Grandstand. Dad then decided he didn't want to help me by putting it in his name even if I made each and every payment so I needed a mower with a decent sized deck, some power and something I could pay cash for quick. That Deere is awesome! Power steering, hydraulic deck, foot pedals. It cuts great as well and easy to train a guy to use.

-Mitch-
Posted via Mobile Device

So if you are planing on getting a grandstand still wain until next year,(price most likely will go down) exmark and scag are both coming out with standers next spring. That really sucks that your dad changed his mind after the mower had sold.

DRBLawnBuster
09-18-2009, 08:11 PM
got any new pictures you havent posted on here in months lol

nnj18
09-19-2009, 12:45 AM

-Mitch-
Posted via Mobile Device

guess i'm not the only person who's dad has f@cked him up lol

DSLND
09-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Ill try to post a picture of the trucks. I don't have any equip. Pics at this time on my phone.

Ok- it didn't work. Ill get some pictures soon.

-Mitch-
Posted via Mobile Device

Kennedy Landscaping
09-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Man you haven't been on here in forever. Good to see you back.

DSLND
12-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Season overall was great.

Next year things will get changed a little. Back to a one truck operation, start financing things to avoid killing myself with paying out of pocket for everything. More help. Thats my main weakness, is not asking for help when I really need it.

I haven't added anything since the last upate on 9/15/09 besides a 2003 Raptor 660, which is currently for sale due to the fact that I never have time to ride it:laugh:

First year doing snow. I have a couple commercials, and a decent amount of residentials. Never advertised or anything, just had "Snow Removal" on my business card, thats really it. About a three hour route total.

I hope to get a new work truck next year, along with a 32" WRIGHT Stander, some new handhelds and start looking at renting a bigger shop.

-Mitch-

SNAPPER MAN
12-15-2009, 07:25 PM
You still working solo?

DSLND
12-15-2009, 11:19 PM
You still working solo?

I went through two guys this year. Both of them started out great, but went downhill. I have a guy now who has experience working for a landscaping comapny and is very good. He is a year older than me and a buddy who I fish with so it really makes working more enjoyable. I told him that as long as he continues to progress, he will gain more responsibility and more hours next year.

Honestly, I turned down so much work this year. 40+ mowing calls, and proboably 20+ landscaping projects. I honestly could of had two full time crews if I wanted to, but it would just be a mess at my age!

-Mitch-

SNAPPER MAN
12-15-2009, 11:36 PM
I went through two guys this year. Both of them started out great, but went downhill. I have a guy now who has experience working for a landscaping comapny and is very good. He is a year older than me and a buddy who I fish with so it really makes working more enjoyable. I told him that as long as he continues to progress, he will gain more responsibility and more hours next year.

Honestly, I turned down so much work this year. 40+ mowing calls, and proboably 20+ landscaping projects. I honestly could of had two full time crews if I wanted to, but it would just be a mess at my age!

-Mitch-

Damn thats trippin man. I got a crew working full time now and I still have the same guy running it who has been with me over a year. It's nice to have someone you can trusts and who treats everything as if it were his own. I honestly find it easier to have a crew doing all the work and I just follow up and do estimates. It's just a matter of finding the right people. I hope you can man because you could be banking it.

Lawn Enforcer
12-16-2009, 12:13 AM

-Mitch-

Good call with turning down work. I sometimes feel like I overworked myself when I was your age and I didn't get to enjoy high school as much. Take what you want and can handle.

Did you sell the older Chevy?

WGLandscapeMaintenance
12-16-2009, 01:13 AM
I wouldn't turn work down. Just me, because I'm a work a holic but being that you're in high school you only have a limited time to get work done. Looking back at high school I wish I would have worked more! High school is nothing for fun-ness as compared to college.

DSLND
12-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Good call with turning down work. I sometimes feel like I overworked myself when I was your age and I didn't get to enjoy high school as much. Take what you want and can handle.

Did you sell the older Chevy?

Still got my old Chevy. It sits with the plow on and loaded with salt unless we get some winter weather:):):)

Selling it in the spring.

-Mitch-

Lawn Enforcer
12-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Still got my old Chevy. It sits with the plow on and loaded with salt unless we get some winter weather:):):)

Selling it in the spring.

-Mitch-

Yeah, my 2nd truck is just sitting too. A few small storms here and there, but not enough to plow.

DSLND
04-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Im still here!

Been busy. Honestly, I'm never home to post anymore and its tough to do from my Blackberry.

Nothing much has changed. Snow season was great, this spring is busiest yet!

Here is the current equipment list.

1999 Chevy 2500 ext. cab
7x16 Trailer
WRIGHT 32" Stander
John Deere 345 54"
Toro 21" (2)
STIHL Handhelds

Trying to sell BillyGoat Lawn Vacuum still.

Just sold the Lesco's (48" threw a rod and I didn't need two 32" mowers). Sold the 1993 Chevy K1500. Kept the plow/mount. The truck was just abot to its grave. It was a great truck this past winter, but the engine was just about done. Sold it for a great price, though:)

I'm expanding and adding employees slowly.

-Mitch-

mowerdude777
04-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Im still here!

Been busy. Honestly, I'm never home to post anymore and its tough to do from my Blackberry.

Nothing much has changed. Snow season was great, this spring is busiest yet!

Here is the current equipment list.

1999 Chevy 2500 ext. cab
7x16 Trailer
WRIGHT 32" Stander
John Deere 345 54"
Toro 21" (2)
STIHL Handhelds

Trying to sell BillyGoat Lawn Vacuum still.

Just sold the Lesco's (48" threw a rod and I didn't need two 32" mowers). Sold the 1993 Chevy K1500. Kept the plow/mount. The truck was just abot to its grave. It was a great truck this past winter, but the engine was just about done. Sold it for a great price, though:)

I'm expanding and adding employees slowly.

-Mitch-

Sorry about the 48 glad to see you got a stander hopefuly you can get a new 48

Z-master man
04-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Anything on the list for upgrades?

deere615
04-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Good to hear from you mitch! congrats on the stander, any plans for a truck to replace the 93'

DSLND
04-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Proboably no additonal vehicle for a while....Well I say that now... lol

Maybe another truck here soon. A newer truck, not as many miles. Possibly 1 Ton dump?

No need for a 48" yet. I'm re-arranging the mowing route and weeding out all the larger properties. I want to mainly small yards. I think there is more profit in them rather than the larger properties. I still have a few accounts with a couple acres. Thats why I still have the JD 54" Garden Tractor.

Current Wish List

New equipment for additional crew (trailer, trimmer, small mowers)
6x12 Dump Trailer
Plow mount, wiring harness, mini light bar, brakes and shocks for white truck
Bigger Shop
Tailgate Salter
Start Replacing STIHL handhelds with new ones (old ones are wearing out)

Thats where I'm at so far.

-Mitch-

Cuttinitclose
04-15-2010, 12:12 AM
Proboably no additonal vehicle for a while....Well I say that now... lol

Maybe another truck here soon. A newer truck, not as many miles. Possibly 1 Ton dump?

No need for a 48" yet. I'm re-arranging the mowing route and weeding out all the larger properties. I want to mainly small yards. I think there is more profit in them rather than the larger properties. I still have a few accounts with a couple acres. Thats why I still have the JD 54" Garden Tractor.

Current Wish List

New equipment for additional crew (trailer, trimmer, small mowers)
6x12 Dump Trailer
Plow mount, wiring harness, mini light bar, brakes and shocks for white truck
Bigger Shop
Tailgate Salter
Start Replacing STIHL handhelds with new ones (old ones are wearing out)

Thats where I'm at so far.

-Mitch-

Hey, we need to get together some rainy weekend in Peoria.

Kennedy Landscaping
04-15-2010, 12:18 AM
Good to hear your still doin good Mitch. I've been staying pretty busy with work lately too this spring.

slamjamrockinman
04-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Good to hear from you Mitch, I was wondering where you went. I agree on the smaller properties, I profit way more off of these, as long as their close together. Good luck this season.

DSLND
04-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Hey, we need to get together some rainy weekend in Peoria.

Yes, that sounds great. Look forward to meeting you.

-Mitch-

Supper Grassy
04-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Nice Equipment

bobcat48
04-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Everything looks great,have a good season keep them pics comin.

AndyTblc
04-15-2010, 07:30 PM
WOW Mitch you really are alive, I'm glad your business is still going good

terraman21
04-18-2010, 03:47 AM
hey how do you like that tool rack you got from northern tool? does it work is it sturdy? let me know what youthink i just got my northern tool catalog and was lookin at that rack. we just got another trailer and im trying to out fit it with some nice stuff let me know thanks and good luck wish i could have done as much as you in high school sounds like a blast

DSLND
04-19-2010, 01:44 PM
hey how do you like that tool rack you got from northern tool? does it work is it sturdy? let me know what youthink i just got my northern tool catalog and was lookin at that rack. we just got another trailer and im trying to out fit it with some nice stuff let me know thanks and good luck wish i could have done as much as you in high school sounds like a blast

Tool rack works great. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Dunlaps LawnCare
05-03-2010, 06:03 PM
tool rack for your truck or trailer?

GreenGiant94
05-03-2010, 06:28 PM
All of it looks great. Keep up the good work.

alex94
05-03-2010, 11:33 PM
your equipment did look great. havent seen any pics of your stander or your jd. hope to see some soon though and follow you this year throughout the season. good luck out there and get some pics up!

DSLND
06-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Heading Up By Chicago To Hopefully Buy A 1 Ton Dump Tomorrow.

Its a 1994, with Meyer Mount. 172k miles. Pretty reasonably priced.

Ill post pictures once it gets lettered up and i get it cleaned up a little bit.

-Mitch-

Z-master man
10-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Any pictures of this new dump truck?

DSLND
10-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Heres the only picture I have from my phone. If I remember, I'll take some more pictures tomorrow.

1994 K3500 Dump
4x4
179k Miles
Manual Windows, Locks, Etc.

Bought a 7'-6" Western Plow For It. It already had the mount/wiring (well, the wiring wasn't "all there" if ya know what I mean)

-Mitch-

bobcat48
10-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Nice mitch i like it.how was the season for you.

DSLND
10-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Nice mitch i like it.how was the season for you.

It was great! Almost doubled from last year. Had a full time employee who made some good money and had a lot of fun this year. Second year doing snow removal for myself, really excited! If there is one thing I love, its plowing snow. I like doing everything, but snow is awesome!

Looking to add some more help next year. I had fun this year, but man i am ready for a break! Lot of 60+ hour weeks during the summer. But it will pay off.

Hoping next year to be even better!

-Mitch-

bobcat48
10-12-2010, 10:42 PM
It was great! Almost doubled from last year. Had a full time employee who made some good money and had a lot of fun this year. Second year doing snow removal for myself, really excited! If there is one thing I love, its plowing snow. I like doing everything, but snow is awesome!

Looking to add some more help next year. I had fun this year, but man i am ready for a break! Lot of 60+ hour weeks during the summer. But it will pay off.

Hoping next year to be even better!

-Mitch-

ok that is really good to hear.glad you had fun and liked it.yeah haha im sure.sounds good mitch.

stuntmanlogan
10-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Thats pretty cool. By that I mean where your at now 60+ hour work weeks, keep it up. Are you still running all the same equipment?

KE-llc
10-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Mitch,

Don't know if you remember me but I used to be on the ****...we spoke on the phone a few times several years back. Anyway glad to see you're still working.

Did you sell the 99? 2500? Also what happened with the beater plow truck you had? What equipment are you running now?? Have a website yet? Post some pictures and PM me man

oakwdman
10-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Jared you mean lawn c a f e ?
I remember those days lol.

KE-llc
10-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Jared you mean lawn c a f e ?
I remember those days lol.

i like going down to the local **** for coffee in the morning
gawd daumnn c-a-f-e

DSLND
10-13-2010, 11:19 PM
KE- I do not remember you, what was your name on "the other site?". Ill prob. Remember you then. Btw, (not meaning to start a battle) but what happened to that site? PM me to keep people happy.

Still have the 99. We need two trucks. Its more of my personal vehicle/second work vehicle. Sold the '93 Chevy. Worst mistake ever! It was awesome for plowing snow. It had a cracked engine block at 210,000 miles. Wish I would have kept it and put a new engine in it :(

Equipment

99 Chevy 2500
94 Chevy 3500 Dump
7x16 Trailer
WRIGHT 32
JD 345 54"
Lawnboy 21 (2)
6 STIHL Handhelds
Western Plow 7'-6" with wings
Lots of handtools, etc.

30x40 Barn just started renting.

Possibly buying a skid later this week/weekend.

PM, text or call me if you want to talk.

(309) 267-0619, Mitch
Posted via Mobile Device

stuntmanlogan
10-14-2010, 11:15 PM
You got any new pics of your new equipment and or shop. Last I remember you had a couple lesco's and a toro.

bobcat48
10-14-2010, 11:17 PM
sounds like a good setup u got now mitch.nice.

The LawnRanger
10-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Nice set up I like to see the younger ones coming up in the ranks shows ambition Good luck in the future

newjerseylandscaping
10-15-2010, 02:30 AM
good luck with your new venchure also can we get some pics of how your signs are on the trailer? thanks
Hunter

DSLND
10-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Sorry its been a while guys, been busy.

Everytime I try to get pictures, something else comes up.

BTW, I bought a skid steer. Old New Holland L775. Big freaking bucket, lots of power. Going to work good in the snow:)

I'll get some pictures as soon as possible.

Trailer signs are great, people really seem to notice them.

-Mitch-

Brothersllc
10-27-2010, 11:23 PM
yea i like the weed eater racks looks good good luck this year

Dunlaps LawnCare
10-28-2010, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=DSLND;3770483]Sorry its been a while guys, been busy.

Everytime I try to get pictures, something else comes up.

BTW, I bought a skid steer. Old New Holland L775. Big freaking bucket, lots of power. Going to work good in the snow:)

I'll get some pictures as soon as possible.

Trailer signs are great, people really seem to notice them.

-Mitch-[/Q

just a bucket ?/?

bobcat48
10-28-2010, 08:50 PM
kool.caint wait to see the pics mitch,kool got a skid steer.

DSLND
03-24-2011, 10:32 PM
Update...

Bought a new mower! Bobcat 26hp/60". Holy crap its nice! I still have the Deere tractor, but its a backup machine now.

I've needed this mower for about two years now, but have managed with that tractor to get some other purchases out of the way. Now i'm going to fly through these big accounts! And that suspension seat is:):):):):):cool2::cool2:

Other recent purchases: Unimount setup for the pickup truck. Been putting this off for a while. The dump truck was one heck of a plowing machine but I really wore it out to the point where it will be used as a secondary truck. So i bought the unimount bracket off ebay for the K2500 and had the local shop wire it up. Got to use it on the very last storm this season and wow! Lot easier to turn!!! BTW, bought a SnoEx 575 spreader too! No more push spreader! Man, that plus the pickup with plow cut my time in half! Money well spent.

Thinking about getting a flatbed for the K2500. Maybe even some kind of deal with a gate so I could run a 21" mower up there or a snowblower or aerator. Save me some money by keeping the trailer at home.

Nothing else too exciting. Big year this year. I didn't know what to expect with the economy and fuel prices but people are calling more than ever! :usflag::usflag: Still trying to find some decent employees who are resonable to work with (not demanding money everyday with some bs excuse, and showing up)

Proboably about 45 weekly mowing clients. 500 sq ft to 6 acre fields. Lots of landscaping. Getting more serious into walls, full yard designs, new construction, etc. Would love to trade off the New Holland L775 for a ASV 60hp with cab:weightlifter: If only I had $50k!

-Mitch-

deere615
03-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Cool, congrats mitch! Wait till you get a bulk spreader and see how much more your time is cut down!

Southern Pride
03-25-2011, 12:22 AM
So 2 48" Lescos with a 17 & 14hp. Aren't they a bit underpowered for that deck size. I have 15hp on my 36 and would prefer a 18hp. When I get my 48" stander I will def go with 20+hp engine, just seeing how those smaller engines on the bigger deck have treated ya.

Just saw the new 60! BadAce dude. Love to see you young guys runnin legit businesses. Reminds me of what I COULD've done...But at year 2 and 30 accounts, I don't guess I'm too far off either! Best of luck this season Mitch.

DSLND
03-25-2011, 01:15 PM
So 2 48" Lescos with a 17 & 14hp. Aren't they a bit underpowered for that deck size. I have 15hp on my 36 and would prefer a 18hp. When I get my 48" stander I will def go with 20+hp engine, just seeing how those smaller engines on the bigger deck have treated ya.

Just saw the new 60! BadAce dude. Love to see you young guys runnin legit businesses. Reminds me of what I COULD've done...But at year 2 and 30 accounts, I don't guess I'm too far off either! Best of luck this season Mitch.

The Lesco 48" was a bit underpowered for the deck size. The 32" with the 13hp was perfect. I have sold both of those units in the past year.

Cool, congrats mitch! Wait till you get a bulk spreader and see how much more your time is cut down!

Thanks! Yes, my buddy has a SaltDogg bulk spreader and its nice! Just hate when it clogs up....lol

-Mitch-

deere615
03-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks! Yes, my buddy has a SaltDogg bulk spreader and its nice! Just hate when it clogs up....lol

-Mitch-

I had taken the baffles out of mine and it cloggedup a few times now I have the baffles in and wide open and its been pretty good

DSLND
06-15-2011, 12:06 AM
Hope every1 is doing great, things are booming around here.

Update:

Put a little money in the pickup :) cant keep them girls away now! lol. See below for details!

Love the Bobcat ZTR. I am having some issues with the deck and the belt continually breaking (third one with 54.5 hours on the mower to date). But dealer is taking great care of the situation.

Landscaping is booming! Landing me some big jobs! 50 yard mulch jobs, new construction, etc. Down to 40 maintenance accounts that we knock out in 2.5 days. Rest of week is dedicated to landscaping.

Not digging the fertilizer thing this year. I don't plan on offering the service for clients I dont do the mowing for. I'm honestly sick of the "theres a weed in my yard!!!!" phone calls.

I really need more help. Got one full time guy, and one part time. Got an experienced guy (former foreman at other LCO doing hardscapes, etc.). Hes working for me on sundays and any other days I can get him.

Things are getting a bit hard to manage, and Im trying to keep things under control, but for now Im working 7 day weeks, sun up to after dark. Honestly, its crazy but a few years ago when I was trying to develop a reputation, I dreamed of this so I guess im getting what I wished for!

Getting another truck this week or next, whenever I can get back to dealer. 2003 Chevy c4500 w/15' dump bed. 108k miles, gas, 2wd, etc. Sweet truck! Cant wait!

I think thats about it for now. I'll post pictures up of the new truck once I get it all lettered up.

Oh yeah, I graduated high school finally!

Heres a picture of the pickup after my "improvements". :weightlifter:

-Mitch-

TopNotchLawnCare
06-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Nice!.....

bobcat48
06-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Nice truck!

Chevy z71
06-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Nice im allmost 16.

DSLND
06-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Thanks guys.

Kitt- This thread was started when I was 16. Looks like you got some nice equipment!

-Mitch-

TopNotchLawnCare
08-02-2011, 02:42 AM
Is that your Chevy dump for sale on Craigslist? Any new additions or updates?

Puddle of Oil
08-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Ok, now lets see your work pictures?

smmcinto
08-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

DSLND
09-18-2011, 11:51 PM
So i recently acquired a shop. 30x60 pole barn with two stall heated garage, main office, second office, full bath with shower and utility room. Located right in Pekin's downtown, 15k cars/day pass by:waving::waving::waving:

Also, traded my skid with locked up motor for a 95 F150 4x4. Looking for a Western light duty unimount (1/2ton plow).

Heres a picture I snapped this morning of the shop. Still need to get some lettering up on side of building and do some more landscaping, but its a work in progress.

I'll try to get some work pictures up here pretty soon. I took a lot this year for a proposal for Bass Pro in East Peoria, but ive decided not to bid because I just don't have the man power for such a big account.

-Mitch-

TopNotchLawnCare
09-19-2011, 02:54 AM
Nice shop! How about some pictures of the inside?

bobcat48
09-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Nice shop,congarts on your success.

deere615
09-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Nice shop Mitch! you renting or did you buy it?

DSLND
10-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Nice shop Mitch! you renting or did you buy it?

Renting shop for now. Would eventually like to buy. I love it!

I took some interior pictures, but Im going to wait until I do some improvements to post new ones.

Its got a main office, secondary office, full bath with shower, and the two stall garage. Plow on will fit through doors, making it convenient to dry off trucks during snow storms.

Getting a lot of attention from the sign.

-Mitch-